just wondered....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i know this is the bear garden & there is a mobile phone forum but....

has anyone done one of these monthly mobile phone deals where you get so many months 'half price' but you actually pay the full monthly price & then claim back the saving on set months during the 18/24 month contract.

has this worked for you? do you have to be organised enough to remember to claim it back?

just wondering if anyone has done this or if you think its too much hassle to bother with.

:)

There was a programme about this on either the telly or the radio its ligit problem is they give you a window of about 2hours :rolleyes:to do the claim back if you dont:eek: tough so she needs to look at it as if she wont get the money back is it then the best deal:D

Don't do it!

A friend of mine got one of those, and the process to claim back was complicated, with having to fax the bills to a number that seldom worked, and if you missed the deadline for that month, you'd lose out, ridiculous conditions etc... and then saying that they hadn't received the faxes, any excuse not to pay out. :-(

I'd stay very clear of those.

Sounds like I was pretty close to the truth :rolleyes: its just a marketing ploy to get you to buy the phone contract and if your lucky you get some of your money back.

I wouldn't buy online, I think the best thing to do would be to price the phone from a non specific outlet like the carphone warehouse, my own experience of these outlets has been very good, the staff are all pretty knowledgeable about the deals the various phone companies are offering and you can ask questions face to face before you buy the contract.

I'm sure if the "cash back" is as bad as is being suggested they will steer you away from buying on this basis because they wont want the volume of complaints this must generate comming back to them.

pete

One more thing PD. If the contract was for 18/24 months. I guarantee (well before that time) she would fall in love with a newer phone but will have to stick with the one she has.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

yes thats another concern gilbert ....anyway ive got it sorted now - just went for a straight monthly payment :)

One more thing PD. If the contract was for 18/24 months. I guarantee (well before that time) she would fall in love with a newer phone but will have to stick with the one she has.

im sure she will :rolleyes: but i wont be changing it for her

• 3 weeks later...