How to fit concrete fence posts into concrete ground, what do i need to make the 2ft holes?

tal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As you know my story from

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-knowledge/174235-terrified-rear-garden-used.html

I now want to put up a 6ft by 6ft fence to stop my neighbours who are tenants and others walking into my garden.

I want to put up 6ft by 6ft fencing, but with concrete fence posts. I understand I need 8ft concrete posts (these will need to be put 2ft into the concrete) to put a 6ft fence up.

What type of machinery do I need to make a 2ft deep hole into my concrete garden so i can out the concrete post?

Will hss stock a product that will do this?

HSS Hire › Breaking & Drilling

you can hire powered ones

something like this

or its dig the holes

HSS Hire › Post Hole Borers

and use power chisel to break the top concrete

Edited by kiptower

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

you can hire powered ones

something like this

or its dig the holes

HSS Hire › Post Hole Borers

and use power chisel to break the top concerete

Kitpower, will these be able to dig into the concrete/stone garden and go 2ft deep?

the pictures show the drill going into earth, not concrete?

Use the power chisel FIRST, or a sledgehammer and pick, then if it is a thin layer of concrete you could use the post hole borer into the soil underneath or dig it !!! Once the hole is big enough, 3 parts sand and 1 part cement or use a bag of Post Fix (you'll probably need a few)....a gravel board might be a good idea too with a wooden panel above it...

HSS Hire › Demolition Hammer

I'd be more inclined to use this but my garden's soil is very rocky, borers are usless then. What is your soil like?

In any case you say you have to dig up concrete and this hammer will make light work of it, no messing about, especially if you have to dig 6, 8 or 10+ 2ft holes.

Plan your fence and how many holes you need and just hire for the day to dig the holes.

HSS Hire › Demolition Hammer

I'd be more inclined to use this but my garden's soil is very rocky, borers are usless then. What is your soil like?

In any case you say you have to dig up concrete and this hammer will make light work of it, no messing about, especially if you have to dig 6, 8 or 10+ 2ft holes.

Plan your fence and how many holes you need and just hire for the day to dig the holes.

I need to make 2ft deep holes into the concrete garden, starting from the house wall and going about 18ft towards the hedge, does anyone know where i can hire something that will make the holes into concrete ground specifically for concrete posts?

You may be better getting a reliable workman in to do the job. Contact you local Trading Standards office to see if they run a reliable trader scheme. It's not a certificate of quality of work or prices, but more of an undertaking to comply with the spirit as well as the letter of the law to drive out the cowboys.

HI THERE. i used to be a manager of a landscaping company. there is a couple of ways you can work round this. why do you need to put concrete posts in? cannot you use thick wooden ones 4x3 or 4x4 then you just need post holders you can then drill to the concrete...saving the hassle and hard work of digging into the concrete...this is the option i would use...........or you could hire a hilti drill with a chisle attachment that will go through easy enough without the full expense of hiring a compressor and a pecker.....trust me......wooden way is the best and will look better in the long run....then you only need 6f posts also.

cheers carl

HI THERE. i used to be a manager of a landscaping company. there is a couple of ways you can work round this. why do you need to put concrete posts in? cannot you use thick wooden ones 4x3 or 4x4 then you just need post holders you can then drill to the concrete...saving the hassle and hard work of digging into the concrete...this is the option i would use...........or you could hire a hilti drill with a chisle attachment that will go through easy enough without the full expense of hiring a compressor and a pecker.....trust me......wooden way is the best and will look better in the long run....then you only need 6f posts also.

cheers carl

This is the way i would do it, the product on the market is called metpost and you need the bolt down wedge (or similar) drill in as carl said and put rawlbolts in. Miles cheaper and no need for machinery. Set your line up carefully first and everything else is easy. give me a shout if you struggle with it.;)

If you feel I have helped please tickle my scales;)

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing