oldman123 v the dreaded weed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well today is the first day of going cold turkey , after smoking since the age of 13, i will be 55 next month you may be wondering why now? Well i will tell you.

I have a new lady in my life and after 2 months, today she told me she loved me and if that is not a good reason to give up then i don't know what is.

Mind you im climbing the walls.

dave

I'm a day ahead of you in the quitting department. My mind is so busy arguing with itself ("have one", "NO", "Go on") I feel like I'm losing my marbles a bit. Can't quite seem to get a decent handle on things before my mind goes a wandering back to cigarettes. Thing is if you don't give in, then it's a day you'll never have to do again and tommorrow will (hopefully) be a little easier!

Good luck

For Sale: Parachute

Used once, never opened...slight stain:-o

Try reading Dr Allen Carr's easyway to stop smoking I read it 7 years ago and never even think about smoking even when I've had a few drinks.

Allen Carr's hundred-cigarettes-a-day addiction drove him to despair, but after countless attempts to quit he discovered what the world had been waiting for - the easy way to stop smoking. Now recognised as the world's leading expert on helping smokers to quit, Allen Carr's informative, no scare tactics methods and techniques are a revelation for those desperate to kick the habit.

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Allen Carr: Amazon.co.uk: Books

Day 2 and hanging on for dear life ,want to punch any one who even looks at me the wrong way and to cap it all i may have a chest infection , but going to see the quack in the morning. :evil::evil:

Might even ask him if he can give me anything to give up the weed.

Hi oldman123,

If I were you I wouldn't resort to meds to beat an addiction, all you're doing is replacing one addiction for (possibly) another.

Giving up smoking weed will probably be difficult for a while (specially if you've been using it as a sleep aid) but go cold turkey for 2 weeks and you'll be alright again. Give it a month until it completely flushes out of your system and you'll notice a big, positive change. You'll feel a lot less groggy in the mornings, your short-term memory will improve, you'll actually feel a lot healthier, you won't be such a mong-out (if you are a mong-out now) and needless to say you'll save a few extra quid every month.

In my experience, going on NHS funded websites about overcoming a cannabis addiction is pointless - these websites are designed by people who have probably never even smoked weed before, let alone had a problem with the stuff.

I've quit smoking it a few times, just to prove to myself that I can do it. Although to be honest I enjoy it so I'll keep doing it, in the short-term anyway.

Keep us updated.

Jordan

• 7 years later...
Try reading Dr Allen Carr's easyway to stop smoking I read it 7 years ago and never even think about smoking even when I've had a few drinks.

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Allen Carr: Amazon.co.uk: Books

Someone else recommended this to me, swears it works. I stopped 6 years ago for 2 years using the NHS stop smoking service. No patches for me, but I did use an inhalator. I now smoke 4 a night and none in the day, ought to pack up really.