Natwest/mitchell Claimform - **£15k tomlin agreed** - now they say its £23k?

lmrn37
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly, the letter about the stay is just standard bumph.

On the CCA side - complying with a request under s78 is not the same as providing an enforceable agreement.

To comply with s78 they can send anyting that contains the terms of the agreement - ideally the terms when the agreement is executed but also the latest ones. It does not have to be an exact copy and it doesn't have to have a signature- this is what is known as a 'true copy'. If they haven't provided a 'true copy' then they are in default with respect to s78.

However, if they have only sent you an application form without all of the prescibed terms, then thay have not snet a true copy. An application form which has the prescribed terms or just a copy of the T&Cs (provided it contains the prescribed terms) would constitute a true copy.

An enforceable agreement, on the other hand, is a document which has the prescribed terms and your signature.

They must provide this to take you to court, whether or not they comply with s78.

It probably is a good idea to CCA Morecroft - see what they come up with. Don't phone again, but write and tell them the account is in dipute because NW (or whoever) have not complied with s78 as they have not sent a 'tur copy' ie and agreement with the prescibed terms.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Got to do anther AQ this week for court. I wil just send a copy of the last one I did or along the same lines. They still haven't sent any cca. Infact haven't heard anything from them for over a month just from the courts stating they had been granted another stay.

If anyone has any suggestions of anything I can add to the AQ would be grateful.

Had a letter this morning from yet another solicitor with regards the above. They are saying that we only have until the 14th to submit our proposals. Rang the court asked if I should request another stay as the other side have changed back to their original solicitors again. So going to write a letter to the court.

They also enclosed a copy of the credit agreement, which was faxed to them by the local branch (I thought all original agreements would be held in storage somewhere else). I am going to write and asked them to confirm that it is a true copy of the original that they have sent and ask if I can go to the local branch and view it. I think I know what the answer will be but one can try. If it is the original then I can see no problem with this as it would make negotiations move on.

Has anyone else got any suggestions or comments on the above please

Thanks

I'm slightly lost now.

Are these solicitors asking for you to make proposals to settle whilst there is a court case pending? Is this effectively an attempt on their behalf to settle out of court?

Is the creit agreement they have sent enforceable - ie does it have the prescribd terms and your signature on it?

Did you send in the AQ?

This is what there letter states:

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Dear Sir

We write further to previous correspondence.

You will be aware that the court has stayed proceedings to XX/XX/XX to allow the parties to negotiate settlement, in accordance with the overiding objective of the Civil Procedure Rules. We must inform the court by XX/XX/XX of the outcome of settlement negotiations.

Please find enclosed documentation in relation to account number XXXXXXX, which account forms the vast majority of our clients claim.

We would at this preliminary stage in proceedings, seek your settlement proposals. Our clients claim current stands at £xx,XXX,XX ecluding the costs of dealing with your defence to date.

Our client would be prepared to negotiate their claim, in an attempt to avoid the substantial costs to both parties of preparing for a probable fast track or multi-track trail. We note that proceedings have yet to be allocated to track.

Like I said above they have enclosed a copy of a credit agreement.

natwestccapg1.jpg

natwestpg2cca.jpg

Pre-contract information

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 lays down rules requiring information to be given to borrowers or hirers before entry into a consumer credit or hire agreement.

For agreements entered into following face-to-face discussions, the relevant regulations are the Consumer Credit (Disclosure of Information) Regulations 2004 (the Regulations).

If the agreement was entered into at a distance, without face-to-face contact between the parties, the relevant regulations are the Financial Service (Distance Marketing) Regulations 2004 made by HM Treasury.

There are also rules under the Consumer Credit Act about the cancellation of a regulated agreement, and withdrawal from an agreement before it is made. Special rules apply in the case of agreements secured on land.

The Consumer Credit (Disclosure of Information) Regulations

These Regulations apply to all regulated consumer credit agreements and consumer hire agreements, apart from distance contracts and agreements secured on land.

The Regulations require specified information to be provided to the borrower before a regulated agreement is made. Essentially, this is the same information as is required in the credit agreement.

The information must be of equal prominence, and easily legible. It must be contained in a document headed 'Pre-contract information' which must be separate from the credit agreement. No other information may be included in addition.

The document must be available and accessible to the borrower, so that he can take it away if he wishes. This is so that he can use it to compare credit offers.

If the above requirements are not met, the lender can only enforce any agreement against the borrower by getting a court order. Local authority trading standards services or the OFT can take enforcement action against the lender, using powers in Part 8 of the Enterprise Act 2002.

In other words Imrn did you sign it on their premises?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The information must be of equal prominence, and easily legible. It must be contained in a document headed 'Pre-contract information' which must be separate from the credit agreement. No other information may be included in addition.

Edited by Andyorch
addition

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I am afraid so.Never seen a Rats with that heading on though.

Andy

So should I now negotiate with them re paying back.

i do have a problem over the default notices, they have been recreated with no signature on them. i was told on here some time ago that they would argue that the originals were sent to me. i never received the default notices from them.

Not knowing the full case details its difficuilt to advise.Is there any unfair charges involved miss sold PPI? Have they followed the right protocol in instigating litigation? Only you know why you defended and the facts.

But the above agreement is enforcable.

Regards

Andy

Who are the Sols not Mitchell I hope?

Along with what Bill states was the PPI forced on you?

Just trying to get an angle on this

Andy

Yes they are mitchells

Manchester?

Have you submitted a Defence if so can you post it again?

Regards

Andy