Credit cards and the CCCS

chimp choker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm presently in an arangment with my creditors working with the Consumer Credit Counciloring service in which the Credit card companies have stopped adding interest onto my card bills so I can reduce my debts which are like £41,000 or so.

My question is this. If i push for the charges back are they likely to reinstall the interest charges and if so do I have a right to complain as the sesation of the interest charges is on their good will and secondly how do I go about it if they demand full repayment back?

Although I don't have any money i was going to ask each of them for a full and final settlement offer for each account and try to get a house loan to pay this off.

Should i do the Full and finalsettlement first then apply for the charges or risk the punitive method of adding the interest charges i suspect they will go for?

Request for repayment letter sent on 24 / 08/ 2006 giving 14 days to reply.

S.A.R. issued to:

Citibank international 07/09/2006

Creation Finance 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Nat West Bank 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Mint 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Sainsbury's 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Northern Rock 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Nationwide

S.A.R SENT

07/09/2006

letter signed for 8/9/06

letter offering £120 in charges refund 12/09/06

Statements arrived all bound in a folder 16/09/2006

nationwide 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Halifax 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

MBNA request for repayment letter sent 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

DONATE TO KEEP THE SITE OPEN PLEASE

I'm in this position and it hasn't stopped me claiming against MBNA. The bottom line is they can't expect you to pay any more each month, as CCCS will have worked out exactly what you can afford. So, if worse came to the worse, and they demanded the whole lot back, they could attempt to take you to court to get the money back, but the judge will laugh them out of court, advising them that you are already paying the maximum.

What you should be prepared to accept is that if you do reclaim your charges, your debts should be reduced accordingly. If this occurs, just let CCCS know and they can update their records. Unless any of your credit card debts have been sold onto debt collection agencies, that is, in which case the credit card company will most probably send you a cheque - it's up to you what you do with that ;)

So, in simple terms - go for it.

I would strongly recommend against taking out any more loans to clear the outstanding debts - CCCS will advise you the same too. There are other options - eg an IVA. Talk to CCCS to discuss the options - avoid getting into more debt.

Thanks clayts,

One has been sold on to cabot. out of the 9 or 10 creditors only the nationwide is being the belligerent [edited language - sorry] and arguing that they will take me to court if I don't come up with a £3k to end a loan. Actually i'm looking forward to going to court with them. They keep threatening to send it to a solicitor, like for 7 months now as they won't agree a plan with the cccs. CCCS said that they would terminate my agreement if I took out a loan to kleer the debts so it looks as if my day in court is coming.

As it happens the nationwide had my mortgage and as we were doing up the house we had further advances. The last one the lasses in the local branch fiddled our income so we could get the loan. We failed the points score in the morning and then they put it through again that same afternoon and we got the loan. What they did was increased our houshold income from £13k to £21k and I have the paperwork to prove it so I'm looking forward to my day in court and the first one of the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s will be going off to the nationwide tomorrow.

Mind you I might offer them £700 to pay off a £7k loan and see what they say.

They say every dog has his day !!!

Thanks for the advice.

Chimp.

S.A.R. issued to:

Nationwide

S.A.R SENT

07/09/2006

letter signed for 8/9/06

Guest NATTIE

Be careful on that last one because even if Nationwide fiddled the loan, you signed that what was put on the form was correct. However saying this, the branch staff could be sacked and rightly so for doing it

Be careful on that last one because even if Nationwide fiddled the loan, you signed that what was put on the form was correct. However saying this, the branch staff could be sacked and rightly so for doing it

Thanks for the advice but actually I didn't. What happened was I filled in the form and signed it and then went home. The staff crossed out the first figure and put in the larger one then put it through on the afternoon. It was only whaen the money and paperwork came through that I realised what had happened.....

Still I will be cautious.

Thanks.

S.A.R. issued to:

Nationwide

S.A.R SENT

07/09/2006

letter signed for 8/9/06

Guest NATTIE

In that case, BINGO, they committed fraud and that would be tricky. The bank would probably argue that you used the funds but it's still fraud by altering a signed document.

I hope MODS don't edit the post but if so maybe the correct wording is falsifying docs, falsifying income etc,etc,

The last one the lasses in the local branch fiddled our income so we could get the loan. We failed the points score in the morning and then they put it through again that same afternoon and we got the loan. What they did was increased our houshold income from £13k to £21k and I have the paperwork to prove it

If you have evidence we would be very interested in a copy please

research@bankactiongroup.co.uk

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.