£54,000 debt, severly disabled, help please

bach
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all on the NatWest Forum, and a Happy New Year

Have a eldery guy who is on severe disability, and has been in hospital with a callapsed lung on 3 4 occasions in the last 3 months. When I visited him (dont know him particaulary well) I did a bit of tiding up for him and found behind the sofa hundreds of letters from DCA Credit card companies, catalogue the banks etc all chaseing him for money.

Over Xmas Iv sorted out all these letters and delt witrh quite a few, however, I have received a reply back from NatWest below is a copy of the letter, can anyone please help me with what they are saying.I can't understand why they are not charging him any interest and also they say they have no signed documents when he opened the account.

In all his debts amount to oweing aroung £54 000.

Does anyone think it might be an idea to ask these compainies to right these debts off for him. He has somewhere a doctors notice saying he is severely disabeled and is trying to find it for me,does anyone think this may help. I would appreciagte any imput that you can give me as I dont no where to go next

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/1bach/peternatwest.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/1bach/peternatwest1.jpg

All help really appreciated on this one.

Lynn

Hi to all on the NatWest Forum, and a Happy New Year

Have a eldery guy who is on severe disability, and has been in hospital with a callapsed lung on 3 4 occasions in the last 3 months. When I visited him (dont know him particaulary well) I did a bit of tiding up for him and found behind the sofa hundreds of letters from DCA Credit card companies, catalogue the banks etc all chaseing him for money.

Over Xmas Iv sorted out all these letters and delt witrh quite a few, however, I have received a reply back from NatWest below is a copy of the letter, can anyone please help me with what they are saying.I can't understand why they are not charging him any interest and also they say they have no signed documents when he opened the account.

In all his debts amount to oweing aroung £54 000.

Does anyone think it might be an idea to ask these compainies to right these debts off for him. He has somewhere a doctors notice saying he is severely disabeled and is trying to find it for me,does anyone think this may help. I would appreciagte any imput that you can give me as I dont no where to go next

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/1bach/peternatwest.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/1bach/peternatwest1.jpg

All help really appreciated on this one.

Lynn

Lynn, apologies no one has responded to this post, specifically although, they may have on any other thread that you have posted on the same matter. You need to get the elderly guy to sign a letter giving you permission to deal with his affairs on your behalf and then hit all the lenders for copies of the statements with charges on. Without doubt it does sound like a hardship case and one where you may well be able to get refunds on. Good Luck and apologies no one here responded earlier.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi and thanks so much for your reply.

I had a thought that he may be able to go Bankrupt and from the reply Iv received, its seem it may well be the best way forward. Iv spent a lot of time over Xmas and got all the papers in to files and did write some letters, but as yet no response to any of them Unfortunatly, he has that many Companies it would take me at least 6 months to go down the route I first thought of. It may well be best for him to go Bankrupt, I think that he would,nt get Credit anyway now from anywhere, he also can't go out.

Thanks anyway Im feeling a bit more positive about things for him,

Thanks again Lynn

Hi Lynn

I have answered on your other thread. Here is a link for you to read through:

Publications and Guidance Material Issued by The Insolvency Service

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers