Barclays PPI Reclaim Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am about to start a claim against Barclays having been missold PPI on a loan. Could you please have a look at this letter any feedback greatly appreciated.

Also how do I calculate the following figure for the letter: I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments, plus interest, which total £ ?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref –

I believe I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy and would like to request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out a £10000 loan at your branch on and also bought a payment protection policy which would cost me an extra £3102.12 over the life of the loan. The name of the salesperson who sold me the policy is .

When I took out the loan, I was told that my application would be refused if I did not also buy a PPI policy. The Financial Services Authority’s advice to consumers is that, while it does not breach FSA guidelines, a borrower should not be refused a loan if they choose not to buy an insurance policy.

I would also like to point out that I was not told that I could buy PPI elsewhere to cover the loan. It was made very clear that I would stand more chance of getting the loan if I took the Payment Protection Insurance.

It was not explained to me that there were certain exclusions within the policy that could affect me should I have to make a claim. Furthermore in forcing me to buy this policy, you have also breached paragraph 8.6 of the Banking Code, to which you are a signatory.

I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments, plus interest, which total £.

If I do not receive a favourable response from you I will pursue this claim through the Financial Ombudsman.

Yours faithfully,

ska

I am about to start a claim against Barclays having been missold PPI on a loan. Could you please have a look at this letter any feedback greatly appreciated.

Also how do I calculate the following figure for the letter: I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments, plus interest, which total £ ?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref –

I believe I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy and would like to request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out a £10000 loan at your branch on and also bought a payment protection policy which would cost me an extra £3102.12 over the life of the loan. The name of the salesperson who sold me the policy is .

When I took out the loan, I was told that my application would be refused if I did not also buy a PPI policy. The Financial Services Authority’s advice to consumers is that, while it does not breach FSA guidelines, a borrower should not be refused a loan if they choose not to buy an insurance policy.

I would also like to point out that I was not told that I could buy PPI elsewhere to cover the loan. It was made very clear that I would stand more chance of getting the loan if I took the Payment Protection Insurance.

It was not explained to me that there were certain exclusions within the policy that could affect me should I have to make a claim. Furthermore in forcing me to buy this policy, you have also breached paragraph 8.6 of the Banking Code, to which you are a signatory.

I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments, plus interest, which total £.

If I do not receive a favourable response from you I will pursue this claim through the Financial Ombudsman.

Yours faithfully,

ska

Hello Ska,

Welcome to the forum:D

There is not much activity on the ppi forum at present, must be due to the xmas festivities:lol:

I will have a look at tthe letter you wish to send to barclays later, as I have to go out now for a bit.

Can you tell me when the loan was taken out please:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi hellhasnofury thanks for the reply.

The loan was taken out in November 2005, I was not aware of being able to reclaim until 42man had a look at the agreement sent to me by Barclays after a CCA request.

I was basically told it would be in my best interests to take the PPI or the loan would not be approved. I was told that by taking it I would be showing my self as a responsible borrower, and that it would help give me piece of mind.

They neglected to tell me what was was covered by it though.

This is the thread link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/170521-barclays-loan-help.html

I have sent the letter to test the water with Barclays as their behaviour towards me has been appallling and should it be proved that the PPI was missold then the agreement so 42man advises me would be unenforcable.

I would greatly appreciate any help and advice you can provide as I really am new to all of this. I am keen to place this account in dispute and claim back what they have missold to me.

Many Thanks

ska

• 2 weeks later...

Letter for starting the ball rolling on this one was recieved and signed for by Barclays on 29th December, so far all quite on the western front.

Anybody know how long it takes them for their initial response?

Hello ska,

have you asked for repayment of your PPI? giving your reasons for claiming mis-selling?

My first advice would be to read through a few of the other threads on this forum especially the barclays threads and see how others are proceeding. The more info you post in your own thread the better but take out all of your personal details like names, addresses, account numbers, sort codes and telephone numbers the better caggers can understand your situation and offer relevant help and advice.;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks aa.

In answer to your questions, have you asked for repayment of your PPI? giving your reasons for claiming mis-selling?

Yes I used the template letter and explained my reasons and asked for a full refund.

I am just not sure what to do should they ignore the letter and how to proceed. They do not appear to want to get into a dialogue about this.

Hello ska,

They have legally 40 days to respond to your subject access request so things do not go at a fast rate with the banks. After 40 days you can submit a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office for failure of barclays to adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998 which is a legal statute in Law, or start Court proceedings or both.

If your original request was received by barclays on 29 Dec 2008 then the 40 days starts from that date then if no response you can light the blue touch paper of the fireworks you about to launch.:D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi aa I have not sent an SAR to Barclays I have a copy of the agreement received after a cca request. I have sent the letter in post 1 and this is what they are ignoring.

Sorry for my ignorance on this subject, does the 40 days still apply to this request?

Many Thanks

ska

Hello ska,

Hi aa I have not sent an Subject Access Request to Barclays I have a copy of the agreement received after a cca request. I have sent the letter in post 1 (as your letter in post 1 is a request for repayment of the PPI they have 8 weeks to respond if they send a get stuffed letter then that is taken as a final offer so off to the FOS or if they fail to respond in 8 weeks that is also taken as a get stuffed so off to the FOS so refusal to repay or no response and it is FOS or Court . If you go to the FOS first and the complaint is not upheld you still have the court option but if you go to court and lose the FOS will not look at your complaint.

Sorry for my ignorance on this subject, does the 40 days still apply to this request?

Many Thanks

ska

Hope this is of use to you;)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 1 month later...

I am also trying to reclaim PPI from Barclays. First wrote on 19 January, they replied they would investigate and reply by 18 February, they replied letter dated 18 Feb saying they needed to carry out further investigation and would reply by 18 March. Letter arrived dated 18 March saying further investigation needed and would reply by 8 April. It's deliberate delaying tactics in the hope that we'll give up or go to the FOS. Read in last Sunday's papers that the FOS is dealing with so many cases that its causing several months delay on decision. This is what Barclays are hoping for, creating months of their own delay and if we don't give up and go to FOS another several months delay and Barclays get to hold on to our money for a bit longer.

The letters are all very polite and always invite you to phone and discuss if you wish - so what do we do? Write a strong letter and maybe put them against you or wait it out?

What has anyone else decided to do?

Cheers

lurcherlady

• 2 weeks later...

I've been assigned an ajudicator, so anybody have any idea how long things take with the FOS from this point?

ska

Be patient it could be as little as six to eight months now and you should have a result. Best thing is to let them do their investigatative work, get a positive result for you and chase your money once the result is in.

Some cases are quicker than others depending on what you have submitted to the FOS and what the company respond with. You have to remember not 100% of claims are upheld. Hang on to your hat it is now a waiting game:wink:

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from