Vouchers Not Accepted (For Kingfisher Group)

spurious
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went into Comets today to buy something, and presented them with some vouchers. They told me they have been instructed not to accept them, and advised I should write to the address on the back and ask for a refund, to the value of the vouchers (£185, altogether). The address on the back is for "The Kingfisher & Woolworths Group Voucher Centre".

The shop assistant I spoke with said they have had emailed instructions not to accept them and that refunds would be provided if the customer writes to the address on the back. When asked for a printout of this email, he returned a few minutes later with a printout of a poster that the store obviously knocked up themselves, and went from saying we'd "definitely get a refund" to we should "definitely fight for" one.

Am I entitled to them? Does anyone have an experience in caiming back in this kind of circumstance? Did the store assistant get it wrong?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

EDIT: On further research, it seems that Woolworths will either exchange them for cash, or at least change them for cash, on the instructions of their head office. I understand that store managers will abide by this, when the inevitably ignorant shopping assistant refuses them in the first instance. Does anybody have experience of this, or know it to be correct (or incorrect)?

Edited by spurious

hi guys

just give to give you a background into myself i had worked for Comet for over 7 years as a deputy manager and if anybody needs advice please dont hesitate to ask, just to answer the above question comet does not have to accept the vouchers and there was an email to instruct not to accept them either this is because woolworths and comet are not part of the same group and the vouchers are not issued by comet.

Just an update on this, I went down to my local Woolworths today (it's last day of business) and was given cash to the value of the vouchers, no questions asked. So anyone else who has this issue, get down to Woolworths quick, before it shuts, and you should be given the same.

• 1 month later...

hi there ive jus tried to use my vochers comet told me the same thing iam going to write to the address on the back of the vochers but explain this i was given vochers by comet to use whenever in the future so what has kingfisher or woolworths got to do with it i dont care who, what, why jus that comet should giv my money back as they issued me with the vochers.if i was advised that the other 2 companys have the real right over the vochers i mite of thort twice.i cant go back to woolworths coz all stores in my town are shut.comet took my address at the time they issued me with vochers why not write and tell me they no longer aint getting accepted customer service.worst thing is the sales adviser wasent even bothered when i got upset that i was going to lose £80 quid how patronising.

• 3 months later...

YES YOU WILL GET THE MONEY BACK from the address printed. They cannot be accepted because the individual companies which form kingfisher have no way of knowing where the vouchers were purchased and with Woolworths being closed the recievers have the money therefore they can't claim it back. The kingfisher voucher company however can and do refund the vouchers to full face value. send recorded though!!

• 2 months later...

Hi there, I've worked as an Admin staff at my super-duper-big-and-shiny comet since december, and I can tell you that no, there is no way and Comet shop will accept Kingfisher vouchers. I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but basically, there's no way we can guarentee we get the money from them, as something other is going wrong at Kingfisher. There is no physical way via the tills we can even process them.

But you are entitled to a full refund via the address on the back.

I sent £75 worth of Kingfisher vouchers (via recorded delivery) on 27/01/09 to an address in Rochford (postcode OL11 3DZ) I got on another forum with a covering letter detailing serial numbers and my details etc...

The letter was signed for, but I have not heard anything whatsoever since and don't even know if my claim has been formally lodged to try and get some recompense!

Luckily I only sent colour copies of the vouchers (front & back) so still have the originals.

What should I do?

Well I recently found some vouchers (£15 worth) issued by the Kingfisher Group, redeemable at B&Q, Comet, MVC, Superdrug & Woolworths - I went to our local B&Q and got the same answer - i.e. they will not accept them. Now mine have NO use by date, or an address on the back. I have tried ringing the number but it is 'temporarily out of order'. Looking into the Kingfisher Group website, it looks as though they have got rid of the other companies, only keeping B&Q. But to my mind, they (Kingfisher) benifited from my money in the first instance and I consider they are responsible. Can anyone give my the address please?8-)

• 2 weeks later...

Today after much digging, I found the correct, accurate address to post/fax details of all your Kingfisher voucher details:

FLOGISTICS LTD

C/O OFFICIAL RECEIVER

BEGBIES TRAYNOR

GLENDEVON HOUSE

HAWTHORN PARK

COAL ROAD

LEEDS

LS14 1PQ

or you can fax serial numbers and your name/address to:

0113 237 5561 FAO: Kate Dimmock

I hope this helps other people who may find this thread as I've been searching for months for some accurate info! :cool:

• 1 year later...

Taken from another forum, but I've confirmed it's 100% true! 8-)

"The B&Q kingfisher one with 5 companies listed including MVC were issued when Woolworths were still owned by the kingfisher group. B&Q will take them.

If its just got comet, B&Q and woolworth they were issued by woolworth under lience after they left the kingfisher group so wont be accepted. For reference."