Is this an offence?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will do.

If this person is prepared to go to the media then I already have two organisations which seem to be interested

thekat1979

I've just sent you another email

In case you don't have it you can email admin@consumeractiongrou p.co.uk (without the space in email addy).

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Have e-mailed Bank Fodder, and said that I'd like to give them one las tchance to redeem themselves so will see what happens at the meeting I have tomorrow with homelessness, a lady from Shelter Cymru is going to come to the meeting with me and my OH so fingers crossed.

I'll update tomorrow afternoon after the meeting. Eeep! Better get on with packing!

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

UPDATE

Had the meeting today, ws just to take info about our past addresses, other such things. This is apparently the assessment meeting we SHOULD have had four weeks ago. :-(

Because 'its a Friday' the absolute EARLIEST that they can rehome us is Monday and could probably still be a hostel but that the longer we are willing to 'stick it out' the more chance that we may get a flat.

As for the violence that we are very much expecting, we have a plan of action in place SHOULD anything happen which Shelter Cymru have helped to set up.

The police were rung today - for which I have a log number. They have been prewarned that there MY be an issue over the weekend, and that if there is, it will be a legal not civil matter as it will be an illegal eviction. If anything happens, we can ring the police and get them to come out straight away. If there is a threat of violence against us, then the police will come and collect us, take us to the police station (we couldn't gt there ourselves) and from there we can ring the out of hours housing team who will find us somewhere to stay for a day or two while they sort out the proper temporary acomodation.

I'm still VERY nervous and very angry that if they had just done what they had to, when they had to, that we would have had a few days to sort this out, not just 24 hours!

Fingers crossed, eh!?

Sorry it took a while to report back, been caught up trying to finish packing. We are getting all our stuff except for an air bed and portable TV out of here tomorrow morning, and it is being put in a garage.

Taking on -

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

Thank you - he's sleeping at the moment. Poor thing, every time he wakes up, something in his house has changed. He's being VERY clingy at the moment, which is understandable I guess!

Bless him - he just wants to make his mummy happy x

Taking on -

Dogs dont like change. He just needs some reassurance from his mum that youre not going to get rid of him as well. He doesnt understand whats happening, so give him lots of attention and cuddles.:)

Edited by noomill060

So far so good

When your settled I think there needs to be a few formal complaints made about not only the council but also the police & their appalling conduct in refusing to do what they are paid to do particularly for such a vulnerable person.

Thinking of you Kat. If you have more problems let us know straight away, because we can still get the press involved if need be.

Quite simply don't answer the door if anyone calls unexpectedly and phone the police and be firm that they must come at once. You have a right to expect their protection from criminals.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you ladies and gents...keeping my fingers crossed for a quiet, stress free weekend. Got all my stuff out, just got really minimal basics out still, sleeping on an air bed, so my mum can move us out with her car as soon as we can get out. Fingers crossed! Going to be ringing homeless rehoming section as soon as I can on Monday. Just got to stick it out until then!

Thank you all so much for your help!

Taking on -

Because 'its a Friday' the absolute EARLIEST that they can rehome us is Monday and could probably still be a hostel but that the longer we are willing to 'stick it out' the more chance that we may get a flat.
(Don't quote me but) I'm pretty sure you're allowed to refuse their first (and second I think) offer without reason or penalty. Within reason, you can refuse every offer until they find one to your satisfaction. Shelter should have more info if you need it and I'm surprised they haven't brought it up previously.

Best wishes!

Thinking of you both - and the wonderful Argus too!

Seriously praying for a decent outcome, and hoping you have a quiet weekend.

All the very, very best xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Hi Kat :)

Sorry you're having to struggle with such a terrible situation, still :mad:

We're all thinking of you, and the site team have already said they will help however they can. Keep going!!! Love sosumi :) xx

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Thank you everyone.

The council have told us that if we refuse their offer of housing when it is temporary emergency acomodation, they don't have to offer us any more. It is when they are offering us permanant that we can refuse offers. Hoping for a half decent outcome tomorrow, am going to ring the rehoming section mid morning if they haven't contacted us by then.

In a twist of fortune, got a text from landlady last night asking if we had left yet as she didn't want to come in if we were (she's said in the past she does not have a key, so that freaked me out a bit in a way). Texted back (if she is wanting to be reasonableish over this weekend, I'll take that for a quieter time at the moment), saying that we were not out yet, but that it should only be a couple of days and that I'd text her as soon as we were out. Got a 'thanks' in reply to that, so HOPING this means she may be feeling a bit more generous, or has been full of talk for the past few months. Either way, I'm grabbing any opportunity for a quiet weekend with both hands!

Thank you so much for all the support, it has been a HUGE help! x

Taking on -

Yes that's quite true about the housing. I was offered temp and had no choice but to accept. Even though it's temp you would have thought that the council could have made some effort with it!:mad:

best of luck Kat, and yes it sounds like the 'landlady' is starting to see reason.

Hope it works out well.

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Lewis - Lost their tongue after cca request:roll: -

Now in default of my CCA request - still no contact since:D

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

1ST Credit - CCA request sent - now stopped contact with me

UPDATE - at 2.30 in the morning :-(

About half an hour ago someone tried to break in through the back door of the house. Dialed 999 as we had been told, got someone out. We told them the incident number we had from Friday where Shelter had set something up so that if we had any problems, we were to get taken to the police station, where we could ring Cardiff housing office and arrange for emergency temporary accomodation. Didn't quite go to plan, the police said that they would not take us to the police station as it was icy and they reckoned we'd fall over. They then said we were in no danger as the person trying to break in had gone away and to stay here as they were unwilling to take us to Cardiff should we need to, and we were better off staying here than sitting in the police station until the morning. They said going to the police station 'simply wasn't going to happen' and that if we 'chose' to stay up all night, that 'was our decision' and that was all they would do.

So, got a cup of hot sweet tea, writing on here, and thinking its a good thing I slept in today as I don't think I'm going to be getting to sleep again tonight. Grrr!

Taking on -

My God!

this really isn't going well for you!, I hope the little sod slips on ice himself and doesn't get up!

What on Earth is your Land lady on?

Keep strong Kat, you're nearly out of this mess!

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about not sleeping Kat, as long as the tea is good you can sleep in the day, as it seems that who ever is causing these troubles is scared of daylight. A sign I think of how much of a coward he or she is. They won't be back tonight. They've probably fallen over in a ditch after too many drugs and with a bit of luck they'll freeze