Business account successes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just noticed that this thread has been moved and made into a sticky.

Although I don't wish to detract from lancasterchelseas' great win (congratulations again:D), I do think it may be a bit misleading for anyone coming to the business claims forum.... as they may think there has actually only been 1 business account claim win ?

Would it be possible for someone to create a sticky that can be used as a catalogue of business account wins?

If someone could make such a sticky, I would be happy to help compile a list of such wins by trawling through some of the business account threads and adding any wins I come across to the list.

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you will do that PM I (or someone else will stickie it)

Would be happy to start one.

You may have to wait a little bit though, (due to time of year), but once i've got it mostly done I'll let you know.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

ATM, no, except for one or two which have very specific elements (eg limitatin issues).

The problem is that business accounts have never been subject to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 but have relied solely on penalty arguments. In the current test case, the judge has ruled that bank charges cannot be regarded as penalties and this has left business claims with no legal basis (although we are working on another tack which we believe does give a legal basis for business claims. It is not tested yet, though).

• 11 months later...
ATM, no, except for one or two which have very specific elements (eg limitatin issues).

The problem is that business accounts have never been subject to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 but have relied solely on penalty arguments. In the current test case, the judge has ruled that bank charges cannot be regarded as penalties and this has left business claims with no legal basis (although we are working on another tack which we believe does give a legal basis for business claims. It is not tested yet, though).

Steven

I note this post is about 1 year old - anything further to report re panalties argument in Business Accounts?

BD