'Payment, Thank You...'

sosumi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So the Application Form is is what they call the 'Application Credit Card Agreement'. The Terms and Conditions copy is what they call 'Barclaycard Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.'

I think that's a bit wrong! :)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

This is exactly what they sent me. They've had the arrogance to pass the alleged debt(s) on to some very threatening DCA's too even though I've complained to them.

Court action is pending apparently ... with this rubbish let them bring it on!

D

Thanks Alphageek and Delfi :)

Had much the same kind of response to the Mastercard CCA - except that the Application Form they sent was almost entirely black! Very weird!:confused:

Thanks Alphageek and Delfi :)

Had much the same kind of response to the Mastercard CCA - except that the Application Form they sent was almost entirely black! Very weird!:confused:

If you look at the vertical writing on the top left it looks like they are computer stored copies or microfilm. Therefor thet will not be able to produce the original in Court.

Thanks HAK and SF :) I can't quite believe where we are now, in comparison with this time last year. Back then everyone was being paid through Payplan and they were making us suffer. Now, out of 13 creditors only one has produced a valid CCA and we're pretty angry with them all.

- Understatement!! :D

We're going to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) the 2 Barclaycards and Co-op Visa, because the SAR responses we've had so far (to other creditors etc) have been real eye-openers :o

I don't know how they all got away with what they did. Thanks to CAG, we're getting our lives back. :-)

Hope this helps a bit further ...

B/C passed my account to 1st Credit (unlawfully) after a CCA failure ...I sent a strong letter to 1st Credit (thanks again ODC) and today had a response ... 1st Credit want a month for a CCA request that I didn't ask for ... B/C have already failed here anyway and it's an awful copied letter ... I didn't CCA them or ask them for this ... they're obviously overwhelmed and making mistakes.

Also I got a handwritten envelope from B/C today (same account) ... the contents were a with compliments slip and the usual application form without the required terms and illegible. No other content. No letter ... nothing.

This time however ... a vertical ID just like yours in the left upper margin ... in other words it's a microfiche copy too. No terms, near impossible to read and no original copy.

D

Thanks for that Delfi! :D

Hubby and I are determined to get our lives back this year - if the creditors can't produce CCAs - and frankly I think it's scandalous that they can't - then we're in a much better position to negotiate!

• 10 months later...

hiya sosumi

hello, just wondered how did you get on with this one from bcard, are you able to update us all pls, may be useful for me now that ive still not had my cca and i will be sending a dispute letter to them soon

ta muchly MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi Maz,

In August I had a letter from them (standard letter) in which they said they were about to make changes to my Barclaycard accounts.

I had been making voluntary payments up until that time, but noticed that they had started adding interest again.

I wrote to confront them about this. I also wrote requesting a full data subject access request. I know they received the letter - I have the proof of delivery. Last week I had two letters from them, enclosing poor microfiche copies of statements, and the covering letters said that although they didn't agree with the Information Commissioner about providing these, they'd do so as a gesture of goodwill.

A couple of days later they sent a giant brown envelope, with two giant printouts of transactions, all very nicely folded up and neatly presented... and on the top of both, like a little birthday cake decoration, were the two application forms above!

Will write more later, but my eyesight isn't great just now and am having huge migraines if I write too long.

hiya sosumi

many many thanks for your prompt reply, i find all this interesting,

ive had no responce to my cca request so today i think i will send the dispute letter chasing up and see what i get back, and i think will also sars them later in the month

i wonder if we get what you get and if so, then i guess unenforceable?

im [paying at the moment, wonder if we should just send a 1.00 goodwill gesture until we get the cca -)

i appreciate your feedback, again thanks maz;)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Okay, right...

blimey!!! (major edit!):mad:

That income was the combined total of my Disability Living Allowance and Severe Disablement Allowance.

I suffer from chronic recurrent depressive illness, and have been hospitalised on quite a few occasions since the late 1980s. I have had a shedload of treatments, but the medication I'm on works best.

I have lost years of my life with this illness - both in and out of hospital.

Edited by sosumi

Can I ask that the Barclaycard thread be merged here, with this one please? Thanks :)

Edited by sosumi

Looking through the statements I can see the money we've piled into paying these two accounts off, and yet nothing has worked. I'm missing quite a few statements. We've probably paid much more.

Some things take me time - I'm trying to tot up all the interest payments just now, but there we are.:confused:

Edited by sosumi

Please could a moderator merge this thread with my new one, as I think it will be better in the Debt Collection Industry forum? Thanks :)

Edited by sosumi
link no longer needed :)

Merged as requested.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

It's in their printout - copy application and terms and conditions sent...

Will find and scan it in shortly. Just having some dinner.:D

having problems with photobucket...

okay got it (sorry it's so big but hard to edit. I've put a black square box round the memo text):bcs78memo.jpg

Edited by sosumi

Regarding the letter received from BC in post 1)

date 17 January 2008

' ... ref. SECTION 78 of the Consumer Credit act 1974...

- A signed copy of your Application Credit card Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974...'

- not exactly what the memo says, is it?

So everything else - all of the letters, everything is and was outside the regulations of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Because it was never under the regulations.

This was the letter I had in August regarding both Barclaycard accounts.

Up until then I was still making monthly payments:

">scan0002.jpg

I wrote back saying that as they hadn't supplied agreements for either account, they had no right to make any kind of changes to the account. They'd also stopped my online access to the accounts and had started adding interest again. I requested (and paid for) my SAR. This last couple of weeks I've had a flurry of letters from them. Not one has addressed my question about that letter.

We came out of Payplan in June/July 2007, wrote and told everyone and continued making payments. Barclaycard wrote to me last week to say 'We've written to Payplan as we haven't received your last 2 payments'.:rolleyes: