Patiently waiting, but should I be doing something?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I could do with some general advice please. I'm some way down the road to reclaiming nearly 9k in bank charges, but everything came to a grinding halt in July 2007 when i received a letter from the Financial Ombudsman Service. The letter stated that "we have decided that we will await the outcome of the court proceedings and will not investigate bank charges at this time." All the papers were returned to me.

The last I heard from my bank, LloydsTSB, is that they were very sorry i was still unhappy, and offered a £750 refund. I responded immediately that unless this was a part payment for the charges owed, i wouldn't accept it. i've heard nothing more.

Like many others I'm sure, my concern is that some hefty bank charges from over six years ago are beginning to drop off, and my claim is actually getting smaller as each month passes.

Can someone suggest what i should be doing now? i should add that i have looked at all the criteria for a hardship case, and we don't really fit it, which I suppose I should be grateful for. I realise there are many people out there who are far worse off than I am. (We have a small business that is about to go under, but that doesn't seem to be relevant, in relation to the criteria for hardship cases.)

I just feel that everything, including the way the current financial crisis has been handled, seems to be falling in favour of the banks. As the owner of a small business whom the banks won't loan any money to anymore, I would like to redress the balance a bit.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Banksprey

• 9 months later...