ABBEY - I am scared!!

columbo2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

For years Abbey have been my main current account, although I always had other accounts with other banks.

Anyway I got into financial difficulties and ended up with a £2000 overdraft plus numerous charges. Abbey closed my account and their inhouse debt recovery started to pursue me. I made a few payments, then stopped paying altogether. I haven't heard from Debt Management & Recovery Services Ltd for almost a year, neither have Abbey contacted me.

I would like to start a claim against Abbey, as I am certain the charges Abbey have applied to my account will drastically cut the overdraft. I am a little scared that Abbey will start to demand I pay off the overdraft (which I cannot afford to in one go) or worse take me to court!!

I would be grateful if anyone could kindly offer some much needed advice and support!

Columbo

Hi

For years Abbey have been my main current account, although I always had other accounts with other banks.

Anyway I got into financial difficulties and ended up with a £2000 overdraft plus numerous charges. Abbey closed my account and their inhouse debt recovery started to pursue me. I made a few payments, then stopped paying altogether. I haven't heard from Debt Management & Recovery Services Ltd for almost a year, neither have Abbey contacted me.

I would like to start a claim against Abbey, as I am certain the charges Abbey have applied to my account will drastically cut the overdraft. I am a little scared that Abbey will start to demand I pay off the overdraft (which I cannot afford to in one go) or worse take me to court!!

I would be grateful if anyone could kindly offer some much needed advice and support!

Columbo

Hi,

Can anyone please help with the above query?

Thanks

Columbo

Hi Columbo,

The first thing you need to do is put in a Subject Access Request (S.A.R), this will cost you £10 however they will then be legally bound to send you all the information (statements etc) they hold on you. The letter is in the library. The next thing you need to do is have a look around and get an idea of what happens next. I can and will guide you as much as possible but the best thing to do is look at the Abbey forum and see what has happened to others. Most importantly as soon as you start the claim the account/debt is in dispute and under the terms of the current court waver they should no longer pursue you for it. You may find that when you add interest to your claim it is more than you owe them. If you need anything else please ask,

Woodwa5

Hi Columbo,

The first thing you need to do is put in a Subject Access Request (S.A.R), this will cost you £10 however they will then be legally bound to send you all the information (statements etc) they hold on you. The letter is in the library. The next thing you need to do is have a look around and get an idea of what happens next. I can and will guide you as much as possible but the best thing to do is look at the Abbey forum and see what has happened to others. Most importantly as soon as you start the claim the account/debt is in dispute and under the terms of the current court waver they should no longer pursue you for it. You may find that when you add interest to your claim it is more than you owe them. If you need anything else please ask,

Woodwa5

Hello W

Thanks for getting back to me and for your offer of help.

I have spent a few days reading all the relevant posts but I guess I needed further reassurance:):). That said, I wasn't aware that by starting my claim, Abbey cannot pursue me for the debt. That was my biggest worry.:smile:

I will be sending off an SAR come Monday via Special/recorded del. I will keep the forum updated with any progress.