First National/GE Money loan rcharges reclaim issued court claim ***WON***

scatz1972
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

OH had a HP agreement with first national through Powerhouse. First National are now owned by GE Money and I wanted to try to reclaim the late payment charges that were added to his account.

I sent a SAR and they replied with a list of charges and dates. So I followed the stages for reclaiming and sent a Prelim and schedule of charges asking for my money back. They never replied within the 14 days so yesterday I sent a LBA.

However, today I have a letter from GE in response to my Prelim...and it says that "the OFT's ruling did not include loan products, unfortuantely, the fees to which you refer are valid and will not be removed."

Are they spinning me a yarn ???

Hiya - I think they are trying it on. If you are claiming charges as excessive and not in relation to actual costs...etc., etc., thus being punitive and a penalty then it makes no difference what the product is, in my opinion. I think others will agree.

I have been trying to get my PPI refunded from GE formerly First National for a year now and they keep refusing - as soon as I have enough money I'm off to court with it. Good luck with yours:)

it was credit, it can be reclaimed!

also if they pull the string about the current stay on all claims to banks, it dont apply to them!

you will find yours was infact a credit [store card, just that first national, never issued a card.

dont foget to hit them with 8% int too!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Standard response from GE is to say that their charges are fair and valid - well what else would you expect.

The charges are clearly a penalty and as such should be refunded. As you have sent the LBA proceed to court.

The next letter you will probably receive from them is "As a gesture of goodwill, blah, blah, blah....here's your money".

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 5 weeks later...

Last thing am I right in thinking that I have to use the N1 form and physically go to my local court with the form and pennies, as all the MCOL ones are being stayed at the moment?

This is my first one that has got near a court, my other 2 coughed up at the LBA stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - this the address where GE are - the same address as former First National - you will find this info on Companies House web check service and note all their change of names dates, registered nbrs etc etc.

G E Money

53-61 College Road

Harrow

Middlesex

HA1 1FB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok had notice from the court that GE are going to defend all of the claim, they give Salans as their solictors...one slip of the finger on the keyboard and it could be satan!

Anyway should I be worried?? a few of the charges were past the 6 year mark?

Update

OH received a letter from the solicitors this morning as a GOGW blah blah and offer just £10 short of the claim (they say there not paying for the Subject Access Request)

Anyway attached is a draft consent order which they say I need to sign and then they will forward the money.

Is it okay to sign?

It also says the claimant shall keep confidential the terms of this order.

Update

OH received a letter from the solicitors this morning as a GOGW blah blah and offer just £10 short of the claim (they say there not paying for the Subject Access Request)

Anyway attached is a draft consent order which they say I need to sign and then they will forward the money.

Is it okay to sign?

It also says the claimant shall keep confidential the terms of this order.

Hi Ive had refunds of charges from HSBC, Capital One, Birmingham Midshires, and they all wanted a signature re confidentiality - that I did not supply as I had already discussed my case on the net AND there was no requirement made at the start of negotiations to maintain said Confidentiality - so I simply crossed out that bit and sent it back. You will therefore be signing to to say you accept this offer, in this amount, but do not agree to it being A full and final settlement or final claim ever, since none of know what is in the future. Hope this helps.:)

Hi yes, that will do. You can write a covering letter if you want saying that you accept sum of blah being agreed settlement of blah but unfortunately you are unable to comply with the confidentialy request due to the matter having been discussed on the internet already. Just dont bother to say anymore about the full and final settlement unless it is specific to this claim only rather then the entire company.

PS I assume this consent order is in fact just something theyve typed up and not being issued/settled in court is it?

Edited by iconoclash
added PS