Log Book Loan Court Case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, I am taking Log book loans to court on the following three points.

1. They never registered the bill of sale.

2. They changed the dates and document post signature without my consent( Illegal action)

3. Their charges include future interest which if the agreement is redeemed early isn't chargeable.

4. Their agreement states 6% interest per month but they were charging interest on a weekly bases that was more than the stated 6%.

I will keep the forum updated as to the results, I strongly advise every one to write to the high court and request official copies of the bill of sales, if they didn't register the billl of sale within 7 days it isn't valid.

Secondly, check all your signed agreements and make sure they are exactly what you signed on the day, if not they have been improperly executed.

If any one wish to add to this please feel free as the more information I get in regards to the points I mentioned the stronger my case.

What are you taking LBL to court for? How much do you want LBL to pay you?

1. I didnt know a BOS needed to be registered and with whom it should be registered with.

2. Inconsistent with Schedule 2 of Regulation 5(5) of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and Section 60/61 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

3. Ditto

4. Ditto

It looks like the lender/credit provider is not licensed for consumer credit. Call the Consumer Credit public register 020 7211 8608 and press 1 to search register. If licensed then file a complaint with credit licensing on their fitness to hold a credit license. Ask the creditor to pay you compensation for their failure to comply with the law in setting out credit agreements and fraudulently altering a contract to make an unlawful gain. Quickly file a claim in the small claims track if you get no positive reply.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply and every bill of sale that forms a part of the credit agreement must be registered with the Royal courts of Justice within 7 days of the agreement being made. Log book loans secure their loans against consumers vehicles. In order to reposses a car if the consumer defaults on the loan they are required to have a bill of sale registered with the Royal courts of justice before they can seize the car, and they must have a court order to do so.

Log book loans have failed in every area of the law with their agreements and their actions. They have overcharged for a loan I had with them as their interest stated 6% per month and they were charging over that per week. They never sent statements showing balance, payments, or interest which is required under the consumer credit act. I redeemed a loan early, and they never provided a redemption statement showing the settlement balance or accrued interest. They charged me for interest that would have accrued if the loan had matured.

To make matters worse they seized my car when I wasn't home and sold it, without a valid bill of sale.

these are offenses that I am taking them to court for and seeking compensation for the overpayments, breaches of the consumer credit act, and value of my car, this is a multi-track case as it is over the amount for small claims court.

I really thank you for the additional information in regards to the violation of the unfair terms in consumer contracts. If there are any other clauses, violations you can think of please don't hesitate to write me.

What are you taking LBL to court for? How much do you want LBL to pay you?

1. I didnt know a BOS needed to be registered and with whom it should be registered with.

2. Inconsistent with Schedule 2 of Regulation 5(5) of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and Section 60/61 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

3. Ditto

4. Ditto

It looks like the lender/credit provider is not licensed for consumer credit. Call the Consumer Credit public register 020 7211 8608 and press 1 to search register. If licensed then file a complaint with credit licensing on their fitness to hold a credit license. Ask the creditor to pay you compensation for their failure to comply with the law in setting out credit agreements and fraudulently altering a contract to make an unlawful gain. Quickly file a claim in the small claims track if you get no positive reply.

I am interested in taking Log Book to court, went to the CAB who wrote to logbook on my behalf, and tried to get the Financial Ombudsman to help, but Logbook are not under their control. How do you go about taking them to court? Are you doing it through a solicitor or through the small claims court? My bill of sale was registered 14 days after the agreement was signed, and I never received the full amount of the loan, as they took £281 as the first payment so didnt actually receive the whole amount I requested? I want any rights they have on the car removed so i can sell it. Please can anyone provide any info or help? Thanks. :)

Dear JuleP1

Please check my following assumptions, plenty of net sites to validate.

Irish and Scottish law does not recognise the LBL form of contract.

How can you sell something if you don’t take possession of it?

Northern Ireland has it’s own DVLA, based in Coleraine.

Which doesn’t come up on the English data base.

Transport car to Scotland or N.I.

If car registered in N.I. perhaps LBL can’t track it?

HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE SCREWED BY – LBL.

P.S. CAB taken LBL previously and won. Go there. They seem happy to help.