Hi Everyone / Comet Fridge Freezer problem

WTnny7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:( I purchased a Samsung Fridge Freezer from Comet in March 2006 and now the temperature on the fridge is not working and the freezer appears to be going the same way too, this occured after there were loud noises coming from the product which seemed to disappear when the fridge door was closed,

I have contacted Comet and told them that i am reserving my rights under the sale of goods act and was informed that i had to get an independant engineer out to confirm that the fridge freezer is broken.

first problem is i have tried to get ones in Glasgow and cant, does anyone know of someone i can contact and if i need to pay the engineer upfront before Comet give me some compensation towards the faulty product?

Comet have not said how much they will give me as i have had the product for just over 2 years,

The horrible thing is that after purchasing this product, we then purchased a new kitchen to fit and build around it and if we need to get a new one then i am left with a large space under and around my units, my wife is really upset. Take Care william

• 1 year later...
:( I purchased a Samsung Fridge Freezer from Comet in March 2006 and now the temperature on the fridge is not working and the freezer appears to be going the same way too, this occured after there were loud noises coming from the product which seemed to disappear when the fridge door was closed,

I have contacted Comet and told them that i am reserving my rights under the sale of goods act and was informed that i had to get an independant engineer out to confirm that the fridge freezer is broken.

first problem is i have tried to get ones in Glasgow and cant, does anyone know of someone i can contact and if i need to pay the engineer upfront before Comet give me some compensation towards the faulty product?

Comet have not said how much they will give me as i have had the product for just over 2 years,

The horrible thing is that after purchasing this product, we then purchased a new kitchen to fit and build around it and if we need to get a new one then i am left with a large space under and around my units, my wife is really upset. Take Care william

hello just wondering if there is any update on your situation with Comet as I am facing the same problem?

Hi WTnny7

Welcome to CAG

Try your local euronics centre, see if they can help, all so check the internet to see if it's an inherent problem with the product. Type the 'model number' - 'complaints'.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I sincerly hope it wasn't a Moben Kicthen...

Am having the same problem with my Samsung ( There must be something wrong with this Manufuturer )

This link may help i saw it on another post somewhere http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2006/mar/25/consumernews.howtocomplain

There are 10 kinds of people in the world:

Those who understand binary and those who don't.:rolleyes: