Faulty item received from wedodigital.co.uk

scatterheart
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all :)

Not sure if this is the right subforum as this is an online shop, but hoping somebody can offer some advice.

My mum bought a digital photo frame from wedodigital.co.uk last month, it's a christmas present for my grandad.

I've come down to visit and brought my memory sticks with photo's on and we got the frame out of the box for the first time on saturday to test it, but it's seriously faulty.

The screen is really off centre by about an inch, so there's a big black band down the right hand side and the menus when you bring them up are hard to decipher as the first few letters are off the left of the screen.

All images are covered in yellow, basically, anything that should be white or light coloured comes up as a big area of yellow pixels and doesn't remedy no matter how you alter the colour/tint/brightness/contrast settings.

There are dead/stuck pixels on the screen, and some marking like some sort of watermarking that is visible on all images.

To be honest, it's made by a brand I've never heard of, and the manual that came with it is shall we say, basic, and written in very dodgy english.

My mum has emailed the company asking for a refund and their reply is as follows:

" We would be happy to accept a return on the item for testing by our returns technician. The unit will be tested using a selection of JPEG images known to display without error when used with the sample units which we hold in stock. If the fault is confirmed, a replacement item will be sent. If the fault is not confirmed, the original item will be returned.

We offer a 7 day period for items to be returned to us for testing following receipt. Following this period, the item is covered by warranty. I can confirm that it is not possible to issue a refund following the length of time which has passed since the transaction took place.

To return the item to us for further testing, please complete the returns slip which was attached to the outside of the original parcel, using the following RMA code: ********.

The returns slip must be completed in full, including a description of the fault. Please be as descriptive as possible. This will help to speed up the processing time.

The item must be returned to us inside it's original box, with the packaging intact, and including all accessories.

Please return the item to the following address, obtaining a certificate of postage, enclosing the returns slip inside the parcel:

WeDoDigital Returns

c/o Intermail plc

FREEPOST RG453

Newbury

RG14 5ZZ

To confirm, the RMA code is "********"

Kind regards"

She's sent the frame back this morning by recorded delivery, at a cost of £11.

Now to be honest, I think she should just get a refund and buy from a known brand, but as you can see, they are not offering a refund.

Is she entitled to a refund, and as the item is so faulty, does she also have any right to request a refund of the £11 she has had to pay to return the frame to them?

Thank you for any advice :)

Im pretty sure someone will come along and confirm this but with distance selling laws as this is, you have a 14 day cooling off period in which to get a refund and from what you are advising they are offering what they are obliged to do. In most cases with these offers they are normally refubished items if it is outside 28 days

They are using part 5A of SoGA. YOU however are free to use the rest of it and reject the goods for failure to meet requirements under s. 14 (reasonable quality, durability etc etc) and get a full refund.

Also have a look at the box / packaging. Does it contain the CE mark? Does it have an address in the EU? If not then it should not have been sold.

Such poor quality could be typical of stuff from the far east, but it could also be a fake. Have a word with Consumer Direct.

Furthermore, if it was less than 7 days ago, simply tell them (in an email) that you are excercising your rights under the Distance Selling Regs and are returning it and expect a refund in no more than 30 days.