Penalty charge notice issued

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son, last night, received a PCN whilst he was parked in an NCP carpark.

He was not parked in the bay properly. He was about 12 inches over the white line onto the parking bay next to it. He arrived at the car park about 6.45 p.m. and the level he was on had approx 6 cars in it. They are saying the fine is £50 but if you pay within 14 days it will be only £25.

Is this enforcable or do they threaten with court action to make you pay but never actually go to court.

Buby X

Is it a council car park (being operated on their behalf by NCP) or is it a private run car park? The PCN will clearly show it is issued for a council and quote traffic regs that are being applied. If it is a completely private "invoice" (they can't issue official PCNs) then best place for it at the moment is in the bottom of a drawer and forget about it for now.

thats all there was the bit on the right was attached to the bit on the left but I seperated them so I could scan it.

Not sure what else you'd like to see

Buby X

Thank you

LOL The rest of it. It doesn't just say that does it!

If the back of that (legal document) is blank then it's certainly a winner but I suspect it might say a few things.

(Sorry, just fed up with the fact that about the last six i've checked have been all ok - very unusual)

-

Thank goodness I've done it

So what do you think

I don't think its right that there are no signs in the carpark about parking correctly or you'll recive a fine.

And there was only about six spaces being used at that time.

Buby x

Grrrrrrrrrr. These Councils are winding me up today! It's ok.

I had a brief issue where they talk about 'their agent' dealing with matters at the NtO stage but actually i think they can do that - not 100% sure. i'll look if i get time.

On signage - well it has to be clear and that's about it. Can't see you'd get anywhere saying you needed telling to park within a bay.

Never mind, you learnt a lot along the way. I'm an IT numpty too and the first time I got an image up i was ecstatic!

-