Paypal v me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was the work address the address on the paypal transaction?

Did paypal not ask for the special delivery number?

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi legalpickel

do you mean somthing like this, as i have never had to write a letter like this before , i havnt finished it yet !!!!

Account in dispute

Dear Sir / Madam

I am disputing this debt with you for the following reason’s

I sold an Item on Ebay in July 07

It was send to the address on EBay’s and Paypal’s delivery instructions

By special deliver tracing number ………. Signature acquired

3 month’s later received a chargeback …fraudulent transaction of credit card

Contacted buyer, he said it was Paypal’s mistake

Sent letter to yourselves with all evidence that you asked for

Sent a demand letter to buyer Nov 21st 07 recorded delivery

Cheque received from buyer 12th Dec 07 recorded delivery

Cheque not honoured twice

Contacted Police, crime number ………

Police informed me that Mr ……. & Mrs …….. were having marriage problems

And Mr ……… had left the marital home

Dept collection agency rang and sent demand letter,

Contact DCA explaining and sending all evidence again

DCA informed me that Paypal have still insist it is my debt

Edited by whiterose11

Hi legalpickel

do you mean somthing like this, as i have never had to write a letter like this before

Account in dispute

Dear Sir / Madam

I am disputing this debt with you for the following reason’s

I sold an Item on Ebay in July 07

It was send to the address on EBay’s and Paypal’s delivery instructions

By special deliver tracing number ………. Signature acquired

3 month’s later received a chargeback …fraudulent transaction of credit card

Contacted buyer, he said it was Paypal’s mistake

Sent letter to yourselves with all evidence that you asked for

Sent a demand letter to buyer Nov 21st 07 recorded delivery

Cheque received from buyer 12th Dec 07 recorded delivery

Cheque not honoured twice

Contacted Police, crime number ………

Police informed me that Mr ……. & Mrs …….. were having marriage problems

And Mr ……… had left the marital home

Dept collection agency rang and sent demand letter,

Contact DCA explaining and sending all evidence again

DCA informed me that Paypal have still insist it is my debt

whiterose: That is not a letter and would get no response and not be understood by Paypal or anybody else. The below is more like what I mean.

Fill in the gaps before you send it. Send it special delivery ONLY, not recorded delivery. I have put a '*' next to the Police bit, remove this and fill in which Police force - I don't know where in the country you are or which force you reported it to and this makes a difference, so fill that in as well.

The countdown then begins for 8 weeks. If you receive anything before then, then let us now and we'll deal with it then. If not, remind us in 8 weeks time and we go to preparing a complaint form to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

If you have any queries don't hesitate to ask.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal,

Whittaker House,

Whittaker Avenue,

Richmond,

Surrey,

TW9 1EH

18th November 2008

Dear Sirs,

I write as with regards to my Paypal account on the e-mail address .... . You are pursuing me for an alleged debt of £..:.. which I vigorously dispute.

Under OFT debt collection guidelines till this dispute is dealt with satisfactorily, you are not allowed to instruct any debt collection agencies. If you do, a copy of this letter will be sent to them advising them that a complaint will be filed with the Office of Fair Trading should they send me any further letters and that any further letters will be deemed to be harrassment.

On .../07/2007, I sold a .... to Mr. .... for the sum of £...:.... via eBay. He paid by Paypal with the transaction reference .... . I sent the product by Special Delivery to the address requested, where it was confirmed received on .../07/2007. The Royal Mail Special Delivery tracking reference is ..........GB. I attach a copy of this evidence.

On .../10/2007, you allegedly received a chargeback request from the owner of the credit card. The buyer stated that it was your mistake that resulted in this chargeback.

I have since been advised that the buyer had a domestic dispute with his wife, and his wife charged back all purchases he made through his credit card in the previous months. I found this out by contacting the ....* Police and received a crime number .....

Since then I have received numerous letters from Debt Collection Agencies on your behalf. It is my contention that the chargeback was illegal and you had no right to make this chargeback.

Despite providing the evidence that the product was sent to the correct address, you have still insisted that I owe you this money, which has involved causing me much worry, distress, aggravation and hassle with receiving threatening letters.

I am an honest law abiding citizen and pay bills that I genuinely owe on time but am not prepared to be defrauded by your bullying tactics.

I contend that the person that owes you the money is the wife of the buyer who did an illegal chargeback request to her credit card company. I further contend that your behaviour without investigating further was in breach of Principles 2 & 6 of the FSA Principles for Authorized Businesses [which also applies to businesses authorized under the 'Passport' scheme]:

- Principle 2: A firm must conduct its business with due skill, care and diligence.

- Principle 6: A firm must pay due regard to the interests of its customers and treat them fairly.

I therefore insist that within 8 weeks you;

1. Advise me that the debt is cancelled and that I do not owe you anything.

2. Provide sufficient monetary compensation to compensate me for the stress, aggravation, harrassment and financial suffering you have put me through.

I demand that this response be in writing within 8 weeks or I will be left with no choice but to file a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service.

I reiterate that this issue is now officially in dispute therefore there is no legal action that can be taken against me till this matter is resolved, if necessary through the Financial Ombudsman Service, and should any letters be received from yourselves or any agency or firm acting on your behalf, complaints will be made to the Office of Fair Trading and to my local Trading Standards department which could result in penalties against the offending companies and yourselves as the instructing company.

I look forward to receiving a satisfactory written response within 8 weeks that will resolve this issue for the mutual benefit of all involved.

Sincerely,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update .... i have received a email from Paypal

03/12/2008

Dear,

On behalf of PayPal’s Executive Escalations department, I can acknowledge

receipt of your letter dated the 20th November 2008.

Your complaint has been assigned to one of our Executive Escalations Senior

Agents, who will investigate your enquiry and issue a full and detailed

response as soon as possible. Please note all correspondence is dealt with

in the order it is received. In accordance with agreed guidelines, PayPal

has 4 weeks to reply. This timeframe may be extended to 8 weeks to

accommodate our investigation. However, should this occur, we will notify

you after 4 weeks and outline the investigation to date.

In the meantime, please feel free to contact our department directly

quoting your reference number …… at ppelce@paypal.co.uk if you have any

further questions or concerns.

Yours sincerely,

Executive Escalations

PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l.

et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandité par Actions. Registered Office: 22-24

Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg, RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

Just an update .... i have received a email from Paypal

03/12/2008

Dear,

On behalf of PayPal’s Executive Escalations department, I can acknowledge

receipt of your letter dated the 20th November 2008.

Your complaint has been assigned to one of our Executive Escalations Senior

Agents, who will investigate your enquiry and issue a full and detailed

response as soon as possible. Please note all correspondence is dealt with

in the order it is received. In accordance with agreed guidelines, PayPal

has 4 weeks to reply. This timeframe may be extended to 8 weeks to

accommodate our investigation. However, should this occur, we will notify

you after 4 weeks and outline the investigation to date.

In the meantime, please feel free to contact our department directly

quoting your reference number …… at ppelce@paypal.co.uk if you have any

further questions or concerns.

Yours sincerely,

Executive Escalations

PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l.

et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandité par Actions. Registered Office: 22-24

Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg, RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

Ignore all e-mails from Paypal. You demanded a written response. If possible set your e-mail to block e-mails from Paypal. If you don't receive a written response within 8 weeks from the date they received the letter by special delivery, then you take it to the FOS. Alternatively, if you receive a written not satisfactory response, you also take it to the FOS.

But ignore any e-mails. You demanded a written response, so e-mails should be ignored!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

Hi All

i tried to claim due to Paypal charge and got nowhere lost £390.00 goods signed for by customer himself but claims the handwriting is not his paypal refunded account left in neg to the sum of £390.00

My dad has now had his ebay and paypal closed becuse i live at the address and his own account was in credit and good feedback they have state unless fees are paid and the neg balance his account will stay closed

BLACK MAIL

Ebasy and Paypal RIP OFF EVERYONE

Hi All

i tried to claim due to Paypal charge and got nowhere lost £390.00 goods signed for by customer himself but claims the handwriting is not his paypal refunded account left in neg to the sum of £390.00

My dad has now had his ebay and paypal closed becuse i live at the address and his own account was in credit and good feedback they have state unless fees are paid and the neg balance his account will stay closed

BLACK MAIL

Ebasy and Paypal RIP OFF EVERYONE

I agree with your conclusions about eBay & Paypal, however it is possible to get the money back. If you start your own thread with details of what happened to you in more exact terms, then I can advise you how to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service after making a formal complaint to Paypal.

Ranting and raving to Paypal never gets anyone anywhere. Quite often letters don't too. The only process that has worked time and time again is by going through the formal complaints procedure and taking them to the FOS. It's worked in every case I know of - and that's a lot!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, just a update with my battel with Paypal, i have received a letter which i have posted below,

as you can see the outcome is not good, so what are my next steps

many thanks

Paypal

United Kingdom

3l December 2008

Dear

Thank you for your recent letter dated 20 November 2008. I have reviewed your PayPal

account and your recent enquiry to our offices; please allow me to offer further

explanation concerning your issue.

A review of your PayPal account registered under the email address shows that on 26

June 2007 you received a payment in the amount of £270.00 GBP from the PayPal

account of ~(transaction ID .

Subsequently, on 3 September 2007, PayPal received notification from Mr. Credit Card

Company that the payment was reported as unauthorised by the card holder PP At that

time, PayPal placed the transaction on temporary hold until the investigation was

completed and sent you an email to determine your eligibility under our Seller Protection

policy, and to allow us to dispute this chargeback on your behalf.

Please note that your customer's credit card issuing bank grants its members specific

consumer protections. Mr. chose to avail himself of those rights. These right are

guaranteed by the credit card issuer, as well as applicable laws, and as such we have no

authority to replace or reduce any customer's rights.

Please understand that PayPal is bound by the regulations set forth by the credit card

issuer, and does not control the outcome of a chargeback dispute. While PayPal will

dispute a chargeback on the seller's behalf, the credit card issuer makes the final decision

in a chargeback case. Unf~r~nately, PayPal were unsuccessful in our dispute with Mr.

credit card issuer. The Chargeback case has therefore bee closed in the favour of the

buyer.

As a result of this decision, on 28 August 2007 your account was debited in the amount of

£270.00 GBP in order to provide a refund to Mr. . You were also assessed a £7.00 GBP

chargeback fee against this payment. This fee is levied by the credit card issuer. This

action was taken in accordance with the terms of the PayPal User Agreement. I have

today however reversed the £7.00 GBP chargeback fee back to your PayPal account

balance.

paypal jan09 pt11.doc

paypal jan09 pt2.txt

Part 2

Unfortunately we were unable to reimburse you for the amount of the reversal, as the

transaction in question was not eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. Your transaction was

not covered by PayPal's Seller Protection Policy as it was listed as Seller Protection

Ineligible on the Transaction Details screen.

Please be assured that all actions taken in this case were completed in accordance Wit the

terms of the PayPal User Agreement to which you agreed when you created your PayPal

account on 17 November 2005. The sections of the User Agreement relevant your issue

are listed below and can be found by clicking on the "Legal Agreements" link at the

bottom of any PayPal page:

1.1 PayPal is only a Payment Service Provider. 4.6 Risk of Reversals, Chargebacks and

Claims 4.7. Chargebacks Process 11.3 Seller Protection Programme Qualification 13.17

Seller and Buyer Cooperation

Please be advised that this is our final response on this matter. However, should you have

any further questions or concerns you can contact me directly at

ppelce~paypal.co.uk. You might also like to note that if you are not satisfied with

oresponse, you can refer this matter to the UK Financial Ombudsman Service ("FOS"

within the next six months; see section 14.2 of our User Agreement. Or you can alsc refer

this matter in writing to our regulator at the following postal address:

Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) 110, Route d'Arlon L-2991

Luxembourg

Y^Qurs sincerely,

paypal jan09 pt2.doc

Hi all, just a update with my battel with Paypal, i have received a letter which i have posted below,

as you can see the outcome is not good, so what are my next steps

many thanks

No, the outcome is better than expected because they responded quickly. Was this by e-mail or letter? If e-mail ignore and wait for the letter to come, but if by letter, then excellent.

It means you can complain to the FOS now, rather than waiting another week or so to complain - i.e. till the 8 weeks are up - which would also mean that the FOS would delay even considering allocating the complaint for an additional 3 weeks when they send Paypal a letter giving them another chance to respond.

I'll try and help you draft the complaint form to the FOS, but first a few steps for you;

1. Download & install PrimoPDF for free from Free PDF Creator - Convert to PDF from Any File You Can Print - PrimoPDF. This will allow you to "print" documents into PDF format on your computer. I use it for forms like the PDF version of the FOS complaint form and court forms that can't be saved. So when the form is complete, you'll "print" it to PrimoPDF and hence have a complete copy in your computer.

2. Save to your computer the FOS complaint form from http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/form/complaint_form.pdf

3. Fill in the form as below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 1: Just your details.

Page 2: Business details:

Paypal

Whittaker House,

Whittaker Avenue,

Richmond,

Surrey,

TW9 1EH

Leave phone number blank

Page 2: Details of advisor or business who originally sold the product or service: Leave blank.

Page 2: The kind of product or service you're complaining about:

Online payment service

Page 2: Reference number:

E-mail address: then write
your
e-mail address

Complaint Ref.: write the reference on their response

Page 2: Please tell us what your complaint is about:

Please see the attached pages which detail the complaint and what I am seeking the Business to do to rectify the matter.

Page 3: Fill in the dates, if you don't have the exact ones then the month and year is good enough in the first 3 parts.

Page 3: Select 'Yes' for Has the business sent you its final response.

Page 3: In the next box put;

Please see the attached pages which detail the complaint and what I am seeking the Business to do to rectify the matter.

Page 3: For the next two questions tick the No boxes.

Page 3: In the next box again put;

Page 3: In the last box, I assume you should tick the No box. If not then tick the Yes box and give details of what you are asking the Financial Ombudsman Service to do to meet your accessibility needs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. "Print" the form. As you will have installed PrimoPDF, in the drop down box for printers, select PrimoPDF. Then when you've pressed print another box will show up, select the '...' button next to the filename and select a memorable location to save it to. Type in a filename like paypal-foscomplaint.pdf - don't forget to type '.pdf' at the end of the filename. Then select Save. Don't print the form to your printer yet, you can do that when we've finished everything else, and then you'll know the date to sign the form.

5. Once you've done all the above, draft in numbered format everything that has gone on, leaving stars where it includes confidential details and post it here. I will then proof that, ask questions if necessary, and put it into complaint format, for you to put in a Word document and print out with the form.

Don't worry, this is how things usually go with Paypal in my experience. I believe you should succeed. If you don't it will be the first time somebody I've advised on a Paypal issue has not at least had the amount that was debited refunded or debt cancelled.

many thanks legalpickel, = question = page 3 where is says see attatched papers which detail the complaint, can i use the complaint letter that you wrote for me or do i have to start again { god forbid } lol

Please read what I wrote.

Ignore what you have filled out on the form. We are going to work through the documents you are going to attach to the form. You are going to attach a copy of the letter, but this is not going to be the attachment that is going to explain the complaint for the FOS.

Let me clarify. Point 5 that I have asked you to do, will - after my modifications - result in the document that will be part of the complaint form.

The letter you have sent will be attached as evidence, but will not be the document referred to on Page 2 or twice on Page 3. The document referred to in these boxes is the document that will come out of the work that you will do in Point 5 of mine.

I trust I've clarified it enough.

Put everything in it.

I'll look through it tonight and try to work on the rest of what we need then.

Sorry, not had time tonight. Will work on it for you tomorrow afternoon and Saturday night. Hopefully we'll have everything ready to be sent off to the Financial Ombudsman Service on Monday.

no worries,,, just thank you for taking the time in helping me .

i have just remembered something else, dont no if it applies

i was accused at one time by a person at Intrum justitia of not answering the phone and also hanging up on them.

no worries,,, just thank you for taking the time in helping me .

No problem. I try where I can. I loathe Paypal as well!

i have just remembered something else, dont no if it applies

i was accused at one time by a person at Intrum justitia of not answering the phone and also hanging up on them.

Can be thrown in, but unlikely to make a difference.

Will be back Saturday night, hopefully.

Hi legalpickle

i dont want to seem pushy and i am gratefull for all your time and help ,,, but is everything ok with my fos letter

kindest regards

Sorry for the delay whiterose. I've been mad busy the past week with everything and everyone piling things on me that I haven't wanted to deal with. I haven't even had the time to more than glance at what you drafted. I'm going to try and work on it now and post back later today.

From your points I intend to draft the answers to the FOS questions in the form.

Further to my above message, a few questions:

1. (1) What was the item sold?

2. (2) On what date did you call Paypal?

3. (3) On what date did you send the item?

4. (4) Did you send the item by recorded delivery, special delivery or Parcelforce? 3 different services. In point 3 you say you sent it by Recorded Delivery, but in point 4 you say you received a tracking number from Parcelforce. You wouldn't have received a tracking number from Parcelforce if you sent the item by Recorded Delivery!

5. Also on what date was the item confirmed delivered?

6. Dates in September referred to in 6 & 7 if you have them please.

Other than that anything else you can add? The rest of the points seem Ok, so when you respond with those details I'll finish the points to be attached to the FOS complaint form.

I have a meeting in a few minutes (3:17pm) that shouldn't take more than 20 minutes, then another one around 5:30pm that shouldn't take more than half an hour, then another one for an hour or so at 8:30pm and another one at 10pm for about an hour, so will do my best to fit it in between all these meetings and the other hassle I have to deal with.