Redstne evicted us for being 4500 pounds in credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Bona....

I have no idea, I just know it has been listed before a circuit judge... I THINK it is the same judge as ordered the £7k to redstone..... Judge Tetlow, but i am not certain....

Although Redstone have been ringing me all morning ( well since about half 11ish) trying to get me to back off.... They started off by telling me I had no chance, so to avoid further costs etc, stop preceedings against them. The last phone call I had was offerering "Partial" settlement" If i stopped proceedings, :confused:

I did not let them get very far, because the person on the phone told me ehr name and that she was a case manager. I have a signed letter from someone of the same name with the title of a " Complaint Handler"...:confused:

So they were told when they have some one in authority to offer me what she was going to try to, to get that person to put it in writing.

They were not very happy with me about that.... so I have no idea about the actual details of it or what it entails, but it seems that Redstone are beginning to crumble....

Wouldn't that be great if they did....:):):):)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get my message ?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi guys major update for you.....

1...... Redstone rang to offer me "partial settlement" for the goods that were destroyed/disposed of.... which I refused, told em id see them in court....

2. ..... Some one claiming to be from redstone rang, after much argument and debate, she finally admitted to being an MD from Skipton Group.... Now why would they be ringin me? She advised "a most generous out of court settlement" they offered me £110k.... Told them politely I did not believe it was a most generous offer and would see them in court on Friday. Before that though I did ask them to put it writing as I want to know what the conditions of any settlement are....

3....... My solicitor has agreed to carry this case on as a TEST case, apparently he cannot charge for a test case and it will be entered into his file of never been done before cases. Although Hubby thinks it will make it into all the lawbooks..... we shall see....

4....... He believes the above offer is to prevent their name being dragged through the court, as this would in the end damage their credibility, and they need that to carry on making money....So believes it to be a token gesture rather than a most generous offer.

Any thoughts on this?

aaah... there you see is the snag....

Our house has been viewed 3times by the same family, so he is unsure if we can get the house itself back, although he is trying..... apparently if this family signs on the dotted line then legally the house is theirs and only their lender can hoof them out.....

but we will see what happens.......

Reet, just had a thought.... Brain aches now, but hey ho....

If they have to get funding and do.... But dont sign on the dotted line before the hearing, When I win the day at the hearing, do they have any recourse against me?

I am not sure, not completely ohfay with that side of things.... Ive heard of people getting gazumped, but thats it, never heard of the result of it.....

Any ideas? anywho, as for getting a stay on the selling, Redstone and their agents have not exactly had a good track record at adhering to court orders. Only defending our solicitor like, but would a court order even stop them.

Legally ( accordin to our sol) they cant sell anyway because of all the pending cases/hearings, but that doesnt seem to have stopped them.... I just think they are grabbing bar stewards who have kicked the wrong dos this time.....

Interesting !I think some of the info I have sent you may explain their attitude.And behaviour

If you can not be getting your property back I dont think what they are offering is anywhere near enough for all the stress etc you have been through. Its a bit late to be making these offers now dont you think?

But I do think you should read the info I have sent you as it may help you make up your mind what to do.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi guys major update for you.....

1...... Redstone rang to offer me "partial settlement" for the goods that were destroyed/disposed of.... which I refused, told em id see them in court....

2. ..... Some one claiming to be from redstone rang, after much argument and debate, she finally admitted to being an MD from Skipton Group.... Now why would they be ringin me? She advised "a most generous out of court settlement" they offered me £110k.... Told them politely I did not believe it was a most generous offer and would see them in court on Friday. Before that though I did ask them to put it writing as I want to know what the conditions of any settlement are....

3....... My solicitor has agreed to carry this case on as a TEST case, apparently he cannot charge for a test case and it will be entered into his file of never been done before cases. Although Hubby thinks it will make it into all the lawbooks..... we shall see....

4....... He believes the above offer is to prevent their name being dragged through the court, as this would in the end damage their credibility, and they need that to carry on making money....So believes it to be a token gesture rather than a most generous offer.

Any thoughts on this?

1) How much do you you think your house is worth now?

2) How much was it a "home" as well that you feel deprived of as a family

3) How much will it cost you to replace all your furniture new?

4) How much stress and worry has this caused you your partner and your children?

5) How much extra has it cost you for travelling around to actually see your children

6) How much have you paid in rent while you have been out of the property

7) How much of your mortgage is costs for all these court cases

8) how long is it going totake to actually unravel what your mortgage debt actually was?

9) /How much have you spent on medication for your stress?

All questions you should be asking yourself.

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I think that just throwing a figure in the air like that was not very professional of them - You should really be given a breakdown of what the property is worth less motgage etc plus furniture plus compensation.

But more than that do you want to see justice for others that may be treated in the same way???

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

how many pages jan?

Think I have finished sending info - explains a lot .

Let me know when you have read emails

thanks

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Look having been through the mill myself and having been in all the courts under the sun including the High Court I would say this How ever good you case is it can go pearshaped, you need to work out your lossess the house what ever it was worth minus the mortgage and the other things janus says add on something for damages and put it to them see what they come up with

Dontforget you will be charged all their costs at all the hearings and as we founfd out these add up they charged us £40,000 for costs over six weeks and 3 hearins in the High court we got a lot back but ist took us years

There is an amount and a time when even if you think its not enough when you would be better to take the money and put it all behind you

I understand all that every one says. At the moment I have no idea what the mortgage balance is, as they have told me that charges are still being added.

I have asked for a breakdown, and have been told this can take up to 10 working days to come thru.... so I am just waiting for it...

Also

I would point out that you will somehow have to "clear " your name in all respects. No doubt they will have ruined your credit record and what if you have problems obtaining a mortgage in the future?

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

September letter states outstanding balance as £67,500

Phone call on date of eviction was told it was £88,112.00

Phone call in november said £93,781.94, which was going to change as solicitors charges were going to be added.

end november asked again for breakdown/ redemption figure and was told that it would only be valid until the end of December as outisde agents fees are being added, interest charges on the agents fees, adn further litigation costs as I am litigating.

House is for Sale at the moment for £119,950.00. Was valued last year at £137,000.00

So have fun working that one out.

I would work on the basis as a starter of 137000 less 67000 =70000 as a start figure plus furniture plus compensation plus ALL costs for purchasing a new home which are considerable. Plus rent while you are looking etc etc.

I have just sent you a new email - hows the reading going?

Oh yes and how about the mtg arrangement fee you paid which I am sure you never would have parted with if you had realised what type of lending company Redstone realy are?

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

not sure who to go after on that one... The broker is no longer authorised to trade, under the FSA register anyway, I am sure redstone will give me some lame excuse... so dont have a clue....

Like I said I do have a letter from the broker saying Kensington and Redstone just share the same office building and their is no other link AT ALL to them......

I would add the amount you paid the broker to the amount of your claim against Redstone, along with all your other costs.

Like many people I have been watching your thread and just want to say you have my full support - and whatever help I can give you.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON