Cabot (again)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help please? I have looked through the fora here but nothing seems similar.

I keep getting phone calls from Cabot in relation to a Halifax account, an account I haven't held for nearly 10 years.

Cabot call me several times a day, despite saying I will only deal with them through the post.

Can anyone advise on the legal standing of debt, if indeed it is genuine, from so long ago? After reading in other places about Cabot I am not sure that they are genuine, and why has it taken so long for them to chase any money owed? Again something I am not sure is genuine as I closed the account.

Thanks

The Teacher

Someone will be along later with the correct templates.

But I guess the first letter would be a 'prove it', you can also send them the harassment letter, informing them not to phone you.

Or if you are absolutely sure it's 10 years old and you haven't acknowledged the debt or made any payments, send them the statute barred letter.

All letters, print name, don't sign and send Recorded as a minimum.

I had issues with Cabot who issued a Court Summons for circa. 8k, I knew I never had any debt to the companies they claimed. I defended, they didn't and it was stayed. Then I received notification from Crapbot they were closing their files!

Chancers, pure chancers.

You may have already found the template but if you haven't... then provided you have not contacted them, acknowledged them or paid them during the last 6 years then it should be statute barred. Send them letter M from here Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

Its up to them to prove its not statute barred.