Help with FirstPlus

kazm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Kaz, OK - statement for Q.27 affixed. You need to enter the claim number and your names at the top and then print it out. In the box at Q.27 of the form write "please see affixed sheet".

Also, on all the correspondence you have with FP write the claim number on the top left hand corner and Appendix 1 on the top right hand corner. Affix the statement and Appendices to the form. You will need to get a copy of it all before handing in to court - sometimes the court staff will do it for you, but you need one to refer to in court on Wednesday so it's best to get your own copy.

Any questions, just shout.

Ell-enn

Kazma Q.27.doc

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Oooops, sorry thought I'd changed it. Updated copy affixed

Kazma Q.27.doc

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn

Just got back from court.

The judge ordered us to pay the contractual amount - £440 (this is the amount we should have been paying if FirstPlus had reduced the amount in their last APR decrease. They wouldn't reduce it due to the arrears)

plus £50 per month off the arrears. No given time scale, just until they are paid so approx 6 1/2years.

Off the record he told us to go for misselling of the PPI as PPI is a worthless policy anyway - I already did this on Monday.

What he also told us and what I didn't know is that we even though FirstPlus rejected the Deed of Postponement we could have got the new mortgage provider to force the issue and they would have had to accept it. Wish I had known that a year ago. Maybe help other people in the same situation though.

Thanks for all your help, I can sleep a bit easier now

Kaz

I'm so glad for you - that's brilliant. Hope you can relax a bit now. Well done for being brave:) You got a good judge there - wish they were all the same.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Their representative wanted to speak to us beforehand but I had read on here not to speak and wait for the hearing in front of the judge.

I'm curious as to what they would have said but I think we got the upperhand.

He marched in and demanded possession in 28 days - that was it, no agrument, discussion or anything.

For anybody else in our situation I would definately make your appearance in court and put your case forward and definatly read up on everything beforehand so you are well prepared. Luckily I have a background in compliance so I'm not put off by rules and regulations.

Kaz

You're right Kazma - and it always makes a difference to go prepared with your facts rights and a good defence, the judge can see that you are serious about tackling the issue.