Dialaphone- no coverage, cancelling contract?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everyone, just wanted some advice. I had ordered a Nokia N95 from Dialaphone last week which I received very promptly. I had always previously been with O2 but the deal with Orange was so good I decided to take it. On receiving the phone, I opened it, sim card in and charged it however have virtually NO COVERAGE at all in my house which means I can't make or receive calls etc etc.

I have tried to contact them re- cancelling and have noticed it says you can cancel within 7 days (am still well within that limit) providing it is in an unused condition. Obviously my phone has been used, does this mean I'm stuck with a contract I can't use? Can't speak with anyone, now worried I'll be forking out money every month for something I can't use if they refuse to accept it back.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!!

Thank you, Trace :?

I would suggest that you are stuck with it. Firstly, it would be regarded as being up to you to ensure that network coverage is available. Secondly, once a service has started, you generally cannot cancel it unless it is provided for. You may have an argument in terms of the requirement for the phone to be "unused" - that goes against Distance selling regs. All the can do is ask that reasonable care be taken of the item but I think here you are on shallow ground.

The only other way I can see is to determine whether or not the seller has complied with the Distance selling regs - poviding all the required info within agreed timescales etc. If so you could cancel.