Car Insurance co "robs" mother of 4 of her car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The transcript of the tape has now arrived. This is what was said on the day policy was taken ( By the way Mrs Gonta gave her son authority to arrange the policy on her behalf.)

" On 8th Nov 2007 at 9.40 a call was received within the sales centre from Adam asking to begin the insurance policy. He explained Mrs Gonta will be cancelling her no claim bonus and transfering in to the policy they were looking to arrange with Performance Direct.

On 8th Nov 2007 at 10.15 the Sales Support Team call Adam. After the initial compliance script read by the staff member as required by our regulator the information held about you was discussed.

SSO: the vehicle hasn't been modified or altered n any way at all?

Adam: No

SSO: It is right hand drive?

Adam: Yes

SSO:And you are the registered owner and keeper?(usually the operataor would be speaking with the policyholder at this point as this is scripted question for the policyholder the operator appears to have realise her mistake)

Adam: Yes

SSO: Ah...sorry , so your mum is the registered owner and keeper?

Adam: Oh no. I'm gonna be just going to change the log book over.

SSO: You're going to be the registered keeper/owner?

Adam: No mum going to be the registered owner.

SSO: Oh yes, so your mum will be.

Adam: Yeah.

SSO: So.. so it's is going to be in her name now is it?

Adam. Yes it is, yeah.

SSO: Okee dokee."

Well this is it. They have insured his mum on the basis that he will change the V5 to her name. No time in which he had to carry this out was given and they were fully aware that at the time he was registered keeper.

Edited by hachette

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion counts for nothing, what matters is how the Ombudsman and your solicitor interpret what is said (that's hard to do from a transcript, since intonation is missing).

Added to this is the fact that we still do not know the crux of the problem, I still suspect it's registered keeper, but I'm basing that on my instincts.

But since you asked for my thoughts.......

Adam confirms that he was 'just going to' change the log book over which suggests he was going to be doing it straight away.

The broker re-confirms this by stating 'so the vehicle is going to be in her name now is it' to which Adam replies yes.

The broker proceeds on that basis, which is quite normal, ie that at the exact moment a proposal was completed the policyholder wasn't the registered keeper (see earlier posts explaining why that is so).

What does surprise me is that the broker is quite clearly accepting a proposal from someone other than the policyholder and proceeds on that basis. I don't see any asking of personal questions (ie age, no claims bonus, convictions etc etc ), so either not at the transcript is posted or something is missing somewhere.

I really would suggest that you allow your solicitors and the FOS to do their job and then post back with the outcome (I'm really curious to see how this is resolved)

Mossy

• 4 months later...

I just want to post an update on this case as we have now taken action against brokers. They acknowledged it and depite of the fact that they said they intend to defend all of our claim no defence has been filed. They time for defence has run out on 17/3/09. We have now entered a Judgment against them so it is looking good.

Brilliant hachette, i was certain you were in the right

Well done ;)

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

I was always wondering what their defence would be, it seems they had none. I am not a solicitor but I took it upon myself to stand up to these people and it looks that we have won. I post this for other people who are in this situation. Do not give up . IF we can do it you can.

Absolutely!

Well done, as you said if they'd had a defence they would've shown up

And you're welcome :)

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

• 5 weeks later...

Just to put an end to this story. Full payment has now been received (for the car and all car hire expenses).

It took 1 and 1/2 years but it was worth it.

Never give up guys . If you think you in the right,fight. :D.