Employee wants to spill dirt on employers policies - advice required

gyzmo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An acquaintance of mine has started a job recently working for a large mail order company.

S/he has sent me scans of the training material which contains information taht goes against Distance Selling Regs amongst others.

S/he wishes to remain anonymous, but is unhappy at what is contained in the material. As such, I have been asked to post the material AND to name the company.

What are the ramifications of this? The information is factual and I have no doubt that it is genuine. Will it leave the forum open to litigation? Also, as the employee is in the probation period, can s/he be sacked for doing this?

If it is genuine then it would probably be ok to post. If you want me to check it first you can email it to me.

adam@consumeractiongroup.co.uk

I assume many people have access to it and therefore your acquaintance cannot be identified?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I thought whistleblowing only covered areas of national security or health and safety - hat kind of thing?

S/he is also worried because s/he have been rather outspoken duing training apparently.

Thanks for the invitation barracad - as soon as I can I will get them to you - once the other person is satisfied taht is.

Gyzmo, not my area so don't quote me on it, but I am fairly sure that Whistleblowers are protected in any form of employment, private or public sector, providing what was being disclosed was in the public interest.

Mossy