Settled out of court v Barclays!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know its hot and people seem to be squabbling because of it but I would ask the op this following his comments. How far would you have gone without this site? It is first class, all done voluntarily by people with busy lives,jobs family giving up their spare time to help complete strangers, I know I dont have that sort of goodwill to all men specially if someone then turned round and kicked me in the teeth because everything wasnt quite as I thought it should be.

Having said that I do congratulate you its fantastic that you got back what was originally yours!

I hope I acheive the same results, I know I wouldnt if I hadnt come across this site.

Moan over

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am unsure what the argument is about.

The statute of limitations states you can go back 6 years. ...unless there has been a deliberate concealment of the truth that has stopped you from claiming earlier - in this case, the fact that the banks didn't tell you, and refuse to let you know what their actual costs are.

Therefore, as per the faq, if you want to try and go back for more than 6 years, then do so. Otherwise, don't.

If you would like to try and claim your charges as far back as you have ever paid them, you should try to do so.

It is likely that the banks would argue strongly against the application of s,32 (1)(b) of the Act.

I would say that is what happened - the bank objected, as predicted.

Would you mind mentioning which part of the step-by-step you consider to be incorrect, so that I can at the very least evaluate it and perhaps put it right?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Guest BlueRuby

I'm coming in a bit late to this thread, although I have read it right the way through. I just think it's very unfair to acknowledge the help of the forum in getting his money back and then slagging us off because he has had to work a bit for his help. Also hiding behind a new ID is cowardly and I'm with Bookworm on that one. You don't need to sign a confidentiality clause and now we can't follow his old thread to see if he's right. I'm happy he's got his money back but he should do the right thing and donate a decent amount.

I am really sorry that you did not find all of the answers you wanted here Dark Knight and feel so let down. This is new to all of us, most mods and site helpers included, and as far as possible we give the best help we can. However this is still quite a new concept and the FAQ's and step by step instructions give information on tried and tested methods of reclaiming bank charges. Some people are willing to put themselves out and try claiming back further, which is not guaranteed to work, which is where the "maybe" comes in. Maybe it will work and maybe it won't but some people are testing this, which is why we cannot offer a definitive answer. The advice is offered free of charge, but if you wish to pay for legal advice to clarify matters then that is your choice. A lot of us cannot afford this choice and so the forum is invaluable to us, which is why I personally choose to give up my limited time without payment to help others as I have been helped.

Obviously if you wish people to PM you and help them that is very kind of you. However, I would just like to offer a word of caution, in case what has worked for you does not work for someone else. There is always the danger that they could take action against you for bad advice which you gave in good faith. In addition, your advice will be limited to the people you help, where others may also be able to benefit from your experience, or add other good ideas.

It is a shame that you decided to comply with Barclays gagging order, but it is hard to standfast when there is the fear that the offer of your own money back is withdrawn. but everyone must do what is right for them. I would also like to thank you for your donation, despite feeling as you do. I cannot help but wonder how far you would have got without the help of this site. Sadly we can't please everyone all of the time. I am really pleased that you are going to stick around and help others, as many people just take the money and run.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

DK has given money to the site and is prepared to stick around to help others, which is another form of payment. It is only suggested a 5% donation but more importantly it is the help he can give to others.

I have been on here awhile with several claims going through and more to come.

What I do see is that new people join the site and seem to ask silly questions straight away, but I remember when I first joined it was quite difficult to navigate but I spent the time getting to know the site first before doing anything else. This is invaluable.

The mods and site helpers are great plus alot of regular users who offer their advice and it does create an excellent forum in which to claim back these unlawful charges.

DK has raised points about the level of help and it was just a thought but would it be possible to have a duty moderator/helper whos job was to check all posts for questions thus avoiding some slipping through. Whether the amount of posts would allow this? It is only a suggestion.

DK has raised points about the level of help and it was just a thought but would it be possible to have a duty moderator/helper whos job was to check all posts for questions thus avoiding some slipping through. Whether the amount of posts would allow this? It is only a suggestion.

It is a very good suggestion, and as it works out there is usually someone on the site, but this is pretty much what site helpers and mods do anyway. However most of us have jobs, families and other aspects of day to day life to deal with, so there are limits in the time that we can give. It was because the site has grown so much that site helpers were introduced a few weeks ago to spread the load.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Have decided to put in my 2 pence worth on this as it keeps coming up in the threads.

I too have had many of my questions unanswered. HOWEVER i have then spent more time looking for the answers in the threads. I have found the answers to most if not all of my posted questions (appologies for wasting space with these).

I also have to add that the only reason i know i can claim the charges back is due to this site being advertised on TV. Without the letters in the library i would have had NO IDEA what to write to the banks to get them back. It would be cool to know how far DK would have got without these resources. (not to mention the boost all the won claims give you as the banks try to put you off with all their bu!!sh!t)

In relation to DK giving less than the 5%, i have one claim for £240 the 5% comes to £12. If i could walk out the door and give £12 to a stranger to recoup £240 i would be out doing it untill i collapsed in the street.

Im also quite sure that a solicitor would have been happy to take this on and charge you hand over fist to do YOUR WORK for you. But this site is aimed at HELPING YOU recoup your (edit) cash, NOT doing it for you.

Since you have recieved all your money back, it seems to me that you have had all the info you needed (it just meant you had to do a little work for yourself)

DK do the right thing and donate the 5%

Moderated : Edited …please do not post anything that may be viewed as libelous , this is for the protection of the site.

Never fear - I is here!

Sorry for the late replies everyone.. I have been booking next years holiday thanks to my cash from barclays :D

Anywho- back to business...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, all due respect to everyone on here- but I will say again.

If you want people to donate.. dont make them search through thousands of posts to find answers to questions that need answering.

A simple post in a thread should suffice to do the trick- people dont have the time to dig through thousands of near identical cases to find a simple answer.

Its time consuming and its pointless.. and thats why I am offering to help people now personally.

Can I just add as well, that I've had a LOT of people personally tell me that they have had little help as well when they need it- I'm not naming names thats not the point- the point is.. the help should be there if needed.

Yes this site came in useful for a few pointers in the right direction I must admit, and the library section was very good- which I would be prepared to donate for.. however the service I received - especially being as how this site is advertised on TV- gets an average rating for me.

This site got me so far.. up till the claim part where I found the help none-existent when I needed it therefore I worked my ass off myself in settling this out of court because I negotiated with the bank to sort it more quicker than it was taking.

So in theory- this site has not really earned it 5% donation from me.

I will donate something though financially as it is a place where people can come to start off their claims- and also I can help personally as well if people need help with their claims.

I know its hot and people seem to be squabbling because of it but I would ask the op this following his comments. How far would you have gone without this site? It is first class, all done voluntarily by people with busy lives,jobs family giving up their spare time to help complete strangers, I know I dont have that sort of goodwill to all men specially if someone then turned round and kicked me in the teeth because everything wasnt quite as I thought it should be.

Having said that I do congratulate you its fantastic that you got back what was originally yours!

I hope I acheive the same results, I know I wouldnt if I hadnt come across this site.

Moan over

If I'm being honest- there is more than one site you can get this information from on the internet, this is the one I was recommended though.

The service was fine- up till my claim part, which to be honest is, one of the most daunting things I've ever come up against.. to be told that- and you can read the thread for yourselves- people are making mistakes and to be condescended to and treated like a stupid child... that annoyed me a lot quite frankly.. and one of the reasons why the site wont get a bigger donation from me.

There are ways in life to treat people- that is not one of them.

Especially, when they need help and advice.

Basically when I was doing the claim- which is the hard part- I was on my own and I am quite chuffed to say 'I sorted it myself as well'

I'm not kicking this site in the teeth- I'm pointing out flaws which need to be addressed- and I've had a lot of feedback from people confirming this as well.

Thanks again for the comments though :)

Keep up the fight!

I am unsure what the argument is about.

The statute of limitations states you can go back 6 years. ...unless there has been a deliberate concealment of the truth that has stopped you from claiming earlier - in this case, the fact that the banks didn't tell you, and refuse to let you know what their actual costs are.

Therefore, as per the faq, if you want to try and go back for more than 6 years, then do so. Otherwise, don't.

I would say that is what happened - the bank objected, as predicted.

Would you mind mentioning which part of the step-by-step you consider to be incorrect, so that I can at the very least evaluate it and perhaps put it right?

I'll adress this as well if I may-

I spoke to a solicitor from Foy & Co solicitors today while out on my travels.. they said point blank NOT to claim over 6 years.. due to the limitation act.

Thats come from a solicitor who has been working in that profession for over 20 years- I think I will go with their professional judgement on this matter :D

Barclays quite rightly picked it up in there defence- and I was right not to try claiming for the 12 years apparently.

So I urge people- just claim the 6 years- dont go higher.

So thats that out the way- the step by step.

The 6 years rule needs adding to it for starters and also there should be something about trying to settle the claim out of court if possible at the questionaire stage.

warning!.jpgWe have been advised that confidentiality is something that can be passed "down the line", so if we are seen to have allowed a user to openly discuss the outcome of a case that was subject to confidentiality, we could theorically be liable to action too. I must therefore remove every post where this has happened.

I am really sorry that you did not find all of the answers you wanted here Dark Knight and feel so let down. This is new to all of us, most mods and site helpers included, and as far as possible we give the best help we can. However this is still quite a new concept and the FAQ's and step by step instructions give information on tried and tested methods of reclaiming bank charges. Some people are willing to put themselves out and try claiming back further, which is not guaranteed to work, which is where the "maybe" comes in. Maybe it will work and maybe it won't but some people are testing this, which is why we cannot offer a definitive answer. The advice is offered free of charge, but if you wish to pay for legal advice to clarify matters then that is your choice. A lot of us cannot afford this choice and so the forum is invaluable to us, which is why I personally choose to give up my limited time without payment to help others as I have been helped.

Obviously if you wish people to PM you and help them that is very kind of you. However, I would just like to offer a word of caution, in case what has worked for you does not work for someone else. There is always the danger that they could take action against you for bad advice which you gave in good faith. In addition, your advice will be limited to the people you help, where others may also be able to benefit from your experience, or add other good ideas.

It is a shame that you decided to comply with Barclays gagging order, but it is hard to standfast when there is the fear that the offer of your own money back is withdrawn. but everyone must do what is right for them. I would also like to thank you for your donation, despite feeling as you do. I cannot help but wonder how far you would have got without the help of this site. Sadly we can't please everyone all of the time. I am really pleased that you are going to stick around and help others, as many people just take the money and run.

Thats another problem I have with this site.

MAYBE is not good enough when it comes to a legal dispute especially against a national bank.. you need yes or no, black and white answers- rather than a maybe that makes you look a fool in court.

Its a scary thing to make a claim against a bank as it is - without people not in the know dropping maybe's into the equation really.. and I would hate for people to lose in court because of this technicality as well.

I agree with everything else basically you said apart from the part that you urged against me helping people on a personal level- if people want someone to chat to if they are worried about going up against barclays then I am there to help those people out, also I've learnt that barclays will settle out of court during the time when defence has been filed and the questionaire has been issued.. so I also advise people to attempt to negotiate as well.. it could bring their cash back faster to them so its worth trying.

Who says I am complying with the gagging order :D

Now I've got my cash- confidentiality is out the window for me.

If barclays have a problem with that- let them have a word with me..

What are they going to do- sue me? :D:D

It is a very good suggestion, and as it works out there is usually someone on the site, but this is pretty much what site helpers and mods do anyway. However most of us have jobs, families and other aspects of day to day life to deal with, so there are limits in the time that we can give. It was because the site has grown so much that site helpers were introduced a few weeks ago to spread the load.

As you said yourself.. the current staff you have cannot possible help people on a 1-1 scale.. whereas I can help people with help if need be.

So I'd like to help this site.. I'm offering to help people at times when the current staff cant - I'm on here now as I type this at nearly 4am so I usually am around a lot longer than most people I find :D

People only have to ask me for help- I will help them out on a 1-1 basis.

what do you mean by 'quite a few are nervous about the banks ID'ing them from their threads (unneccessarily IMO). Not your fault....'

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

I give my limited time free to help strangers and take great offence to most of what has been posted by you .

There is a search facility , if you had unanswered questions maybe using that would of answered them .It is IMPOSSIBLE for us to answer every question posted and most have already been answered and would take very little time to find the answer yourself

We try our best to help as many people as possible.Thankfully the majority of users are not so ungreatful and realise we try our best whilst still dealing with our own full time jobs and familes .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I wasnt about to spend my time sifting through thousands of posts to find the answers to be honest- a lot of people dont have that much free time to do that.

Then I wasn't about to research any more legal books so that I can give answers to people who can't be bothered to read.

I have a family, 2 houses to run, one of which has just suffered a major disaster and needs a lot of time from me phoning insurance companies, plumbers, builder etc..., a full-time job, 2 cats, play in a band, and take my kids out swimming and the like.

I still made time to research the things I needed to know when I took my bank to court. It depends how prepared you want to be. Don't blame a site for your own misgivings. If you don't research enough to be prepared, then when you find yourself in an un-prepared position you really have no-one else to blame.

It's not like you had to sit there reading about contract law in library books, like I did is it? All the info you need is available to you at the click of a mouse and by using the search facility. Personally, I've never heard of such lazyness. Couldn't be bothered to search a searchable database for the answers you needed? Geez!

The answer to the 6 year rule is MAYBE. Maybe you can, read the mentioned thread in the FAQ and make your own mind up. Perhaps you should have gone to a site where they would charge you 20% of your money in return for doing everything for you and not given you the choice to make an informed decision as to wether or not you can chase money from over 6 years ago. They would just play safe and get the 6 years back.

This is a self-help site - not a do-it-all-for-you site.

All the information you need is on this site - it's your choice if you don't want to read it and make up your own mind.

What if you had gone to court? Would that have been the sites fault? Despite the fact that there is a distinct warning that what you are about to do could result in your going to court to prove that the charges are unlawful?

Supposing you went to MSE forums and posted about trying to find the cheapest mobile phone. You don't receive an answer immediately, and therefore you buy a phone that isn't perhaps the cheapest. You later discover that fact. Is it the MSE sites fault that you didn't get the cheapest? If you had searched the forums you may have found the cheaper one, but then if you haven't got the time to research it, then perhaps you shouldn't bother at all.

People are under no obligation to help ANYONE - no-one is paid, no-one is gaining from it, yet the vast majority of people on this site DO help others - that's what it's about.

I'm sorry you feel that you should take it out on the good people on this site.

Perhaps I shouldn't have started the site at all, and let you carry on getting charged by Barclays. Would that have made you happier?

Personally, I'm glad you got your money back. If only because I hate banks more than I do lazy people.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Just by using the search button:

The Limitation Act 1980 says that claims in contract which relate to breaches more than 6 years old are barred from recovery because too long a time has passed.

3. If you do not know the amount that they owe you over the past 6 years, then write to them asking for a comprehensive list of charges.

Can I ask why you are only claiming three years worth? Have you had the account for longer? You can claim back six years.

Now I've got my cash- confidentiality is out the window for me.

If barclays have a problem with that- let them have a word with me..

What are they going to do- sue me? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Yes, quite probably. If you agreed to confidentiality and allowed yourself to be bribed with your own cash, and then flouted the agreement - I would suggest that perhaps you are not the best person to be advising people on a 'personal level'.

What you are doing is a serious thing. Barclays could very well sue you - and the likelyhood is that they would win.

The banks flouted common law and look what it has got them? A complete distain from the general public. You are now doing the same - flouting common law.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

------------

------------

I'm going to add my opionion on this for what it is worth. The people helping on this site do so out of their own goodwill and as others have said they have families, lives and jobs aswell. The majority of answers to peoples questions have already been answered on the forums you just need to do a bit of work to get the answers. If you want a 1 to 1 with someone who will do all the work for you then pay one of the rip off sites that charge you 33% of your money awarded. So many people can't even be bothered to read the FAQ's which take you through most of it despite been told a thousand times to read it first.

Isherwood v Barclays £1155

1st letter sent 3/6/2006

Offer of £465 rejected 1/7/2006

LBA sent 10/07/2006

bogoff REPLY SENT 12/07/2006

MCOL COURT ACTION 17/7/2006

ACKNOWLEDGED 28/7/2006

DEFENCE ISSUED 17/8/2006

Defence and AQ received 23/8/2006

AQ delivered by hand to the County Court 24/8/2006

Court Date received on 26th Sept for 18th January

Documents Sent to Barclays and Courts 12th Oct

2ND JAN SETTLED IN FULL

MBNA request for £67 refund sent 17/7/2006

Halifax - Your next :eek:

First of all Congratulations--I've been following this thread and hope it is ok to now post even if a little late.

This is a volunteer based site and personally I appreciate all they have done -- I can personally understand how hard it must be to answer all posts with a site so large and growing on a daily basis

Rather than act in such a way -- going off and helping people on your own----as you know the site is stretched------so why not offer to be a site helper --- instead of putting the site down --- I'm sure we could all do with the help of your experience -- maybe then you will be able to understand the huge task the moderators/helpers have ......

Oh, and while your posting such comments---just think the valuable time of the helpers is being wasted when they could answering posts from people who need their help----

OOOh heres a thought maybe someone had started a thread a bit like yours when you were desperate for help and they had to spend there time answering that thread??????

Don't get me wrong I'm made up you've received your money----but you could help rather than criticise

Shell 80)

Dear Dark Knight,

Could I please have your email address, in case I need any pointers/advice as I go through this process?

I'm only in the early stages (waiting for my statements from Barclays), but I'll probably come unstuck later on, so any help would be appreciated.

That is not to say that this site hasn't helped, it has very much, I just need to make sure there is extra help if I need it,

Thankyou,

Sarah.

I give my limited time free to help strangers and take great offence to most of what has been posted by you .

There is a search facility , if you had unanswered questions maybe using that would of answered them .It is IMPOSSIBLE for us to answer every question posted and most have already been answered and would take very little time to find the answer yourself

We try our best to help as many people as possible.Thankfully the majority of users are not so ungreatful and realise we try our best whilst still dealing with our own full time jobs and familes .

I have not set out with this thread to slag off this site and its members, but it seems a lot of people are taking what I've said very personal indeed.

You should be thanked and quite rightly so for helping people out on here, and I have no issue with that.

The gripes I have with this site in particular is the fact that no-one yet it seems has questioned why we should all pay 5% of our winnings when this site has done none of the donkey work except provide a few letters and apparently you have to search high and low to get the simplest of answers- so once again, I question the reasoning why I should give this site 5% of my winnings, which equals out to about £200 of my winnings to this site when I've had to beg for help for answers that I couldnt find using search, I've had to read a thread from admin saying too many people making mistakes hehe, and also I've had to fight the worst part of the claim myself- all in all, this site does not deserve my £200 because you have not given me enough to justify giving you that amount.

I am not being ungrateful at all- however I wont be peer pressured either into giving this site £200 just out of the goodness of my heart, because in reality you've not justified getting a donation of that size.

Then I wasn't about to research any more legal books so that I can give answers to people who can't be bothered to read.

I have a family, 2 houses to run, one of which has just suffered a major disaster and needs a lot of time from me phoning insurance companies, plumbers, builder etc..., a full-time job, 2 cats, play in a band, and take my kids out swimming and the like.

I still made time to research the things I needed to know when I took my bank to court. It depends how prepared you want to be. Don't blame a site for your own misgivings. If you don't research enough to be prepared, then when you find yourself in an un-prepared position you really have no-one else to blame.

It's not like you had to sit there reading about contract law in library books, like I did is it? All the info you need is available to you at the click of a mouse and by using the search facility. Personally, I've never heard of such lazyness. Couldn't be bothered to search a searchable database for the answers you needed? Geez!

The answer to the 6 year rule is MAYBE. Maybe you can, read the mentioned thread in the FAQ and make your own mind up. Perhaps you should have gone to a site where they would charge you 20% of your money in return for doing everything for you and not given you the choice to make an informed decision as to wether or not you can chase money from over 6 years ago. They would just play safe and get the 6 years back.

This is a self-help site - not a do-it-all-for-you site.

All the information you need is on this site - it's your choice if you don't want to read it and make up your own mind.

What if you had gone to court? Would that have been the sites fault? Despite the fact that there is a distinct warning that what you are about to do could result in your going to court to prove that the charges are unlawful?

Supposing you went to MSE forums and posted about trying to find the cheapest mobile phone. You don't receive an answer immediately, and therefore you buy a phone that isn't perhaps the cheapest. You later discover that fact. Is it the MSE sites fault that you didn't get the cheapest? If you had searched the forums you may have found the cheaper one, but then if you haven't got the time to research it, then perhaps you shouldn't bother at all.

People are under no obligation to help ANYONE - no-one is paid, no-one is gaining from it, yet the vast majority of people on this site DO help others - that's what it's about.

I'm sorry you feel that you should take it out on the good people on this site.

Perhaps I shouldn't have started the site at all, and let you carry on getting charged by Barclays. Would that have made you happier?

Personally, I'm glad you got your money back. If only because I hate banks more than I do lazy people.

I found this post quite interesting.

You seem to think that because I have to hit search and do my own digging that this site should get £200 because you gave me all the answers??

I find this quite incredible on here where people have to do their own work and yet still are expected to pay to this site.

The answer as I've already said to the 6 years rule is a negative.

Thats come from a decent solicitor not from some book mate- are you a solicitor, no you are not.. hence the reason why I'm not accepting MAYBE's from this site.

Maybe will not stop barclays using that in court to ridicule people which I myself, dont want to see happen.

It will come to a point, where a maybe will end up costing someone in court, who will they then blame- this site.

Maybe's again dont win court battles- black and white facts from people in the know do.

I'm glad you started this site really I am- and I'm sure you have made a lot of money from donations as well.. so what I would like to know- how much money have you made from people, and where does the donation money go to.

Again, no disrespect to you or your staff. :D

Just by using the search button:

Because I should have to do all my own work shouldnt I and end up paying you £200 for the priviliege to do so :rolleyes:

Good god, I find it quite incredible I really do.

Yes, quite probably. If you agreed to confidentiality and allowed yourself to be bribed with your own cash, and then flouted the agreement

Facts- from a solicitor

1. For starters I didnt sign a standard legal form, its a sheet of paper with a line saying please sign this to get your cash back.

*Newsflash* That wont stand up in court because its not a legal document.

2. What would barclays sue me for?

Speaking the truth- Hmmm because that would stand up in court wouldnt it.

*Newsflash 2* Barclays wont do that, because they would draw undue attention against them if they did try it.

What you are doing is a serious thing. Barclays could very well sue you - and the likelyhood is that they would win.

Again- coming from a legal source- they wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

Ask a solicitor first before coming out with that claim please.

Its another 'MAYBE' comment.

The banks flouted common law and look what it has got them? A complete distain from the general public. You are now doing the same - flouting common law.

Banks are greedy rip of merchants, who deserved to be punished by people like me who they have ripped off.. now I've beaten one, do you really think I am not going to let other people know how to do the same.

This comment made me smile so thankyou for this:

I would suggest that perhaps you are not the best person to be advising people on a 'personal level'

Thats interesting you should mention that to be honest, because I think I am EXACTLY the kind of person to be advising on a personal level, because and correct me if I'm wrong dear peeps- I have seen one person come onto the barclays section and say they have won- the rest of them I think bar that one person I've seen have signed and taken the cash.. and ran with it without helping other people.

They have not once come back on here and tried to help others like I have been doing over the past couple of days and the best you can come back with is 'oh your breaking your confidentiality agreement'

Incredible- really truly incredible..

So, you can moan and whine as much as you like- fact remains, I am here to help people with their claims against barclays- on a personal level as well, which your team dont seem to want to do.. so does that make me more helpful than them?

I think possibly it might- because I have gone for a 1 on 1 basis with people- without asking anything from anyone for my time in doing so.

I do this because I actually care for people - not for a donation or any other reward- and it makes me happy that I can help others claim back what is rightfully theirs.

I do this because I want people to win in court and I give them cold hard facts - not maybe's and if's!

So again- if people want any help with their claims- PM me.

I'm glad to help.

As for the 6 year rule, your solicitor was quite right in pointing out that the Statute of Limitations is in place. However what we are saying is that it may be possible to work around that.

With respect, if you had approached the same solicitor 12 months ago and asked him if you could take your bank to court to claim back all the charges they've charged you over the past 6 years, he probably would have said no. But you now have the money back. If he'd have said maybe then I guess from what you've been saying you wouldn't have tried. However, you now have your charges back in full. This is why it is not as simple as saying yes or no with regards to the 6 year limit.

The gripes I have with this site in particular is the fact that no-one yet it seems has questioned why we should all pay 5% of our winnings when this site has done none of the donkey work except provide a few letters and apparently you have to search high and low to get the simplest of answers- so once again, I question the reasoning why I should give this site 5% of my winnings, which equals out to about £200 of my winnings to this site when I've had to beg for help for answers that I couldnt find using search, I've had to read a thread from admin saying too many people making mistakes hehe, and also I've had to fight the worst part of the claim myself- all in all, this site does not deserve my £200 because you have not given me enough to justify giving you that amount.

I am not being ungrateful at all- however I wont be peer pressured either into giving this site £200 just out of the goodness of my heart, because in reality you've not justified getting a donation of that size.

We ask for a 5% donation because firstly, if not for this site then most people wouldn't have known about reclaiming charges. Therefore they would have been without any of that money - so if they now have that money because of this site then they should be able to donate 5%. Secondly this site has ongoing running costs and put simply, if donations stop the site will have to close, and then other people will not be able to claim back their charges as you have done. Finally, the site is being constantly updated, as well as the ongoing help and support we try to give to as many people as is physically possible - it's not just a case of providing a few letters and then just leaving the site as it is.

Having said that, donations are voluntary and, of course, completely confidential. Therefore you should not feel bullied into making a 5% donation, and you certainly don't have to justify any donation you do or don't make regardless of what others are saying.

If you donate the 5% it would mean a lot to us, but it is entirely your choice. At the end of the day it is your money.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks