Amex taking me to court - any advice - *** WON ***

Pandora_nini
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi PN,

Let's hope they've made a silly error here.

I'd send them copies of their letter and of the court's judgement, tell them to ensure their records are updated and to not bother you with this again.

Tell them you'll lodge a formal complaint with the FOS and you'll seek compensation if they trouble you again.

Hi Slick, yes let's hope so, I shall be sending them a copy and and will also warn of an impending complaint should they trouble me again....

I'll send it off on Monday, and will post up any response from them when I get it.

Has anyone else had this nonsense from them?

Thanks

Pandora

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

PN Sorry its a bit late but only just read the thread...very well done !!

By the way does the Amex entry on your credit file still exist or did they remove it? Assuming the entry still exists, apart from the removal of the default did they also reset the late payment history to 00000's Just interested to know?

Hi, yes the judge ordered them to remove the default, when I checked my credit files there was no entry at all for Amex - it is as if I never had any association with them.

After winning the case, and eventually getting my charges back (in addition to wiping out the balance and removing the entries with the CRAs), I started getting letters from Amex and then from another DCA demanding payment of the balance that they had "wiped" out. I sent a very strong letter, quoting the details of the judgement and advising that I would sue for harrassment if I heard from them again - I have not heard from them since, but knowing Amex, I expect they will try again, if only because they are utterly inefficient.:rolleyes:

Good luck with your case, if you would like any more info, then let me know.

Regards

Pandora

• 2 months later...