1st Credit Again!! This time through Scotcall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi strange thing happened today and maybe I am becoming paraniod but all will be explained . I received the following document from Scotcall(who?). Now I have been playing tennis with 1st Credit for ages but all had went quiet. To see my journey please visit my previous thread.

1st Credit/Lloyds who are they!

Anyway as I said all had went quiet UNTIL I came back onto CAG last week,due to a problem my son has been having with BOS. Coincidence or not it does feel weird. Am I being watched?!

But back to the important points. What next

1. Well once again I will send a letter to Scotcall explaining that this debt is indispute and they are in breach of the regulations.

It does feel like that 1st credit will not give up and just keep selling this on in the hope I might not notice and pay a disputed debt!!!

Maybe it is time to just bite the bullet and take 1st Credit to court for harrassment.

Any advice appreciated. I have removed all information regarding the account from this document.

Anybody had dealings with Scotcall?

Scotcall.jpg

Add this to the letter somewhere too....

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Thanks for the advice, I had heard about the doorstep letter but couldn't track it down. Thanks for that 42man and Mr Ton maybe we will wait together..fingers crossed.

Thanks again guys.

I am going to email them as I read about Adamski emailing them and it seemed to do the trick. Will let you know how it goes.

1st crud & snotcall both graduted from the same school of uselessness as each other.

Assuming that they have to travel x hundred miles to visit you, they are at a loss already given the cost to them involved before hand.

They'd be told to just go away anyway, so is it really worth a "field agents" time & cost to visit anyone.

Even more annoying to them...all that distance, they get there & no answer :D

Ok here is what I have emailed to Scotcall.

Further to your letter received on the 8th Oct 2008 regarding the above account. As you are aware, since you are now the owner, this account is in dispute. And you seem to be in breach of the regulations.

I’m sure this must be an oversight, so I will ask you as the new owner of this account for the proper documents. I have attached the relevant letter sent to 1st Credit for your information please see below.

Y

1st Credit Limited 16/1/2008

The Omnibus Building

Lesbourne Road

Reigate

Surrey

RH2 7JP

I dispute this debt

Dear Sir/Madam

Further to your letter dated 24/12/2007 and from your Solicitors LSC dated 7/1/2008.

Please be advised that this debt is still in dispute and would suggest you refer to your file relating to the above account.

Please also answer the following questions.

1. When did Lloyds assign this debt to you and when did you inform me.
  2. When will I receive the information requested on the 6th of April 2007 & again on the 25th May 2007.

Furthermore, you should remember that a creditor is not permitted to take any action against an account whilst it remains in dispute. The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and therefore the following applies:

• You may not demand any payment on this account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.You have and so are in breach of the regulations
  • You may not add any further interest or charges to this account. Please inform me if you have?

· You may not pass this account to any third party. You have so once again you are in breach of the regulations

• You may not register any further information in respect of this account with any of the credit reference agencies. Please inform me if you have.
  • You must remove any default notices you have placed on my credit file.

Under the terms of the above Act, a creditor has 12 working days to provide the requested document. Should they fail to do this, they have a further calendar month to rectify this default. Failure to comply within these timescales is a criminal offence.

Both of these deadlines have now passed and I have received nothing in relation to my request apart from being pursued by your company for payment.

I look forward to your final decision on this complaint by 23rd Jan 2008.

Yours faithfully

emailed them again with your quote 42man.

Now to sit back and wait on their reply.

Oh how good it feels to be proactive nowadays..when I used to hide behind the door and cry myself to sleep with worry.......love it. Thank you CAG

There is another option....if you know a friendly copper, get them to call Scotcall to ask when they would be arriving as they (the police) would like to be in attendance....

Not worth the hastle...as they've no intention of turning up anyway :)