Disabled Access at Stayions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Travelled to London last weekend by train. Got off at Ealing Broadway, but there was NO access for disabled people.

I have mobility problems, and walk with a stick. Stairs are a problem, ramps impossible. When I got to Ealing B. the only exit was the stairs. Asked for help, but told there were no escalators or lifts, and that wheel-chair users had been carried. Also told that one option was for them to send me to Paddington Station & could catch a taxi from there!

In the end I managed the stairs very slowly, staff carried my rucksack for me. Certainly no problem with the staff - they were more than willing to help, but what's the point of extra space for wheelchair users on trains when they can't even exit the staion?

What's the impact of the DDA on transport companies?

Cheers

Mage

The modes of transport are not yet regulated by the DDA, however stations etc. are.

The station operator should have offered to meet the costs of travelling via Paddington, including the taxi.

SV

If I've been helpful, please add to my rep. :)