Argos and their backup

chajun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In late October 2007 we bought a Bush 32 " W/Screen Tv Set. It has after these many months whilst still under warranty developed a fault ie it starts up then promptly goes back to standby. We took it back to Argostoday with all the packaging who were totally disinterested. Saying only that it would have to be repaired giving us a phone number for an organisation who could repair it. No mention of them calling for us. We rang the repairers who said that some one would call from their techn ical dept but no idea when.

According to another website this particular model has had this fault reported before. When we showed the item from th website they virtuly just said "so what".

Anybody have any idea for a course of action to get it replaced?

Thanks

You arent entitled to a replacment at this stage, but Argos do have a responsibility within the warranty period to organise the repair on your behalf. That said, this is already past that point now - probably not a lot to be gained by now cancelling any technical arrangements with the repair agent to go back to Argos, but up to you.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

According to another website this particular model has had this fault reported before Maybe a call back was required.

Be interested to know just what you were/ did at Argos. perhaps fender off of customer complaints.

I was the customer service in store. However, please dont try to imply that is biasing my advice. My advice is in line with SOGA, and also that which others advise on here. After nearly a year, you have no LEGAL entitlement to a replacement.

Also, bear in mind I havent worked for Argos for over 4 years, and certainly owe them nothing, so I am not "defending" them - as I say, they have acted inappropriately here, but the outcome will be much the same.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

rather strange as when we were in store "The Manager" stated that if the unit due to a design problem or whatever was found not to be repairable a refund or replacement would be given. This sounds in contradiction to your latest reply?

"you have no LEGAL entitlement to a replacement."

"but the outcome will be much the same"

Not at all.

I said that at this stage, you have no legal entitlement to a replacement. ARgos are entitled to have the unit repaired. If they CANNOT repair it, THEN they must either replace or refund the unit(provided it is not user damage, which is obviously unlikely in this case - but be aware that it will obviously be checked for user damage).

In any event, what the manager offers you and what the law states are two totally different things - Argos can, at their discretion, offer you over and above what the law requires they offer you.

This should be clarified a bit.

Argos have the right to decide whether to repair the TV or replace it - like for like - however if they repair it they must have it repaired within a reasonable period of time [normally 28 days or so] otherwise the customer can demand a replacement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

So meanwhile back the ranch we sit and stare at the four walls whilst Argos differ about when they might come and repair it. Also the fault has been noticed on quite a few of these units on other forums.

So meanwhile back the ranch we sit and stare at the four walls whilst Argos differ about when they might come and repair it. Also the fault has been noticed on quite a few of these units on other forums.

You've got to advise them in writing that they have 28 days to repair it or you demand a replacement within 7 days.

I don't think 28 days is that long to have to wait.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

If your tv is still under the warranty then you should have the insurance company number in the policy the sent you. Ring that number and ask for a claim number and ask them to sort out the repair. They are really helpfull at the insurance company.

It should be insured with aliancecornhill (or something similar) and the number is 08706087201. Have your order details with you.

Can I just say something to the OP here, this is my one and only comment on this thread, I will not be returning so cannot be drawn in on an argument.

This website is all about people helping each other. You came on here asking for advise, the people who have answered this post and your other comments on other threads have had nothing but sour grapes thrown back at them. If you are angry, which would be rightly so with your known fault on your TV set, then surely it is Argos you should be directing this attitude towards and not the people on here, they are only telling you what is stated in law. If you don't like that then write to your MP!

I have no doubt now that you will throw your toys out of your pram, but as I stated before, I will not be returning to this thread so you can rant all you like.

FL - Don't worry, it is not an argument I am trying to start, I just thought it needed saying.

• Haha 2

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin: