Credit Reference Agency records

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help, I am trying to get some settled accounts cleared from my credit file and have been told that all information is held for 6 years after the settlement date. Is this a legal requirement that the CRA's need to abide by and where is it stated that they as CRA's who collate information and not actually give credit must keep records for 6 years. I have heard that it is standard practice and there is no legal requirement for them to do this.

If it is a legal requirement then ok but if it is just standard practice then surely I can have the information on settled accounts removed whenever I want.

I have just closed my Capital One account and asked them to remove all traces of the account from the CRA's and they agreed to do this. Once the account is closed they have no right to continue to hold information about the account on file.

When you sign the acceptance of terms and conditions for the credit card you agree to let them record information about the running of the account with credit reference agencies. When the account is closed then that authority is rescinded.

Hi, I have just got off the phone with OUSBA, the OU credit facility, I was informed that my dd didnt go through with my bank at the begining of 2007 (well, sept) and i started my course. I got one letter saying it was behind, I agreed to pay £100 a month to clear this and was told the account would be active, having just tried to enrol on a course, the account is closed, and a default has been put on my file even though the account is clear..all notes and details of calls ets have been lost..strange eh! The woman knew it all as she was doing her law degree..how I laughed..lol, anyway, how can i go about getting the default cleared and they also have ccj's me a few years ago for an account that has also been cleared..have a bee in me bonnet! All future courses now will be paind in full prior to starting them, ousba, wot a joke...

• 3 weeks later...
I have just closed my Capital One account and asked them to remove all traces of the account from the CRA's and they agreed to do this. Once the account is closed they have no right to continue to hold information about the account on file.

When you sign the acceptance of terms and conditions for the credit card you agree to let them record information about the running of the account with credit reference agencies. When the account is closed then that authority is rescinded.

Hi Roverman, I don't suppose I could be cheeky and ask if you have a copy of the letter, so i can send it to my recently closed accounts please? XXXXX

Halifax CCA letter sent 3 May

2 x CL Finance letters sent 3 May

Halifax and CL letters received 6 May

Halifax responded with valid CCA, but need to query default

CL Finance failed to provide CCA by 2 July - letter sent