unlawful loan PPI interest .. ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just successfully challenged HSBC on loan PPI and won! well they settled for my figure. I am taking on Sainsburys next.

I have been spending a lot of time investigating these cases and have come across an idea...

Loan insurance is a product - why then do we pay interest on this?

We aren't given the option to pay for the product in total - not possible to pay £700 rather than £500 PPI + £200 interest.

If I have insurance on my fridge they don't charge £5 a month plus £2 interest - it is a product they sell and as such why is interest listed seperately?

I put it to the banks this is an unlawful interest charge and should be refunded for all.

You aren't offered the option to pay for the insurance in total up front only to pay in installments with interest added - it should be £700 divided by payments not listed as different things.

What's everyones views? Has this been covered?

Help me to help others!

Interest is listed separately because the whole premium for the insurance is taken at the beginning of the contract and they then extend the loan to cover the additional cost, therefore you pay interest on the lump sum premium. Many loan companies use a seperate company for PPI (although in many cases the company used is owned by the same company that offers the loan), so they can show that they need to pay the premium at the beginning.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

I have and am currently challenging whole insurance and interest - won one and will fight the other!

I still think anyone could fight the interest as it is sold with the option of paying the insurance at the start only with interest.

Help me to help others!

• dx100uk changed the title to unlawful loan PPI interest .. ?