W J Parking

Guest oncemore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest oncemore

Firstly - this is a great site with loads of info, thanks to everyone for their contribution so far

My question / issue - i have just had a ticket from W J Parking for parking on the frontage of some flats in Plymouth, I was not in a residents bay, was observed for 7 mins (i had a disabled badge showing but this might be irrelevant) and the ticket was stuck to the side window. Having read a lot of this site I would now like to ask:

This is a "charge" and not a fine - correct?

it says pay £70 in 7 days or £100 after that, legal / reasonable, is 7 days OK?

It says charge issued by and then in had writing it says CSC , i do not know if this is a firm or the initials of the person issuing the ticket

The ticket looks like an official ticket and not an invoice etc. which i understand it actually is

It does say "unauthorised persons must not remove or interfere with this charge" is that OK

I am seriously considering ignoring this until I get a letter and then use the templates on this site to tell them where to go - I was the driver but I do not need to tell them that do I?

Big question is when I checked them on companies house they are apparently in administration and have been since 22/08/08! The ticket was issued on the 25/09/08 - does them being in administration change anything i.e. will they be more or less likely to peruse all the way? I also note from the companies house web site that the administrators are at the same address as the company, is this normal? if you want to check for yourself then their registration number is 4427096

Many thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oncemore

Have read all stickies - that is why I am thinking of not paying and so far have done nothing, very comprehensive stuff.

Will the "in administration" mean anything positive or negative to how they will proceed does anyone know. Any dealing with these people before anyone?

Thanks

Will the "in administration" mean anything positive or negative to how they will proceed does anyone know. Any dealing with these people before anyone?

Thanks

If they are in official administration it would be very interesting to see if a bona fide administrator would actually pursue an illegal charge (no doubt backed up by dubious/illegal threatening letters) to a court of law. :D

Guest oncemore

well i guess we are going to see?

I only think they are in administration from checking the companies house website based on the registered company number on the charge ticket but it looks pretty clear to me.

Any other views on this one?

I will of course keep everyone posted

Guest oncemore

OK, will now sit and wait for the paperwork to start arriving and will then reply with the template response and see where we go from there.

does anyone else have a view on these people or similar firms in administration and their tactics and actions?

Maybe they are in administration because people have stopped paying :D

write to these people instead; RULE 4.228 OF THE INSOLVENCY RULES 1986 NOTICE TO THE CREDITORS OF AN INSOLVENT COMPANY OF THE RE-USE OF A PROHIBITED NAME W J PARKING LIMITED (Company Number 04427096) On 22 August 2008 W J Parking Limited was placed into Administration. We, Richard Frederick William Cox of 154 Taunton Road, Plymouth, Devon PL5 4ER, and William Ideson of 6 St Lukes Drive, Teignmouth, Devon TQ14 9GY, were Directors of W J Parking Limited on the day it entered into Administration. Pursuant to Rule 4.228 of the Insolvency Rules 1986, we give notice that it is our intention to act in one or more of the ways specified in section 216(3) of the Insolvency Act 1986 in connection with, or for the purpose of, the carrying on of the whole or substantially the whole of the business of the insolvent Company under the name W J Parking and Premier Parking Solutions Limited. Gazette Website: PDF Navigator

Guest oncemore

Lamma - thanks for your quick responses, much appreciated.

I do not know what "in administration" means? are they still trading as normal, should they have stopped trading etc? what does that notice mean in english?

Can i just clarify please, is your suggestion i write to them now (and if so tell them what?) or do i wait for something from the company and then write the suggested template initial response letter but send it direct to them at their addresses? if the letter comes from the company should i not respond to them directly?

Sorry, a bit confused here as it is a first outing into this for me - can you be more specific in your suggested actions.

Again many thanks for the support so far

Lamma - thanks for your quick responses, much appreciated.

I do not know what "in administration" means? are they still trading as normal, should they have stopped trading etc? what does that notice mean in english?

Being in administration essentially means that the company is being run by an external court appointed administrator. The administrator will attempt to rescue the company if possible or will negotiate settlements with the creditors of the company. He can if he deems it necessary move the company to be liquidated or wound up.

You might find this document helpful. - Administration Guidance Notes.

"Once a company is in administration, every business document must state the name of the administrator and the fact that the affairs and business of the company are being managed by him."

With regard to lamma's post it appears that the directors have set up a new company using the same company name. The notice is to exclude them from having any liability for the debts of the old company. (for more details see this link).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest oncemore

So if there is a new company with the same name how do i know (or anyone) which i am dealing with? is the company number on the ticket my reference to the old company and the one in administration

Wonder how focused on collecting "old tickets" they will be if they have a new venture - i think we are all going to find out

Guest oncemore

Also wanted to ask if the clarification could be given on what to write to who from Lamma's post - still a little confused on that one??

By the way - thanks for the info so far, much appreciated:)

So if there is a new company with the same name how do i know (or anyone) which i am dealing with? is the company number on the ticket my reference to the old company and the one in administration

Wonder how focused on collecting "old tickets" they will be if they have a new venture - i think we are all going to find out

I believe if the the old company is in administration, then a new company should have a new number. As your invoice has the old number on I would assume it is still issued by the old company.

In the Exeter County Court No 3009 of 2008 W J PARKING LIMITED (Company Number 04427096) Nature of Business: Car park management services. Registered Office of Company: c/o Bishop Fleming, Stratus House, Emperor Way, Exeter, Devon, EX1 3QS. Date of Appointment: 22 August 2008. Joint Administrators’ Names and Address: Jeremiah Anthony O'Sullivan and Samuel Jonathan Talby (IP Nos 8333 and 9404), both of Bishop Fleming, 2nd Floor Stratus House, Emperor Way, Exeter Business Park, Exeter, Devon, EX1 3QS. just search the gazette for the company number. nice to have the addresses of the directors of the PPC as well in case you wish to write to the directly.

Guest oncemore

Quick update - taken info from the sign in the car park, private property blah blah 24*7 etc. then a set of amazing prices for various crimes from parking at £100 to tow away for £240 and £24 a day extra. details then give 0871 xxx number for contact and PO box 215 and post code for address. Also says member of BPA and certificate number 3735/03

Anyone see any problems with the signs or are they OK? they are about A3 size and quite prominent

Guest oncemore

Additional note - the post code on the signs is not the same as their administrators which is effectivly where there business is being run from, any issues with this either?

Just trying to see how many things i can find that are wrong with what they are doing and how. Might see if i can put up the cleaned up parking notice as well so everyone can see everything

I (or rather my car) received an invoice from WJ Parking in July. Naturally, I haven't paid them - perhaps I've damaged their cashflow so much that they've folded! :-D:-D:-D

A question - if they are in administration, will the administrator try to press me for payment of their invoice?

Abo

A question - if they are in administration, will the administrator try to press me for payment of their invoice?

Abo

Probably not directly, but the administrator may sell on the "debt" to a debt collector who may send you landfill "on behalf" of WJ. This has happened on a number of previous occasions. Quite often the debt collector does not have any details regarding the original incident, making any remote possibility of court action even more inconceivable.

Probably not directly, but the administrator may sell on the "debt" to a debt collector who may send you landfill "on behalf" of WJ. This has happened on a number of previous occasions. Quite often the debt collector does not have any details regarding the original incident, making any remote possibility of court action even more inconceivable.

B.Boy - thanks. That's more or less what I expected.

I was, in a perverse way, hoping that WJ Parking would issue a claim so that I would have the pleasure of costing them some more money.

Letters from debt collectors who are on a hiding to nothing I can deal with.

Abo

• 1 month later...
Guest oncemore

OK, WJ seem to have done the deed with the DVLA and sent the linked document to the lease manager who is the registered address and the car is in my name. They have been told not to pay anything!!

I noticed it says PCN, which it was not, it was a private parking "invoice" they also noted the wrong location, but give them some respect, it was close!!

Would be interested in comments regarding structure, number of misguided threats etc that are contained in this document.

On a seriouse note they have the "agents" address but my name, will the agent get loads of mail or can i expect lots of forwarded mail? This comes to me as e-mail as it is all internal to the company

WJParking form_2 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks

Edited by oncemore

Guest oncemore

Thanks, I have looked at the links previously but did go and have another read. I have taken copies of the pro former complaint letters but at the moment they are writing to the vehicle agent and not directly to me as the car is in my name but at the companies address, so in effect they have not found me yet but i do not want the agent getting loads of stuff.

I note they break a number of rules i.e. no company address, no indication they are in administration etc on their letter - oh dear ....

Interestingly this is a trading name of Valley enforcements (apparently - no mention at companies house on the WJ info or Valley enforcement info)

Do people know of valley enforcement? is it known this is a trading name of theirs? general views, opinions, tactics etc would be very usefu to hearl

Again many thanks to all

They appear to be writing to the "Registered Owner". Who might that be? I understand there is a Registered Keeper or an Owner, I'm not aware the Owner is Registered anywhere so no such thing as a "Registered Owner". :)