£2400 unauthorised overdraft with RBS, need Natwest advice

TheAnalyst
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm currently over £2400 overdrawn (virtually all charges) with RBS however I estimate they have taken in total over the last 6 years over £3000 off me in charges.

I'm currently with their "customer lending centre" (debt managemen team) and really am at the final stages before they get the debt collectors on to me, I made a couple of their totally unrealistic repayments but just could not keep them up and ive been ignoring it since then, all they would offer me is a loan to pay it off, £2500 paid back over 5 years with some crazy interest rate so I end up paying back over £5000!!!!

Thank goodness I found this site!

I have sent them the DPA request so I can get an exact amount that they have milked off me over the years and in the meantime I sucsessfully applied for a Natwest STEP account (nice solo card but no nasty overdraft facilities)

I have been reading here that RBS actually own Natwest and am now rather worried that they will find out about my Natwest account and close that as well as my RBS account (which I fully expect them to do in the event of me getting all my charges back)

Could this happen? and also how will it work if I get all my charges back.... will RBS just pay off my overdraft with it and send me any more in a cheque?

Thanks for any advice.

P.S I had no problems getting a STEP account from Natwest and my credit history is seriously shocking so dont be put off, there is still hope for some of us.

Completed:

RBOS Charges - £2435 settled in full :)

RBOS Default Removal - Removed :)

Carphone Warehouse Default Removal - Removed :)

Welcome Finance Default Removal - Removed :)

Viking Direct CCJ - Removed :)

Littlewoods Default - Removed :-o

Ongoing:

N Hunter SAR

It would be very unlikely that a NW account would close because of RBS. But I only have a gut feeling for this view.

From my experience this would be unlikely. However having taken advice from my Debt Management Team I was advised to change my bank account from the Nationwide to a bank which was "unrealated" to any of our creditors. The reason for this is, as they expalined, was that the creditors could if they so wish withdraw funds from a "related account".

In other words if I were £1000 in credit in say a nationwide account and I also defaulted on a £1000 loan which I also had with the Nationwide they would be able to pay off the loan themselves by withdrawing the £1000 from the current account without my knowledge or authorisation.

My advice would be to find another account which is totally "unrelated" to any of your creditors.

smudge

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Completed:

RBOS Charges - £2435 settled in full :)

RBOS Default Removal - Removed :)

Carphone Warehouse Default Removal - Removed :)

Welcome Finance Default Removal - Removed :)

Viking Direct CCJ - Removed :)

Littlewoods Default - Removed :-o

Ongoing:

N Hunter SAR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks