fraud can anyone help

snowi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi again iv been reading a interesting thread same situation as my self

how can i find out how much i would have been allowed in tax credits for working ,

im getting charged with fraud but if i claim it was a mistake and just claimed the wrong benifits like working tax credits and i am entittled to them the amount in my case 25 thousand will be reduced by the amount i would have been entittled to and i can try and say i claimed wrong benifit so no fraud was commited so

how do i find out how much i was entittled to help please xxx

HM Revenue & Customs: Tax credits: Introduction

Have a look in here, but I cant imagine you are going to somehow explain £25,000 away. When I was claiming tax credits I was on the max and it was round about £80 a week, it has probably gone up a bit since then but not to anywhere near 25k.

How long where you working to get overpaid by that amount?

Does the 25K include overpayments of housing and council tax benefits?

Here is the direct link for the tax credits calculator.

IR Tax Credits - Do I qualify?, Do I qualify?

Edited by huggys boss
added a link

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

I would have thought you should have to pay it all back. Whatever your reasons of doing so were you did not claim the appropriate benefit and should not be awarded that later on. To be honest your original post states you wish to claim you made a mistake, isnt that another type of fraud.

I always thought from previous posts on here, that the best way to be was tell the truth and you might be given some leway on paying it back. I wouldnt rule out prison either, be prepared.