style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have a read of the insolvency service website it will tell you what happens to your debts when bankrupt The Insolvency Service Website

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi geministar your landlrod will be informed if there are a BR caluse into your tenacny agreement and/or you have rental arrear.

if your ebt are into yoru only name then they will be dissolved, that it . nothing will happend to your partner as he/she i snot liable for it. however i advise that you do anot of dissociatin to credit reference agency to make sure it does not affect your partner credit scores

If the rent is up to date and there are no other problems with your tenancy it is unlikely that the landlord will do anything.

Any joint debts your partner has with his ex will become her responsibility.

Mor einfo here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/formal-solutions-bankruptcy-administration/56970-insolvency-dealing-debt.html

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Does it matter that he hasnt spoken in some time and doesn't know her exact whereabouts? just that she is in NZ somewhere?

Once he is Br it is not his problem anymore and is up to the creditors to find her.......he just needs to be honest with the Official Receiver.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

ok what level of income will allow me to have part of the BR fee waivered? I believe i have to include my partners income in this part? even though not his debt.

Also what tends to happy if you have spent some of the debt on gambling? And i mean a small amount £300-£400 over a period of time my debt is currently at around 15k.

The laptop i have was bought in September 2007 via HFC finance, not under hire purchase but a loan agreement. I currently owe around £400 for it.

When i file my bankruptcy forms, what should i do about my laptop? Is it worth pretending it is broken or that i have sold it on, my mum said she would have it (in theory). My laptop is the only thing i own that is worth a small amount.

personally I would say no - they have admitted they cannot prove the debt and have agreed to stop action. no need to include them .

flip side of that would be that if you DO include the paperwork - it is not likely to affect your bankruptcy much and would then ensure that you are forever protected from them coming after you with this again.

Opinions are offered in good faith based upon personal experience and research. Before making any irreversible decisions the opinion of a qualified, registered and insured legal professional should be sought.

If my advice or information has assisted you in any way - please click my scales.

thanks

Nat West Charges £1056 WON

RBS Charges £3600 WON

RBS Unenforceable Loan £18500 Pending

RBS PPI on loan above Pending

MBNA Credit Card CCA & SAR Sent

Co-op Credit Card CCA Sent

what kind of laptop is it?

Opinions are offered in good faith based upon personal experience and research. Before making any irreversible decisions the opinion of a qualified, registered and insured legal professional should be sought.

If my advice or information has assisted you in any way - please click my scales.

thanks

RBS Charges £3600 WON

I am a few months behind on Ctax, i live with my partner, we are not married, When i go bankrupt in Jan, how do i address the Ctax arrears can this be included with my BR? If so does this mean this is my partners responsibility even though i'll continue to live at my current address?

Bit confused

like you say not worth much - but depends on how hard they want to scratch around for assets.

I doubt they would be overly worried about it.

thanks

RBS Charges £3600 WON

ok if i dont have a tenancy agreement we literally just moved in... what is the likelihood of being evicted? We get on with our landlord and landlady very well (they live next door). Have never paid rent late in 8 months and myself and partner both work.

Also how would it work if i decided to state i was living back at my mums address? I have recently submitted our new working tax claim pack. But that will take time to sort, so i could leave out that i receive workin tax as at the moment we dont. And basically just be living back at home with my mum (her home is a housing association).

i hope that made sense???? So many questions all the time.

Also what tends to happy if you have spent some of the debt on gambling? And i mean a small amount £300-£400 over a period of time my debt is currently at around 15k.

Nothing is likely to hapen for such a small proportion of the debt being gambling related.

ok if i dont have a tenancy agreement we literally just moved in... what is the likelihood of being evicted? We get on with our landlord and landlady very well (they live next door). Have never paid rent late in 8 months and myself and partner both work.

Also how would it work if i decided to state i was living back at my mums address? I have recently submitted our new working tax claim pack. But that will take time to sort, so i could leave out that i receive workin tax as at the moment we dont. And basically just be living back at home with my mum (her home is a housing association).

i hope that made sense???? So many questions all the time.

I strongly advise that you tell the OR the truth and nothing but the truth. If you get on well with your landlord why dont you ask him now what his reaction will be to you being BR? Most wont care as long as they get their rent, and you are honest with them.

thanks again for your advice. Yes i think i may ask them this wknd as havin a festive drink with them b4 they go away for xmas. That is my main concern at the moment.... don't wanna end up losing my home as i can hardly afford to move about. That would actually put me off going BR and i'd carry on with my DMP throwing more money away.

Hi Geministar2007:)

I went B/R in November and included my C/Tax arrears in my B/R, the Local Council then sent me a revised bill for Dec, Jan, and Feb2009!!!

So ALL my arrears were wiped, about 1,800 worth! If that helps.

Take care

Sugar x x :D

Hi Geministar2007:)

I am B/R too. I was told by C.A.B. to list ALL debts on my B/R paperwork, and not leave anything off. I am led to believe that everything MUST be listed honestly, and the amount of some of my debts were estimates as I couldn't find all my paperwork from over 6 years ago!

Do seek advice from C.A.B. or National Debt Helpline else the Judge on the day may not grant you a B/R!

Hope this helps

Take Care

Sugar x x :D

thanks again, however as i live with my partner how would he be effected? He would have to find the full arears (although he wouldnt i would help if that makes sense ;-).

I am due to pay a 300 odd DD 1st Jan, no chance, so may advise them i am filling for BR and to hold off for a short time. Sound like a good idea?