Barclays / PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello dorabell,

Hi all sorry to be a pain lol any advice on the above letter i have received off barclays regarding the mis-selling ppi is this the normal procedure they are saying because it has gone passed the 6years it falls outside the complaints procedures any advice please:-)

The letter you posted IMO is a fob off to get you off their backs.

The back more than six years will always be used and I am not totally sure the Statute of Limitations is the appropriate quote. I may be wrong and perhaps a member of the site team can confirm but I believe the statute of limitations refers to debt collection?

They even have the audacity to assume what action the FOS will take.

FOS have just taken on a complaint from me from 1997 and I got money back.

My advice is to follow their advice submit a formal complaint to the FOS send a copy of all correspondence (Especially the condescending letter they sent) I am sure the Ombudsman would be a bit miffed to see the comment about what the FOS will do:eek:.

These people will not let go. They take your money on Mis-selling and then say you have no chance of getting it back and the FOS will be unable to accept your complaint.

Please see this link to the FOS website give them a call they are extremely helpful (but also extremely busy) so patience is a prerequisite.

Financial Ombudsman Service

Make sure you give them a run for their money and by the way if there have been more than 4 complaints against barclaycard masterloans to the FOS then they face a bill of £400 for every other complaint received so even if your complaint is not upheld you will have the satisfaction that masterloan barclaycard will have had to fork out £400 for you submitting the complaint to the FOSa.

I hope this cheers you up and gives you the fighting spirit to continue against them.;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 7 months later...

hi all i now its been a while since i have updated:) i have been getting updates now and then from the FOS the last letter i received was a couple off months ago saying they had passed it on to a adjudicator, today i have received a letter saying how they are very sorry about the delay has this has not happend has quickly has they would have liked to because of the very large number of cases they have received recently however they are now able to confirm that the next letter they send to me will be from the team manager who will be responsible for dealing with my case althou this is still in dispute with barclays they are still updating my credit file every month there is no note on there to say this account is in dispute are they allowed to do that?

hi all i now its been a while since i have updated:) i have been getting updates now and then from the FOS the last letter i received was a couple off months ago saying they had passed it on to a adjudicator, today i have received a letter saying how they are very sorry about the delay has this has not happend has quickly has they would have liked to because of the very large number of cases they have received recently however they are now able to confirm that the next letter they send to me will be from the team manager who will be responsible for dealing with my case althou this is still in dispute with barclays they are still updating my credit file every month there is no note on there to say this account is in dispute are they allowed to do that?[/quote]

I would not worry just wait for the adjudicators decision if your complaint is not upheld then off to the legal forum and start the court route.

I am sure you will be ok ;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 6 months later...

How much longer its been over a year

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

More like 16 months as its not 18 mths as Baby is that old.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi alanalana& all i have received correspondence from FOS they are pleased to let me now that following involvement with barclays bank has now agreed to make an offer to settle my complaint barclays bank will be writing to me explaining the precise terms of its propposed settlement- however it has told us that it will be based on the general approach that FSO takes when we decide that a consumer has been mis-sold a ppi policy

we have set out typical approach to redress in a factsheet at the end of this letter as you can see the settlement of your complaint will be calculated by taking into account the type of ppi or policies you have complained about and whether a claim has been paid or if there are any arrears

it is important to understand that the offer will be subject to me agreeing to the cancellation of the payment protection insurance if still in force this will mean all the insurance cover provided will be lost if i would like to accept this offer,( i dont now what the offer is no mention of how much it is :?)please sign the enclosed settlement by xxxxx we will pass this form to barclays so it can be finalise the details of my settlement with me do i wait for barclays to write to me, has i have to send back FSO the acceptance form by next week ,any advice please would be appricated:)

Have you tried to speak to the FOS and ask them what the offer is as they dont mention any type off offer.

Also try asking them who they are dealing with at barcleys and there contact info so you can find out what the offer is. How can u make a decision on a offer if they have not told you what it is?

Have you tried to speak to the FOS and ask them what the offer is as they dont mention any type off offer.

Also try asking them who they are dealing with at barcleys and there contact info so you can find out what the offer is. How can u make a decision on a offer if they have not told you what it is?

Hi GM hows things:) i no:-? it does say in one of the paragraghs that barclays are going to write to me but this letter from the FOS has to be back for next week there might be something in the post from barclays? i will have to ring them thanks:)

Hi alanalana& all i have received correspondence from FOS they are pleased to let me now that following involvement with barclays bank has now agreed to make an offer to settle my complaint barclays bank will be writing to me explaining the precise terms of its propposed settlement- however it has told us that it will be based on the general approach that FSO takes when we decide that a consumer has been mis-sold a ppi policy

we have set out typical approach to redress in a factsheet at the end of this letter as you can see the settlement of your complaint will be calculated by taking into account the type of ppi or policies you have complained about and whether a claim has been paid or if there are any arrears

it is important to understand that the offer will be subject to me agreeing to the cancellation of the payment protection insurance if still in force this will mean all the insurance cover provided will be lost if i would like to accept this offer,( i dont now what the offer is no mention of how much it is :?)please sign the enclosed settlement by xxxxx we will pass this form to barclays so it can be finalise the details of my settlement with me do i wait for barclays to write to me, has i have to send back FSO the acceptance form by next week ,any advice please would be appricated:)

Hello dorabell,

IMO you should only accept if they agree to repay all the PPI premiums you have paid to them plus they should repay 8% statutory interest on each of the premiums.

They 8% is worked out from the date the premium was paid to them up to the date of settlement...so if you paid say £20 on 8 Oct 2007 then you would be entitled to receive 8% simple interest on that £20 from 8 Oct up to the point you accept the offer.

Please try to use this simple interest calculator to help you out

simple interest calculator - Blake Lapthorn - Southampton, Oxford, London, Portsmouth, Winchester

The principle sum is say the £20

The interest rate will be the 8%

The interest from date will be the date you paid the PPI premium ie the monthly amount of PPI you were repaying

The interest to date will be the date you are going to accept (if you are going to accept)

Hit the calculate button and you will get the result of what you should expect back on one monthly payment.

Do this for every monthly repayment remember to adjust the dates on the calculator.

Keep a record of the figures for each month add them up together and you should have an idea what to expect in terms of the settlement.

The bank will of course deduct the tax element so the figures will not match precisely.

Hope this helps

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

alanalana

Just a daft question but how is Dora suspose to know what she is being offered without know what the offer is?

• 1 year later...

Hi all still waiting from barclays about the above the last time i heard was way back in feb 210 i turned down there offer has it was way below the settlement figure i should be getting so i went back to the FOS which i had a letter saying it was being delt with again this was way in feb 210 not heard any thing else since, then checking my credit report this account has been deleted but prior to that the account was not updated for a few months which had been every month befor then very confusing any advice please

Hi all still waiting from barclays about the above the last time i heard was way back in feb 210 i turned down there offer has it was way below the settlement figure i should be getting so i went back to the FOS which i had a letter saying it was being delt with again this was way in feb 210 not heard any thing else since, then checking my credit report this account has been deleted but prior to that the account was not updated for a few months which had been every month befor then very confusing any advice please

Hi all could some one advice me on this please should i be doing anything?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dorabell

I've just noticed your thread....this seems absurd to me (and I expect it does to you too!)

First thing I would do is write to fos with a full time line of events thus far and include in that letter specific reference as to how unhappy you are with not only Barclays but also fos. Point out to them that this has taken far too long to resolve and you would like an immediate update and request that, in view of the history of this case, you would like some kind of response in fourteen days.

If you don't get an answer or if the answer you do get is unsatisfactory, I would withdraw from fos and sue Barclays. What would make this route a little easier is that they have already admitted mis-selling by virtue of an offer (albeit apparently derisory)...you would just need to adjust your claim amount to relect what you want and then issue in court.

Regards

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi Dorabell

I've just noticed your thread....this seems absurd to me (and I expect it does to you too!)

First thing I would do is write to fos with a full time line of events thus far and include in that letter specific reference as to how unhappy you are with not only Barclays but also fos. Point out to them that this has taken far too long to resolve and you would like an immediate update and request that, in view of the history of this case, you would like some kind of response in fourteen days.

If you don't get an answer or if the answer you do get is unsatisfactory, I would withdraw from fos and sue Barclays. What would make this route a little easier is that they have already admitted mis-selling by virtue of an offer (albeit apparently derisory)...you would just need to adjust your claim amount to relect what you want and then issue in court.

Regards

ims

thanks for your reply i sure do lol, whats got me confused it has been deleted off my credit report, barclays was updating then suddenly it stopped infact looking back they stopped round about the time when the court rulling was wonsmilie.png

Well, my simple way of thinking is that if its gone off your report thats a good thing and leave it at that. Might be confusing but hey...its gone.

I'm sure you know that doesn't stop you from chasing your claim though.

Regards

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• 4 years later...