Alliance/leicester Credit Card With Mbna - No Cca Sent By MBNA

angel_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey angel

OH had one of those letters from MBNA several months ago (the one offering several options I mean), but they only defaulted him last month. This is the correct timescale according to their letters - 7 months. Are you at 7 months of not paying/paying a reduced sum that they don't agree with?

I would not worry overly at that one, it's just a standard threat.

Not sure about the default being registered soon one as it's from a different company. Again though with MBNA, they sent a couple of these before actually sending a (rubbish) DN, so probably not too bothersome. They need to have sent you a DN to register it, so it does sound more like a scare tactic than anything.

It made me feel better just to rush off a 'doorstep caller' letter to Gail Powell. She wrote back and said MBNA don't use them, and nor do their agents!! Either she's lying or the letter was - and seeing as no-one has turned up I'd say it's the letter:)

I don't know anything about ticks for sigs and stuff, so I can't really help with that part, sorry. Just wanted to give a bit of moral support for the other though.

Lexis:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya lexis

thanks so much for you input,,, im thinking the same but last payment was about oct where i made a forced payment if you know what i mean wink wink

so 7 months not yet arrived, will send out appropiate letters yeah even to make me feel better and part of my paper trail for any future harrassment claim ;)

yes the tick box scenario ive got subbed on others threads and i davey if my memory serves me correct that a legal man is looking into this further so will let you know

at the moment im reading that if the tick box is given then thats the signature part taken care of but what about other stuff like the full terms and conditions shouldnt that be also provided, this is where im at at the moment

take care catch up laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• 1 month later...

hiya all

a bit of an update on this

still awaiting on sars, but ive had a letter requesting that i send out proof of signature etc from me from MBNA to provide my sars info,,,,,,yet id asked mbna last year for my info via sars so in theory ,,,because id sent my sars to ALLIANCE AND LEICESTER,,,but of course the card is issued by mbna,,,,, i m guessing this is where they are coming in from

I think i will remind them that they did not send me the full and correct information from my sars request last year , where i did contact them and was taken through security for the rest of my mbna stuff to be sent, but nothing from alliance and leicester correct info,,,and if not to arrive within 7 days i will report them to info comm office

Also...... looks like debt been sold to link financial, had a letter will post up

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp159/aquarian1964/MBNALINK.jpg

so how do i now deal with this.......appreciate your thoughts,,,,,

many thanks angel x

Edited by angel_1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

What you're doing sounds about right to me angel. They need to comply, they don't need any more info, and they need to get it done yesterday.

Did they send a DN? Was it ok? Are they entitled to ask for the full balance?

Have MBNA given you any proof that the account has been assigned? I know there is discussion as to whether or not they have to, and to be honest, the way I read the rules on it I don't think they do, but that doesn't mean I agree with it.

I personally (and therefore OH does too:D) just flat refuse to pay a third party without the OC telling me it is correct. We've just had the same with Debt Clear Recoveries on behalf of MBNA - telling us to pay them, yet MBNA are still accepting the s/o payments OH is sending.

I wrote to DCR telling them they can whistle until we have written confirmation of what is happening from MBNA - perfectly reasonable I feel! I simply said at the end we will contact them when we know where we stand with it.

They've not responded yet, but I'm sure it won't be to say 'ok then'. However until I am happy with the situation, I won't be dealing with them. They'll have to learn to live with that!

Lexis:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

hi lexis

thanks for posting,,,,,hope u are okay by the way meant to pm you,,,,

- of course the dn,,,, well,,,its that dodgy one remember a lot of us had,,,and not giving us the 14 clear days neither,,,will find it and scan it up too

so will update you all laters thanks for this going to scan a few more bits and bobs on other threads too

cheers laters angel x:)