Alliance/leicester Credit Card With Mbna - No Cca Sent By MBNA

angel_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Maz, yes this is true.. They are allowed to provide a copy without signatures for the purpose of the CCA request. However the original would have to be provided in court and without your signature I doubt they would succeed.

However, I didnt realise this was an online application and as Hopeful has already said, I think a "tick" is supposed to qualify as an electronic signature. I just dont know enough about online applications to be confident of giving you advice on that. :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello Hopeful1 and citizenb - thanks both its now making more sense to me

hopeful - yes i would appreciate the link ref online legislation (to tell you both the truth until i got the sars back and then seen the internet as a link on mbna paper trail of information, i then realised it must have been set up via online )

citizenb - this of course also for me, not yet know enough about online applications, but im sure hopeful will get back to me later with the info above

I have about 250.00 of charges not much to make a dent into the figure - but will help of course

I will now hold off until later and check in on the latest info and then make a decision.

Many thanks for your continued help ciao for now laters maz

Edited by maz1964

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

hiya hopeful

thanks and i can see i will need to have a bit of a clear head to read through so will have a go and try and understand it all tomorrow now

ciao for now MAZ;)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya hopeful

thanks and i can see i will need to have a bit of a clear head to read through so will have a go and try and understand it all tomorrow now

ciao for now MAZ;)

Yes, sorry it's not much fun :confused::D

I think the short post is a good summary though.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

hiya have had a look and im trying to remember if it was at all possible that i would have just clicked online and then if so , is that it?? what about any confirmation in the post i cant find any documents

so i think will draft a further letter and see what happens

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

if you wish to see my letter now pm me and i will share with you ta maz

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

is this now too much?? helllllllllllllllllllllllpp ta lol

Edited by maz1964

Hi maz

I just wanted to ask how old this account is? Does it fall before the 2004 changes?

If it does, then from the handy linky Hopeful1 posted I would surmise that they should have a separate signed agreement (which is kind of backed up I think by the line from their letter 'They also go on to say they are not req to serve a copy of the credit agreement which includes signatures, as the law expressly permits lenders to omit signatures from copies of all credit agreements' - why bother to tell you this if they didn't need your sig in the first place?)

I think the date of the account is probably important for your letter - ie. you say 'I would imagine that...' - if you know it's before the cut off in '04 then that can become 'you should have issued...' etc. It would just allow you to be a little more certain.

I'll have another look tomorrow before we shoot off if I can (assuming someone who actually knows what they're talking about doesn't help you first that is:))

nighty night

Lexis:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

hiya lexis

yes i appreciate what you have done ,,,, its the only one i have that is after 2004 i believe in 2006 from what the sars said, which kind of matches up with my memory lol

so this is my dilemma on this one because of it being an online one, what are the conditions supposed to be , and reading the linky im understanding that if applied online then thats as good as it, which is why they can only mbna that is ,,send me the t and conditions. Surely there has to be some other document that proves that an online application and acceptance was done, otherwise you could in effect get fraud on the account ie say another member of the family applying or some criminal as a identity thief

appreciate your thoughts, but above all, you have a wonderful weekend, and chill, remember the family are far more important

ciao and speak to you next week take care and have a fun day

ciao MAZ:)

heya

Regardless of if it was before/after 04 (and reading with a slightly clearer head than I was at 2 this morning), I think you're right, they would/should at least have something somewhere with your cross on it - even if they only have it stored electronically and have to send you a printout.

Trouble is, I'm only going on a brief bit of reading on here, so I think others opinions will count more than mine;)

I might be tempted to fiddle a little with this part, just so they're under no illusions about what you want -

With regard to the information of the necessarey material terms and conditions sent to me which you have deemed as being sufficient.

As you have previously advised that should Alliance and Leicester provide you with a copy of the original application I would be sent a copy.

Possibly you could say something along the lines of:

With regards to the Terms and Conditions that you have sent me, claiming they are sufficient to comply with my request. I am slightly confused as to how this is the case, owing to the fact you have previously stipulated that should Alliance and Leicester provide you with a copy of the original application, I too would be sent a copy. This would strongly suggest to me that there is further documentation relating to my account that you have not yet supplied under my request.

Feel free to ignore me though - my kids do so I won't feel hurt:D

ps - 3 hours to go, then I'm away!!!!!:D:D:D

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

heya

Regardless of if it was before/after 04 (and reading with a slightly clearer head than I was at 2 this morning), I think you're right, they would/should at least have something somewhere with your cross on it - even if they only have it stored electronically and have to send you a printout.

Trouble is, I'm only going on a brief bit of reading on here, so I think others opinions will count more than mine;)

edited out - thanks though lexis

Feel free to ignore me though - my kids do so I won't feel hurt:D

ps - 3 hours to go, then I'm away!!!!!:D:D:D

thanks lexis ciaoooooooooooo maz

• 3 weeks later...

update on this

they say have supplied the terms and conditions so have considered all for me, and sent final letter and refers me to fos,

i will be sending fos the information

will this now continue as a dispute ? until the ombudsman declares them right or sits on the fence or heaven help actually says possibly we are right? holding my breath

if it continues as a dispute until the ombudsman comes to a decision i can continue to withhold payment?

they also cannot add further charges or interest ?

also as ive 3 claims for the same creditor should i do 3 seperate claims and put each information on each claim as the final letter summised all 3 accounts?

i dont want the 3 accounts mixed up in anyway, i want them treated seperately can i do this?

many thanks catch up tomorrow ciao for now maz

bumping up as need advise pls on my previous post

xxxx

many thanks im off to do a coffee and i will be here for a few hours

ciao maz

Edited by maz1964

update on this

they say have supplied the terms and conditions so have considered all for me, and sent final letter and refers me to fos, i will be sending fos the information

will this now continue as a dispute ? until the ombudsman declares them right or sits on the fence or heaven help actually says possibly we are right? holding my breath

if it continues as a dispute until the ombudsman comes to a decision i can continue to withhold payment?

they also cannot add further charges or interest ?

also as ive 3 claims for the same creditor should i do 3 seperate claims and put each information on each claim as the final letter summised all 3 accounts?

i dont want the 3 accounts mixed up in anyway, i want them treated seperately can i do this?

many thanks catch up tomorrow ciao for now maz

Yes, send your complaint to the FOS. Use RMW's excellent thread here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/136654-complaining-financial-ombudsman-service.html

Yes, if you want to make each account an individual complaint. If the Final Response letter deals with all 3 accounts, then you must photocopy it for each complaint to the FOS and delete the 2 account numbers not applicable in each case.

Yes, this does put the accounts firmly in dispute and whilst MBNA shouldnt add interest or take further action. They very likely will. As they so like to tell us.. they are an American Company and UK laws dont apply to them:rolleyes:

Once you have reference numbers from the FOS, you can add them to any future correspondence to MBNA just to let them know you are following through with your complaint. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thanks citizen

i m going to be on this ball tomorrow i promise,, i need to as i want fos to have the documents so the dispute can then be investigated further

i certainly will have the utmost pleasure in informing mbna im following through with my complaint:p and at a cost of 450.00 each claim, pure joy

have fun ciao maz

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im sorry i cant seem to view it,

not sure if its my pc but not available to me to open up and read

laters angel x

Hi Sanrhythm,

I can't open your attachments either.

I think it would be better if you started your own thread, rather than tagging this on to Angels, then others may be able to help you further.

Good luck

Claimed bank charges back from First Direct - 2007

Claim pending for bank charges with Alliance & Leicester - 2008

Looking into enforceability of CCA's with MBNA (x2) and Next Directory - 2009

• 2 weeks later...

hiya got a letter that a default will register very soon if i dont call them

this is from a and l paperwork but guessing from mbna

then i get a letter listing things

like make a payment, maybe give you interest free payment prog, settle figure with partial settlemen (oh yeah then go and sell remainder off not likely,,,) or collection man will come a visiting,yikesssssssss:eek:

got to one to 3 or will be sold off

mind you not got a default notice i cant remember seeing one,,,,

points im considering

appears as a online application thus tick box only sheet and terms and conditions supplied previously which are the current terms by the way, on seperate occasions

so can i request they supply the credit card agreement fully with terms and conditions at the time of the contract? or can they just get away with this tick box page???

also want to tell them writing only

also want to write to them and say something like will pay the xxxxxx once paperwork received and its correctly executed and discuss a repayment plan at least to stop the default

mind you, how can i defend a default or ask for its removal if i dont pay them and i havent had a defatult notice will look for it, incase im losing my memory lol

if they supply the correct paperwork and i dont pay in time and they default me then in theory it will remain for 6 years wont it?

im in a bit of a pickle i think, do have about a week to make that first payment

help pls,,,,, laters angel x

:confused:

hiya all

just another thought from my previous post

why is it on alliance and leicester headed paperwork when last year mbna replied to me regarding this account,

i did sar mbna and maybe now need to sar alliance and leicester??

anyway i wait eagerly for your replies thanks again

angel x