Gazza112 Vs Halifax Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Gazza, is that ALL they supplied in response to a CCA request ?

They are supposed to provide..

Copy of the agreement or truthful reconstruct.

Statement of account

Terms and conditions from inception, at default and if the agreement was varied in between times, copies of those terms and conditions.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Cabot bought my alleged debt from Halifax 3yrs ago they managed to produce a fully compliant CCA from 1993!! Cannot understand why they then changed them for later cardholders.

CitB, does the selling of a debt to a DCA that is subject to a dispute re: no CCA, constitute fraud on the part of the original creditor? Wondered if this was something to hammer OC's with.

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

Gazza, is that ALL they supplied in response to a CCA request ?

They are supposed to provide..

Copy of the agreement or truthful reconstruct.

Statement of account

Terms and conditions from inception, at default and if the agreement was varied in between times, copies of those terms and conditions.

Hi Citizen B

Yes, thats all 1st credit sent me a copy off the application form which was filled in by someone else not me. But i did sign the second page, but that cant be linked to the first page.

I never asked 1st credit for a CCA the just sent me what i put on the thread.

Just need to know whether to reply to them with a letter.

Gaz

Hi All

Just to let you know, about an hour ago i had a phone call from 1st Credit.

Didn't give the person much chance to say anything, as i said put everything in writing and i then put the phone down.

So i need some info in what to do from the letter sent to me and the phone calls.

Gaz

Challenge the app form on the fact the ''2nd'' page is unconnected to the 1st and a signed app is not proof an account or liability exists.

State that all telephone contact must cease in line with OFT Guidance 2003/2011 and all contact must be in writting sent by Royal Mail and that proof of posting is not considered proof of delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi All

Just an up-date i send over the weekend a receorded letter stating about the phone calls i'm receiving, also a recorded letter with a £1 postal order saying i want a copy off the agreement and not a copy off an application form that someone else filled out.

I also received a text message from 1st Credit today saying the following.

1st Credit are now dealing with your account balance £------- in relation to Halifax. Please call us urgently on ----------------- quoting reference --------. To pay using our secure automated payment hotline please call ---------------------.

Gaz

I don't know why your still corresponding with them about this.

Four years on and this has gone nowhere, except round and round in circles.

Continuing to send CCA requests with a £ here and a £ there is doing you no favours.

If they had anything at all, then Halifax would have taken you to court way before now, it clearly isn't going to happen.

IMO I would send them one final letter informing them that as they have failed to supply the correct documents you deem the account in dispute, then ignore them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Then that speaks volumes then, it's is clearly unenforceable, you should just ignore them.

It doesn't take 9 DCA's to collect a debt.

If there was any substance to this then they would have issued court papers 3 years ago.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

IGNORE THEM

how many more times............

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All

Just an update on this thread, received two letters from 1st Credit today one fretening me with Court Action the other telling me the would be getting intouch with the original Crediter for copy documents i ask for.

1stCreditCourtLetter.jpg

1stCreditLetterdated14thSeptember2012.jpg

So just sit back and see what comes through the post.

Gaz

I didnt even ask for the CCA ( saved me a quid anyway ) ;) ..they sent an application form..I sent them the account in dispute letter with OC ..and I get all this paper work back..Gonna email them on monday and thank them for the Paperwork even tho I didnt ask for it ..But will ask them for a copy of the DN TN.. the App form is rubbish and is not evidence that an Account ever exsisted

for a CCA request

you will get a statement of the account. as well as the CCA itself.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no thats an sar.

dx

and they

Hi

Just been reading the application form 1st Credit sent me and a section stats the following.

Applicant's Signature and declaration

Included in this application form are the Halifax credit card conditions. You will find a copy of this agreement in your Halifax Credit card application Pack.

As i only had the application form, they cant say it was an agreement that 1st Credit are saying they sent me.

Gaz

Hi All

Just an update for this thread.

Received large letter from 1st Credit today replying to my CCA request which i paid a £1 for.

All that was in the was statements/invoices but No Credit card agreement.

Now as i understand shouldn't they off sent me a CCA with this, or is it that they haven't got one.

Short letter the sent me with the bundle goes as.

Please find enclosed copy statements/invoices as requested for 1st credit Reference ..................

Upon receipt please contact 1st Credit immediately to discuss the above account.

Gaz

Send the following to 1st cruds compliance manager.

ref: as on their letter.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am in receipt of your reply to my recent request for a copy of the CCA1974 regulated agreement relating to the alleged debt for £xxxxxxx, as you are no doubt fully aware the documents provided do not in anyway comply with my lawful request.

I therefore consider this matter formally in dispute and cannot enter into further correspondence or verbal contact regarding the alleged debt.

I find quite disturbing that 1ST Credit are attempting to claim that the reply conforms to a proper reply to my request I am therefore immediately reporting this matter to the relevant regulatory bodies.

Please not also I do not acknowledge any debt to 1ST Credit.

Send recorded.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: