Amex and Newman

empowered
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would have thought the best 'stall' tactic would be to pick one of the charges and issue county court proceedings to reclaim it. Some paper work but believe it is free and also believe you can claim the other charges if and when you get the information you requested.

The point is the account would be in dispute and and they would be unable to proceed.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for posting. I do appreciate every bit of advice that comes my way.

Have now just taken hand back out from sand to start this defence afresh.

Can I still claim for the exhorbitant collection charge of £1500 even though i haven't paid it? If so, where do I start? I know that I need to start some sort of action against Amex to put this account formally into dispute to stop them pursuing me.

I have had another couple of letters threatening (in big letters) THE NEXT STAGE...

Thank you once again for your advice.

Also currently dancing with Amex who I am sure haven't got a correct agreement and dispite numerous letters have failed to produce my correctly signed agreement with original terms and conditions.

Latest twist is a little baffling. Rma resolve have been handling this for amex for months but just got a letter from united creditors alliance demanding full payment blah de blah and sticking on a £671 file handling fee.

Did some research and united creditors alliance isn't registered at companies house and seems to be the old name for Rma. Phoned up the number quoted on the letter and lady answered from rma. Asked to be put through to united creditors alliance and told they were not currently available but she could discuss the case.

Very bizarre a file transfer fee to themselfs! thinks me better have words with the financial ombudsman about this.