Can we claim back charges?

scatz1972
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Griffin House is the Data Protection Section which should deal with your SAR , scatz........ but Canada Square should forward it on ........ did you send it 'Recorded Delivery'? If so , someone will have signed for it -and they should forward it on , because it's traceable to their dept if they don't .

If it wasn't RD then wait a reasonable time-scale and send another to Griffin House ..........

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a letter this morning saying they will send the information by courier. However it also says

"This office only deals with the Data Protection for HSBC Bank Plc, you will need to make a seperate reuest to the following Data Controller for the provision of personal information re your payment protection insurance.

HSBC General Insurance Services (UK) Ltd

120 Redcliff Quay

Redcliff Street

Bristol

My sar requested everything, I sent my original request to Canada house, and in reply to a letter I recieved I sent my LBA to Griffin House....

Do I have to send another SAR? this is ridiculous!

I would be inclined to ask them for proof you gave them permission to share your data with a separate company because you don't recall giving this permission and you consider their actions to be a fundamental breach of the Data Protection Act :)

Two can play at silly buggers :D

pete

I would be inclined to ask them for proof you gave them permission to share your data with a separate company because you don't recall giving this permission and you consider their actions to be a fundamental breach of the Data Protection Act :)

Two can play at silly buggers :D

pete

hi Pete

:D

Does that mean that I have to send a second SAR and another £10 :confused:

If HSBC General Insurance Services (UK) Ltd are a seperate company with a different data controler yes you do :cool: but it does beg the question how your details were given to a seperate company, this would need your permission.

I would think if this is the case there is a clause in the insurance application document that allows HSBC to share your information but its worth the question.

I would also say I am supprised this subsiduary of HSBC has a seperate data controler as DG Solicitors and Metropolitan collections use the same one :rolleyes:

pete

Hi Pete and scatz :)

Just a thought , but surely if scatz took PPI out with HSBC, then it is whoever it was taken out with who is responsible for supplying the Subject Access Request Data.

The fact that it is administered by a separate branch of the company, or even another company is nothing to do with scatz.....

Just as , if you buy something from a shop and it goes wrong - you deal with the shop ...... not the manufacturer, or a third party........ (Sale of Goods Act)

:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

yes but this is the Data Protection Act and specifically getting information out of HSBC.

HSBC being scatz's "trusted fiduciary" agent :rolleyes: have the right to hold personal information concerning scatz... the Data Protection Act says they have to ask scatz's permission to pass this to another company.

Now they are saying they cant supply details of the PPI because its a separate company i.e. another SAR and £10 to the second company... I think its worth while finding out how this second company got these details :wink:.

pete

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the slow update, but I had some other things going on and kinda got distracted. Anyhow.....we got the contents of OH SAR request, had to collect it from the local branch.

Some of the statements go back further than the 6 years that they coughed up with our initial SAR...so can we claim back more than the 6 years??. If we could then this would go along way to settling OH managed loan that MCS currently hold.

If we cant claim back more than 6 years, then when does the 6 years run from, is it our inital letter asking for our money back or is it when you file at court, if its when you file at court then the claim will just be for a few hundred pounds.

iti s my understanding that is is from now . ie 30 jan 2009 they will go back 6 years... am not sure if they drop of week by week or month by month. just checked mine on line and they go back to feb 03..

and you have struck gold the fact they have given you statements beyond 6 years..... is this hsbc?

rockin all over the world

Yes its HSBC and the statements go back to 26/07/2001...there was loads of charges :mad: its so annoying that we cant claim them.

OH had a nasty managed loan with HSBC when he defaulted on and it got passed to MCS, he has been paying this loan back at £50pm for ages but its balance is still high. The default drops of his credit report early this year...we are just scared that they will pass the debt to another DCA who will go for a CCJ.

• 1 month later...

Bump bump

I have been informed that due to the waiver (stay period) claims can back 6 years from the 27th July 2007...so Im sending a new soc off to HSBC as it amounts to nearly half what is owed on the managed loan.

Am I correct in thinking that in the meantime HSBC or rather Metropolitan cant sell the debt to another company, as there is a dispute in place?

Bump bump

I have been informed that due to the waiver (stay period) claims can back 6 years from the 27th July 2007...so Im sending a new soc off to HSBC as it amounts to nearly half what is owed on the managed loan.

Good, well done !

Am I correct in thinking that in the meantime HSBC or rather Metropolitan cant sell the debt to another company, as there is a dispute in place?

Well, their not supposed too, but it has happened. If it does, it us know and we can challange it.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.