"Goodwill Payment" Received - How to Proceed

donnavkebab
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent my LBA on 27 June, due to file moneyclaim 12th July, didnt have time to do it yesterday, but checked my MBNA credit card online today and saw that they had credited £40 to my account - lo and behold I got home from work and there is the standard "we believe our charges are fair and enforceable blah blah, heres £40 as a goodwill payment" letter from Steve Bailey.

Now, I understand that I go back and accept it only as partial payment, and confirm that I want the whole lot and will be starting a court claim - my question is do I start the court claim online now (my deadline has already passed) or do i say I will be starting a court claim and see if they put the other £100 + interest in the account in the next few days?

If I do file the claim now then where / when do I take the £40 off that they have credited? I have already calculated the interest on the £140 using the simple spreadsheet template in the library, so do I add all the charges (140) then add the interest (approx 10) and then remove the £40 credited today to give me a balance then add the 8% interest or do you do it some other way !?!

Help !! The other threads I could find had either received a cheque which they could return to MBNA or weren't at the moneyclaim stage, so Im a bit stuck!!

Take the £40 off your most recent charges on your spreadsheet (for maximum interest effect) ;)

Stick to your original timetable - just write to them and tell them you accept it as a partial refund, but that the deadline for a full refund has passed so you are claiming the rest via Small Claims (Moneyclaim).

yesterday i received a reply from mbna to my dpa request which only included a brief list of charges, 600 pounds worth, and a pretty standard letter saying there charges are fair and enforcable, blah, blah. blah.

they then went on to offer me 100 pound good will payment.

this morning a cheque for a 100 arrived. I am going to send a prelim letter asking for full refund of all charges and that i will exept there goodwill payment as part settlement only.

i the mean time, what do i do with the cheque??

:mad:LF53

Accept the cheque as a partial refund only, and remove your most recent charges from your list (you may want to make it clear in your prelim letter that you have done this).

Why did they send you a cheque ? Is your account closed ?

Kevinlufflum please start your own thread as you are hi-jacking this one

Can users please not answer questions if the poster has hi-jacked a thread but point them to starting their own thread where it will be answered

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 4 weeks later...

(Mjanet) Not being rude or hi-jacking a thread but not everyone it seems in the early stages gets a reply. i have had one in over a week to mine, its all verywell saying what you say but it seems you only reply to long established users! and not those in the early stages that possibly need your help a little more.

many thanks

• Sad 1

...but it seems you only reply to long established users! ...

With all due respect, that is an absolutely ridiculous statement. The moderators and Site Helpers spend a massive amount of time dealing with initial enquiries, both in the Welcome Forum and in the general bank forums.

There is information posted on the site which states that if a user has not had a response to their query then they can contact a moderator and point them in the direction of the thread. There are 56,000 registered users and approx 20 people helping to run the site. At the peak hours in any day, we receive over 1million page hits per hour. It is an awesome responsibility that these helpers deal with and of course voluntarily.

I find your statement to be highly offensive in the circumstances.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

With all due respect, that is an absolutely ridiculous statement. The moderators and Site Helpers spend a massive amount of time dealing with initial enquiries, both in the Welcome Forum and in the general bank forums.

There is information posted on the site which states that if a user has not had a response to their query then they can contact a moderator and point them in the direction of the thread. There are 56,000 registered users and approx 20 people helping to run the site. At the peak hours in any day, we receive over 1million page hits per hour. It is an awesome responsibility that these helpers deal with and of course voluntarily.

I find your statement to be highly offensive in the circumstances.

look at my thread in bank section "got first reply from A& L then see if i should agree with you stop bitching we all should help EACH OTHER! Theres NO "ME" in team!

It is not up to the moderators and site helpers to spoonfeed you - this is a self-help forum. We will try and help you where we can, as will other forum users.

If you get stuck and need advice you can 'BUMP' your thread, or you can contact a moderator as Jonni suggested.

In answer to your question - yes - I think you should agree.

Now please stop hijacking this thread as has been advised previously.

If anybody posts further comments to this thread which are not relevant they will be deleted.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.