Claire Vs Natwest

clairelhoward
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,. First post but i've been reading lots and have sent off my initial letter to Natwest asking for repayment of charges.

I got a reply today (day 13 of the 14 day deadline). Telling me they need more time to look into my concern and they would write again within 10 days. Is it reasonable of me to send the LBA now? should i give them the time they ask for - i suppose it will look favourably on me in court if i was to give them the time requested. But if i do let them have the 10 days will they think i am a push over and fight in the hopes that i will give up?

The other thing is although i have now managed to clear my overdraft thanks to a bit of help from family i have been charged again twice since the original letter. can i add these new charges to the LBA?

Help please!

Claire:-)

Claire

xx

I am not a qualified solicitor and so any opinions expressed are personal and offered without predjudice :)

03/08/06 - awaiting defence/settlement - NatWest

Is there another thread that i have missed with an answer that would help me? Does anyone know?

Claire

xx

I am not a qualified solicitor and so any opinions expressed are personal and offered without predjudice :)

I would like to help you but I am not sure what the correct answer should be.

I am sure someone will help you, be patient.

Y

Credit Cards

Barclaycard -WON! Amex - WON! MBNA (x2) - WON!

Mint - WON! Monument - WON! Morgan Stanley - WON!

Egg - WON! Halifax - WON! Sainsbury's Bank - WON!

Citi Cards -WON!

Banks

08/06/06 Claim against NatWest started.

01/11/06 Case Closed :)

08/06/06 Claim against Halifax started

24/08/06 Case closed :)

Visit my forum: http://www.planet-watch.org/forum

As I understand it you have given them fourteen days to reply, they have but I think it is a delaying tactic,I had a similar letter ,but I believe that as long as you,ve given them fourteen days you can send them the lba now .I was advised by the mod to stick to timetable,DON,T LET THEM MESS YOU AROUND!!!This is only my opinion its really up to you

Thanks for the advice - right thats it!! LBA going today!!

When i called last week to find out if they had received my letter, which they had with a note on the system saying that 'customer feels charges are illegal' I believe unlawful and illegal have two seperate definitions, i was told that the bank interpreted the 14 days stated as working days. I guess i set the time table so in the LBA i will be specifically stating calendar days. Is this right do you think?

Thanks for the hlpe

Claire

xx

Claire

xx

I have no idea, I was going on calender days and I think if it was 14 working days then the template would have specified it as such.I,m going to carry on as 14 calender days unless someone else on this forum says otherwise!!!!again ,another delaying tactic by Natworst

Guest NATTIE

A lot of people are mentioning the letter about the 10 days.I don't think it is a delaying tactic but the letter being treated as a complaint(or concern in NW speak). While it is following FSA guidelines in relation to a complaint I still would agree with sending the LBA

Before i managed to get my LBA out i received a letter today with the uysual sod off notice and offering me just under half of what i'm claiming as full and final settlement. So my LBA changes somewhat does it? I will be letting them know that i am happy to accept the amount they offer but not as full and final settlement and will be continuing to claim the balance. On we go!!

Claire

xx

I know they will withdraw the offer but i ought to say i will accept it as part payment of what is powed rather than intimating that i spit on their measly offer lol...?

Claire

xx

Update....

LBA sent off today mentioning my acceptance of their kind offer on the grounds that it constitues part refund and that i will be continuing with my claim to recover all monies.

I've sent it recorded delivery first class so giving them from tomorrow morning 14 days i calculate to be up on 31st July. If i get a p$%@ off letter before then i can just get on with my claim can't I?

I have to say i am quite enjoying this!! never thought that this sort of thing could be so rewarding. Its a bit like cleaning - you don't want to do it but you get a real sense of achievement when it's done.

Thanks to this site for all help received so far and for all the useful information on the FAQs and other threads...i'll keep you posted.

Claire

xx

Please can you help!!;) I have just got my big pile of bank statements, but dont know where to find the step by step guide on what to do next.:-| if you can point me in the right direction of the step by step guide:)

Thanks

Sean.

Anybody Please!!!!!!!!

Check this out Sean, it's a "step by step" giude.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/243-step-step-instructions.html

Hope it helps

Y

Credit Cards

Barclaycard -WON! Amex - WON! MBNA (x2) - WON!

Mint - WON! Monument - WON! Morgan Stanley - WON!

Egg - WON! Halifax - WON! Sainsbury's Bank - WON!

Citi Cards -WON!

Banks

08/06/06 Claim against NatWest started.

01/11/06 Case Closed :)

08/06/06 Claim against Halifax started

24/08/06 Case closed :)

Visit my forum: http://www.planet-watch.org/forum

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

My Claim has been issued as of yesterday so away we go!!

I recieved a letter the other day from Natwest Credit Card - it seems they have lowered the charges for credit card late payments and such like, from 25 to £12. I assume to come in line with the OFT ruling on credit cards.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned i couldnt see it anywhere.

I wonder if they will follow suit on their current account charges. I havent received any notification of that yet.

Claire

xx

Hi Guys

My Claim has been issued as of yesterday so away we go!!

I recieved a letter the other day from Natwest Credit Card - it seems they have lowered the charges for credit card late payments and such like, from 25 to £12. I assume to come in line with the OFT ruling on credit cards.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned i couldnt see it anywhere.

I wonder if they will follow suit on their current account charges. I havent received any notification of that yet.

Claire

xx

Hi Guys

Claim acknowledged by Mr Rogers Solicitor at Natwest (not Cobbetts) on 3rd August. I'm hoping it will go the same way as a few of the other claims have recently! :-)

Claire

xx