Streamline.net - the home of appalling web hosting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you so much for your help guys.

As you saw from my email yesterday to CCI I received a further automated email today saying:

"Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We can confirm receipt of your E-mail and are currently procesing this information, a formal response will be provided once the details have been processed.

Please do not respond to this e-mail as it is an automated response."

Following your advice I will not reply. If I keep getting pestered by them about it I will do what you said Locutus.

Wow this stuff can really stress you and and put the frighteners on you.

Just out of interest are they still bothering anyone once you say you aren't paying or has anyone ever had them come round to their house?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I've found that I'm in the same predicament as others.

Years ago (2009 maybe?) I had the urge to create a site so that I could put all my personal blogs onto.

Didn't really do any research and opened up an account on streamline.net for something like £5 a month (a very basic package). I never used the website at all, never uploaded anything and soon forgot all about it.

Sometime later, my card had expired and they were unable to receive anything as a payment. Since then I've been bombarded with email after email for a good couple of years stating either:

Payment Outstanding for 7 Days

Suspension of Services

Account Closure Scheduled

I've ignored them completely as there is no alternative suggestion to contact them other than the 0844 number which I do not I feel inclined to dial.

Yesterday I've received a letter through the post from CCI Legal ordering the payment of £82.12 or £58.12 by the 19/12/2012.

Any and all advise will be greatly appreciated.

Well, I just got a very official looking letter from CCI Legal too. Not actually made out to me personally but to "Accounts Payable" and my trading name (I am a sole trader). It arrived second class post, no signature for recorded delivery.

If I pay by 19.12.12 they will waive their admin fees and I need only pay £134.96, which is nice of them. However, if I pay later than this date then £158.96 will be due. Also they threaten "further recovery action which may incur additional costs".

Part of me really wants to write a letter telling them exactly what I think of their outfit and part of me wants to save the cost of a stamp and just let them carry on demanding money but I realise that this could get a little tiresome.

Any advice?

ignore

cci are very lowlevel pond life

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Mr Gilkes and welcome to CAG

Unless CCI come up with anything more substantive than their normal threats, I'd ignore them.

Hi Themod and I'd suggest you do the same - ignore CCI unless they come up with something more persuasive.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for the replies folks.

I am pretty sure that CCI Legal and Streamline are all mouth and trousers. I am just suprised that they blatently ignore OFT guidelines in so much that they are still attempting to obtain payment on an unresolved disputed debt.

I recon their next move will be another "Urgent- Final Notice" letter before they attempt to bully me with the threat of a CCJ. In some way I hope they do. I dont like bullies.

As said, PONDLIFE.

I too am currently under "attack" from CCI legal services, again because of Streamline.net. Similar scenario to the above case.

CCI write letters with varying amounts that they want to be paid. There is no clear reference of the case number on the form which you have to send back to them. It all seems very underhand indeed. How would they process the details of the claim with no reference number on the return form?

I asked them over the phone for more details about how I owe them money,

and they just reiterated it was a service from Streamline.net,

which I informed them that a friend of mine took out the service some years ago for me on my behalf,

again for a blog site, which I had planned to write.

Subsequently I didn't have the time to write a blog and wrote the amount I paid to Streamline off as a bad debt, not expecting any repercussions.

I too received a "final notice" in the post from Streamline.net and didn't get any other written warnings before hand.

I didn't want the service to continue, I didn't use their service. Why should I be forced to pay for something that I don't want / use / need?

The letters are intimidating, time consuming to reply to and a general pain in the *ss.

Here is another forum which covers a similar issue, with replies from other helpful users.

Hope this is of help.

Im sure Streamline and CCI Legal know this, but who has the time to follow it through? So they ignore the law and OFT guidelines in the hope that their "victim" will pay up.

Their whole operation depends on official looking letters and empty threats of bailiffs, court summonses and ruined credit ratings. The sums they want are comparitively small and many of their victims will choose to pay rather than deal with such vicious sounding threats.

Got a new letter from CCI legal today:

"I am writing in relation to your letter received by us on the 21/12/12. You noted on the top of the letter that you do not acknowledge any debt claimed by us, however may I point out that you spoke to us on the 05/12/12 after sending in an income and expenditure form offering a repayment amount of £10 per month. By making this offer you have already acknowledged that you are due to make payment on the outstanding balance, this offer has already been accepted and we have sent you out a banker's order and mandate in order for you to return.

Further to your request under the consumer credit act, unfortunately this contract is not covered under this act and is regulated under the distance selling and continuous payment authority regulations as set out by the office of fair trading. Therefore in this instance we would not be able to provide a deed of assignment or a credit agreement as it is not applicable, you are bound by the online terms and conditions as agreed by you on the initial sign up process to Streamline.net.

In order to view and re-confirm these terms and condition please following the link below on your web browser: ##################################

Based on these terms and conditions the debt remains valid and due for payment. The fee of £1 that you including with your request has now been offset against the outstanding balance."

This is word for word perfect. Note their almost Chinese use of English. "these terms and condition(s) please following the link" and "that you including"

Are they correct in what they say?, or is this just a load of rubbish? Have I opened more of a can of worms by offering to send them a breakdown of my monthly expenditure. I sent the offer for £10.00 without thinking that I could be paying into something which I know absolutely nothing about.

I want this matter put to bed so to speak, so that I can get on with my life without the worry of further letters and threats.

Any help from you all will be a huge bonus.

then forget about them.

you owe nowt

your mistake was to phone them.

now ignore.

you dot spoofed once

you now know better.

and its unlawful to use the £1 for a CCa request as payment

your letter said what it was for.

but WHY did you send a CCA, there hasa never been any recommendation in this thread.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Alan,

I agree with DX - you made an offer to pay and you've since withdrawn it on the basis of information which suggests you do not have to pay them any more.

Ignore them for now and see what nonsense they come back with.

I'll bet it's NOT a court summons.

:wink:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I asked for a copy of the deed of assignment or credit agreement, because if I owe them money, I want proof that I took out the service which they claim I did. It was that long ago I cannot remember.

How is it unlawful for them to use the £1 for a CCa request as payment?

I will just be ignoring them. But will post any further correspondence from them on here.

Hi Alan,

If you used the Site Template for your CCA request, it should have said the £1 payment is to be used only to pay the CCA request fee and NOT as a payment towards the alleged debt.

This is important in some cases where any payment towards the alleged debt will reset the 6 year Limitation Act clock.

In your case, I think it doesn't matter.

I would be letting sleeping dogs lie for the moment, however any threats/demands from them I would respond with the exact same wording only in respect to the £1 back :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Here is a copy of the letter which I wrote to CCI.

"I do not acknowledge any debt to your company.

With reference to the above alleged debt, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of the original credit agreement and Deed Of Assignment for my review.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a copy of any credit agreement and Deed Of Assignment on request, which I have asked for confirmation of this already. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand a copy of our credit agreement and deed of assignment should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement and/or deed of assignment under these sections of the Act."

well whatever you got that from its WRONG

you would never see or get the deed of assignment

and it should have a line regarding the £1 is a fee for the CCa only - NOT to be used against the alleged debt or for any other purpose.

dx

and they

yes but as there is no CCA on these debts as they are not credit

it would cost more to send it back knowing them.

dx

and they

From the OFT Principles for use of Continuous Payment Authority.

Cancellation of the contract

Customers should not be misled regarding their rights to cancel. In particular, they should not be told they are required to contact the business before (or instead of) the payment service provider. [note5]

note 5. Under the Payment Services Regulations, consumers can cancel any future transaction at any time up to close of business on the preceding day. The transaction can be cancelled either with the trader or the payment service provider (the customer's bank or card issuer). It is good practice to notify the trader, particularly where there may be an underlying contractual liability, but this is not a pre-condition for cancellation.

Distance Selling regulations:

What customers must do if they want to cancel

A customer must tell you in writing, or in another durable medium, if they want to cancel. The customer can give notice by

• leaving a notice addressed to you at your last address known to the customer, in which case notice is said to have been given on the day on which it was left at your address
  • posting the notice to you at the address last known to the customer, in which case notice is said to have been given on the day it was posted
  • faxing or emailing the notice to you on the last fax number or email address known to the customer, in which case notice is said to have been given on the day it was sent.

A phone call is not enough unless you say in your terms and conditions that you will accept cancellations by phone.

The effective date for cancellations under the DSRs is the date on which the customer gives notice of cancellation to you. This ensures that the customer can take advantage of the full cancellation period provided for in the DSRs.

You may ask your customers to keep some evidence of having given you the cancellation notice, such as a certificate of posting or confirmation of fax transmission, but you cannot insist on this.

Hey guys fab thread. Same situation this company is getting really out of hand again pursuing me for debt from 1/2 years ago on the basis that I did not cancel, what makes this worse is that I have been writing back and fourth with streamline.net to resolve the issue and they instruct CCI legal services.

For a company which is relatively smaller than major PLCs they seem to a high number of complaints which all surface in regards to unsolicited payment, random billing exercises. I am going to submit evidence to CCI, lets see how this one goes.

Hi Notyouraverage and welcome to CAG

An alternative approach may be to ignore these parasites from now on.

The more you argue the toss with them, the more they're encouraged to continue arguing with and threatening you.

Their hope is that they'll wear you down and you'll pay out of exasperation, or fear that they have some legal rights over you.

But the experiences of everyone here suggests that they have NO such rights and they avoid taking direct action.

Try ignoring them if you want to take a different approach. When they realise they don't scare you anymore, they'll stop wasting their time chasing you.

Hi Slick, the problem is they have instructed CCI a debt collection agency I feel its only matter of time before this gets out of hand and that it effects my credit rating, I work in a job role where I have regular credit searches there is a high chance this could effect my employment. CCI seemed reasonable I have much evidence to submit, lets see what they say.

Cant we get together and create a template letter / email and send this to watchdog perhaps? I know it sounds daft probably need 100's of people emailing them however the point I'm trying to make it that for company which has a significantly lower client base than large PLC they have awful reviews and many threads similar to this.