Ruthbridge Ltd

kether
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter from Ruthbridge recently about a debt from 2002. From reading on the forums I understand that debts over 6 years old are statute barred.

I work in a regulated industry and if I had a default against my name then I would lose my job so took out a loan and paid off the debt today.

Now I feel foolish as I understand that Ruthbridge buy statute barred debts and use bully boy tactics (as they did on me) to obtain the money.

I am planning on raising an indemnity claim for the money paid to Ruthbridge but what steps do I have to take to:

a) ensure the debt is statute barred

b) ensure that Ruthbridge stop harrassing me.

Thanks

I received a letter from Ruthbridge recently about a debt from 2002. From reading on the forums I understand that debts over 6 years old are statute barred.

I work in a regulated industry and if I had a default against my name then I would lose my job so took out a loan and paid off the debt today. Although the debt was probably stat barred you have in fact acknowledge it by paying ruthbridge

Now I feel foolish as I understand that Ruthbridge buy statute barred debts and use bully boy tactics (as they did on me) to obtain the money.

I am planning on raising an indemnity claim for the money paid to Ruthbridge but what steps do I have to take to:I believe that if the debt was yours and you admitted it by paying it then not a lot, but I could be wrong here

a) ensure the debt is statute barred - too late

b) ensure that Ruthbridge stop harrassing me. why are they still harassing you oif you have paid it off?

Thanks

PGH

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

I have received a letter from Ruthrbidge about a debt I last paid to Citifincial in 2004.

They are threatning me with a bankcrupcy order, can they do this?

Of course they can threaten you - they have!

The object is to frighten you and make you panic.

Tell us more about your circumstance and the circumstances of the supposed debt and we'll see what we can do to help.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

The loan is with Citifinancial and I last paid the debt in 2004, since then I have recieved a couple of letters from a debt collector and recently 2 from Ruthbrdige, 1 asking for payment in full and another threatning bankcrupcy procedings if they do not receive a reply from me by 10th August. The debt is for £4385, of which I cannot pay. the bankcrupcy threat offered me to pay a final settlement of about £2000, of which I still cannot pay

Worried

1#

Once a debt has been stat barred it cannot be unbarred, even if you make a part payment or jump up and down screaming "yes! I owed you the money!" but since you paid them in full I think its game up. If you can stop the payment try, than send off the stat barred lettter.

Reading your post I am not sure if you have looked at your credit report but it's possible you have already been defaulted. A question I am trying to get answered is if a company can default you when a debt becomes stat barred, if they failed to register a default before.

So if you stop the money you could be looking at a default if one was not already placed.

Unless someone knows different?

Edited by Coasters

And the latest score is...

DCA's 0 v Coasters 2

I have sent a letter recorded delivery to request Copy of credit agreement

Reading others on this forum, I feel pretty convinced that neither Ruthbridge or Citifinancial will be able to come up with a copy.

What happens if they do send me a copy? Should I agree to pay an arranged amount, although reading what others experience of this company they seem very unreasonable. Any advice would be appreciated.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

Wait for their relpy then come back on line, if they send anything it needs checking, personally I'd expect (Bovine Excreta).

Hi

Wait for their relpy then come back on line, if they send anything it needs checking, personally I'd expect (Bovine Excreta).

Thanks. I will await their reply. Now wrestling with a demand from child tax credit overpayment (£8.000) can you advise what I should do?

I am new to forums and threads etc.....

Start a thread in the Benefits and Tax credits section, describe a bit of background and get in touch with your MP- it can sometimes help.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/

Click on the link above, then underneath the boxes showing that this is the area for Benefits, Tax credits and Minimum Wage advice, on the left hand side is a button labelled "New Thread". Click on this.

I hope that is alright.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .