Hbos bank charges claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well last weekend went on line to check my balance and saw that there was not enough to cover a Direct debit that was going out on Monday. So Monday morning I went down to my local HBOS and paid in enough cash to cover the transaction.

Well three days later get a bank charge for failed DD!!!!!!

With steam coming out my ears I phone them up and the girl at the other end says DD's are taken off at 2.00 in the morning, the only time they apply for the payment!!!!

Seems amazing that the day runs for 24 hours and they cannot push a button on their computer to re-apply for payment.

How much are they making out of this? I also said to the girl that it was rich that they were advising me on how to run my account when they couldn't put their own house in order. She informed me that her division was one of the profit making sides of the business to which I replied , no wonder after charging the common working man £35 a shot in charges!

She says she will fill in a complaint form, awaiting their standard reply!!!

Rant over.

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

Hey

I was in exactly the same position as you , they had also explained that due to the DD being missed charges had to be incurred, i then had asked exactly what had cost them £35 for me not having funds in my account, i requested it in writing or for it to be explained, woman at the counter was then stuck for words, i then stated that the only cost incurred is for a piece of paper and an envelope, a complaint had then been initiated but i had also written in demanding they refund it on hardsship issues.

I have recivied their reply and the have declined , however i may dispute it by filling in an intrusive quiestanaire, theres no way i am going to fill it in , im quie thankfull that i have come across this site, so i may look around and establish how other people may have delat with this.

If you have priority debt arrears(mortgage/rent, council tax, utilities) then you may be eligible to be refunded under financial hardship rules. However if you don't complete the Income and Expenditure Halifax do not have to treat your case as a hardship one.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

• 1 month later...

Well through my door this morning comes a glossy book detailing "Special Conditions, Bank Account Conditions" amazing what they can spend the taxpayers money on!!!!

Well totally contrary to the 2.00 in the morning, "Direct Debits are Processed" is the Section 2 Halifax Bank Account Conditions:-

Bank Working Day is any day between 9am and 5pm which is not a Saturday, Sunday or English Bank Holiday.

So if the DD goes out on the Bank Working Day, how can you not pay money in on the Bank Working Day to cover these withdrawals????

Also states that "Remember you need enough money in your account at the end of each day to cover any payments that are due to go out next day.

In the case of salary payments that is wrong as my salary goes in the same day as DD's are taken!!!!

Anybody any thoughts or has anybody legally challenged this???

That term re working day is talking about when their branches are open. Furthermore, BACS are classed as being in the account to cover the payments going out whilst for example, a faster payment would not.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

• 10 years later...

I had a complaint against BOS rejected in 2008 and was not expecting anymore involvement with the reclaiming process, but my daughter has now received her 4th cheque from Lloyds regarding O/D charges she wracked up over 10yrs ago, whilst at Uni.

The correspondence came out of the blue, they had trashed her Credit File she was not happy, but had not complained.

The communication came from the Customer Solutions Team in Cardiff, anyone had a similar success?

In the meantime I have resurrected my claim, I'll see how it goes!

Thanks for linking my latest post to my original tale of woe, reminded me of the crap I went through with them previously.

Will now keep updating with any further movements!