**Removal of Default Success**

nyc_lond10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading a number of the threads here, I decided to take action against HSBC. I sent them the Data Prtoetection letter - as posted on these threads and received the following from HSBC:

17th of July

Mr. XXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated 2 July 2008 which HSBC Chief executive, Mr. xxxxx has forwarded for my attention to review and address the issues you have raised. I trust you will accept my response as Manager, HSBC Service Improvement Team.

From reviewing your customer file I have concentrated on the aspects relating to the account 40XXXXX. I understand that this account in addition to two other accounts was passed in error to Metropolitan Debt Collection Services during 2007. I have spoken at length with my colleagues who work within the registering of defaults on HSBC accounts and they have confirmed that as the accounts were passed in error any defaults should be removed from the accounts. From reviewing your accounts I understand this was dealt with on two of the accounts but not on your current account ending in xxxx. I have therefore arranged for the removal of the default notice from your account. The HSBC default registration team confirm this has been deleted but please allow 14 days for the information to be fully expunged from your creditor file.

Please accept my apologies for the length of time this has taken to resolved. As a gesture of goodwill I have credited your account with the sum of £50.00 to got towards any costs you may have incurred.

The letter goes on to talk about my legal challenge and then goes on to say:

HSBC obey and uphold the rights of the Datat Protection Act and always comply with its terms. The issue of disclosing personal details are outlined within our personal Banking Terms and Conditions. HSBC will abide by these terms and conditions and expect account holders to do the same whilst accounts are held with the bank. If however accounts are passed to a debt collection agency this right is transferred to the agency as per section 7, Miscellaneous section 7.8.

Blah blah.

I have been working for a year to have default removed. The first two defaults came of fairly easy. This last default re: my current account in legal challenge took a while longer unitl I notice that a letter they sent me warning me that they were goign to close my account and register the account as "default" was not a "certified and true copy" as required by the Consumer Credit Act.

Anyway, thanks for everyone' support and help.

Happy to help any way I can.

nyc_lond10

• Haha 1

:):):)

Well Done nyc! Took a while , but it shows if you persevere you'll get there . Thanks for sharing it with us.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D