style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Where are you?  

637 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Where are you?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you must be. It's worked out using Pythagorus - took some dredging of the old memory banks writing that bit of code, I can tell you. So, in English - it's as the crow flies, not along roads.

I have deleted all the dummy entries.

Blimey.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Indeed there is - you however, are one of them.

So, there is someone who is in the same postal region as you registered.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

I am from sunny beautiful Brighton

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Just joined - I'm from the north border of Suffolk, which is on the border of Norfolk, itself in East Anglia although for the point of the survey I'm from 'other' :grin:

Worz

I used to be a dummy, stuffed full of straw and standing in the field of life. And like the straw-filled dummy I was I accepted my lot in life and carried on, tied to a stake in the miserable field of depression as the elements beat me day and night. But there came a time when the elements had gone too far and the string holding me to the stake fell rotten to the ground. The elements had tried to beat me, but instead had set me free!

Just joined - I'm from the north border of Suffolk, which is on the border of Norfolk, itself in East Anglia although for the point of the survey I'm from 'other' :grin:

Worz

Ah..I wondered where the 'other' people were from - unfortunately there's a limit on the poll options so 'other' had to include any place else :D

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

I may be mistaken but I think some buddies are duplicated, it now tells me that there are 2 buddies with my postcode, maybe there is?

There are 3 buddies with my postcode - I'll be one of them, I have a fair idea who one of the other 2 is (Hi Lueeze :D) but the 3rd one is a little mystery.... it's amusing though :)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Just out of interest, what do people think of the "Buddy system"?

Do you think it helps newbies who are worried that they might have to go to court - and if so, have to go on their own?

It is quite interesting - theres about 10 people within a 15 mile radius of me - I can't help but wonder who's who!!

------------

------------

Good god - there are three buddies with my postcode! Now I know one is Vamp, and logic dictates that the system won't generate me as a buddy for myself...ergo, two others live round the corner from me...I wonder who they are...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'll change the last post - Dave, you need to check out a bug...I AM one of the buddies for myself, as I just emailed all three.

I would hate to think that someone registers as a buddy, sees someone with the same postcode...and then emails themself...only to find that there aren't any buddies for them after all...

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yeah - it's on my list.

I did know that it was doing that - although I didn't move it up the priority list (I've been busy as hell writing a SMTP server for the newsletter - our host won't allow bulk emails and won't quantify what 'bulk' means), simply because no-one has gone to court yet.

It's not that easy to do with the way it's set up now, because you only select a postcode from the list - if you put an email address in too, then I could only bring back ones that didn't include your email address.

I suppose that's what I'll have to do (thinking aloud (typing?) now).

Unless anyone has another idea?

------------

------------

Unless anyone has another idea?

Actually, I do. You could have a duplicate validator...I think that I am BOTH of the other buddies, as I have probably registered twice...

However, I still think that the earlier suggestions (local court - I think that was Maxie) would be better as a field in UserCP. Then people could look up matching, and then PM users that they are 'familiar' with...

Guest Lueeze

Hiya Mcuth!

Maybe the 3 people in our area are us and....us....and.........us?????

So you live in SN2 too? How WEIRD!!!!!:eek:

Guest Lueeze

The buddy system is great!

You never know it might start friendships too! People meeting in person with like minded ideas...

You have set up a dating agency apparently Dave!!!:eek:

Hiya Mcuth!

:D

Maybe the 3 people in our area are us and....us....and.........us?????

LOL - well, I didn't register an alterego, so there might be another one somewhere......I didn't think SN2 was that large to be honest :D

So you live in SN2 too? How WEIRD!!!!!:eek:

Aye, it's a small world - as they say - almost like going on holiday and bumping into someone from down your street...

Now, if you're hooked on Deal or No Deal too, then that'd be just plain FREAKY :D

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Now, if you're hooked on Deal or No Deal too, then that'd be just plain FREAKY

Oh, go on then: http://www.dilan4.freeserve.co.uk/maths/dond.swf

It's not that easy to do with the way it's set up now, because you only select a postcode from the list - if you put an email address in too, then I could only bring back ones that didn't include your email address.

What about entering your username (or picking it up from the login cookie) and returning results that didn't include that?

I think it's a great system by the way, hopefully it'll give some reassurance to folks in local areas :)

Cheers

Michael

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks