LloydsTSB what a surprise ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

12 weeks??? I'd be phoning them up asking if they have a debit card handy to make a payment now, and if they are having difficulties perhaps they could consider a loan to help them pay:D:D

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The FOS don't see this as a problem and its 12 weeks the the 8% is adding up however is I get any more love letters from their pet DCAs during the 12 weeks I will be demanding more compensation

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

• 2 months later...

Right so we are now about 10 weeks after Lloyds will havce received the acceptance of the offer

I have been so patient

I called them today and I was very polite. I do now have confirmation that Lloyds are also planning on repaying 5 loans worth. However one (the most recent) has had to go to a different team something to do with charges and missing payments and the fact the loan had been written off. The woman I spoke to was apparentyl the one dealing with my case but only sent that stuff off to tehother team on Friday but is going to chase it as I made a point of saying I was ringing to check the status since the 12 weeks were nearly up

I should get a letter soon - i am sure they will use most of the refund to wipe the loan but I am happy with that provided the overall numbers are what I think they should be - ie I should still get a nice wad on top as far as i am concerned

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Ok so no money as yet

But I have had the letter with all the calculations form Lloyds and apparently I will get a cheque in the post

So

Loan one - ammount of payment £3xx.xx less than I worked out

Loan two - ammount of payment £1xx.xx less than I worked out

Loan 3 ammount of payment £2xx.xx less that I worked out

Loan 4 ammount of payment £3xxx.xx about the same as I worked out

Loan 5 ammount of payment £7xxx.xx - considerabl;y more than I worked out

Distress compo - £200 - which is what the FOS told me

Overall just over £11.5K a couple of grand more than I expected - basically because I hadn't figured out how to incorporate the reduced starting balance form one loan to the next which occurred because they were a series of refinances

Happy with that but won't go made til I get the cheque - now over half of it will go back to then to cover my outstanding loan anfd credit card balances but I am will still be left with a much needed windfall which actually should mean I get to clear most of the rest of my debt and still have a bit to play with

Although RBS are in for a shock I will pay the excess over what they have taken off me in charges plus 8% interst and not a penny more they can try and chase me for charges if they like but I will fight it all the way :cool:

I will let you know when I have cashed the check and then you can add WON to the thread title :D

The PPI Saga

Hi RV:)

Excellent news - I'm very pleased for you, particularly that you are pleasantly surprised by the amount - I hope you get the cheque very soon as it will be a nice pre-Christmas windfall.

So good to know you'll be able to clear your other debts - exactly what I'm hoping to do if the FOS ever find in our favour!

I don't blame you at all regarding RBS - I intend to do the same with MBNA!

Take care,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

• 2 weeks later...

I am now a little confused - part of the payment for the last loan says it is the recalculated settlement fee at the date of cancellation (approx 4K)and it was paid to me so I am not sure if I owe them anything on this loan or not - when I work out what the rejigged starting amount was it leaves me with a starting balance that is only 500 quid more than I actually paid in total which would not amount to 4K still owing in 3 years

If this is the case it is a far better outcome than I was expecting but part of me thinks it is too good to be true

The PPI Saga

Firstly - holy moly, 12k?!?!?!? :D:D:D:D That's not a bad little windfall just before crimbo is it!

I think someone else will have to help you with the amounts you're confused about as I've just read what you wrote 3 times and I'm still not getting it - nothing to do with you, I just have a stinking cold and I'm not thinking clearly.

Personally though I'd just sit tight and cash it, after all you're the consumer and know very little, and they are a sophisticated financial institution so even if it is wrong how would you be expected to know?

Anyway, massive congrats on that Red, you really deserve it after sticking with it through all the cr*p they put you through.

Well done:D

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Ta Lexis - I have already cashed it - I have had letters from AIC chasing the original outstanding balance but their next threat was to recommend their client takes legal action which basically is big talk meaning we give up and pass it back

The PPI Saga

WOW well done if you want a **WON** or **GOT MY MONEY BACK** added to your thread title just post.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

AA I cashed the cheque last monday and it still hasn't cleared (today is officially day 5 in the cheque clearance cycle)lets leave the real celebrations til it does - hopefully tomorrow

The PPI Saga

Hello AA the cheque cleared yesterday so I feel OK in saying WON

I arranged for over half of it to go out today to cover mortgage arrears - just as well since I got home form that trip to find court papers for a reposession hearing which should now be cancelled having spoken to the solicitor

The PPI Saga

Please for you RV. That will be a lot off your mind then just coming up on Christmas. :)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks AA - I am temping so not sure how long I can keep the payments up to date (the rest of this year is fine I am clearing other debts as well) but it will be on the market in the next couple of weeks anyway as part of the terms of my mothers will so I should be OK especially since a house down the road form us sold in 2 weeks

The PPI Saga

Hi RV:)

So pleased to see your thread title changed to 'won' at last and also that you are putting your refund to such good use in clearing other debts! It must be satisfying to be able to do that:D

Did you manage to sort out what to do about your current LTSB loan?

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Landy I have decided if I get another threatogram from a DCA regarding this I will just send them a copy of the bit of the offer where THEY paid ME 4K as a SETTLEMENT which to my mind suggests there is no longer anything owing and work at it from there - the morgage took priority anyway

The PPI Saga

Landy I have decided if I get another threatogram from a DCA regarding this I will just send them a copy of the bit of the offer where THEY paid ME 4K as a SETTLEMENT which to my mind suggests there is no longer anything owing and work at it from there - the morgage took priority anyway

Sounds about right to me RV;)

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Congrat RV! This is an excellent outcome to those months waiting for this result. Sometimes I ask myself is there anything wrong with all the banks? Why put up a fight when in the end you're going to cough up? Oh I forgot, they are relying on those among us who will give up just after the first gun shot from them. It won't happen with us the "Believers", as no matter how long it will take we will hang on and chase them up to the final result: SHOW US OUR MONEY. Well done RV:D:D:D:D!

Ta everyone

and Aman that made me smile - aided by a drop of cider well put we are the believers who don't have VICTIM tattooed on out foreheads for banks to see :D

The PPI Saga

The tattoo says ***WON***

;)

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from